• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

May I ask...

Old news: Ripit4me is down, perhaps for good. No one seems to know. Now, I was never a big fan of the program, not because it didn't work well (which it did), but because I bought software offered from Slysoft. I kinda wanted to use what I paid for as opposed to a free program. Ripit4me worked well, but in my opinion, was sub-standard to Anydvd.

Hypothetically: What if the makers of Macrovision, Arcoss, Flux, Puppetlock, etc. got to them? I understand Slysoft is an off shore company (non U.S.). However, is it possible that Slysoft is in any way vulnerable to this also? What about Clonedvd? They're a different company than Slysoft, and since one seems to greatly compliment the other, is either program (company) at risk of being taken off line by these ******** that determine what the "greater good" is?

As I'm sure many of you are, I'm a huge fan of Anydvd, and Clonedvd. In my opinion, these are the best programs out there right now to serve our purpose. Is either one in any danger of being "red taped"? I sincerely hope not. However, where there's an RIAA, or an MPAA, unfortunately there seems to be a way.

I understand Slysoft is an off shore company (non U.S.). However, is it possible that Slysoft is in any way vulnerable to this also?

No. Slysoft is located in Antigua, which is DMCA free. Should laws change there . . . well, there are lots of other islands . . . ;)

What about Clonedvd?

Clonedvd doesn't do any kind of decrypting whatsoever. Consequently, it can't be targeted. Elaborate Bytes is based in Switzerland.
That company developed Clonecd originally and some of the predecessor code for Anydvd. Threats were made against Elaborate Bytes. Slysoft then approached Elaborate Bytes (Olli) and bought Clonecd and, I'm guessing, the code for DVD-Region Killer (which later turned into Anydvd, I think). I suspect if Clonedvd could also be attacked, Slysoft would own that program by now as well, but I'm just guessing.

As for Ripit4me, I really have no idea what happened. We have no official word: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=22687&postcount=3

Last edited:
Back