• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some "insider" Dragon Age info

Yeah, I'm heading out to go pick up my Collector's Edition pre-order shortly.

Yup. Totally going to completely suck. Worst. Game. Ever. :D

I'm really loving it so far... Highly recommend this game to RPG fans for sure.

I will be. I have it installed now and will be creating my character later today so I can start. I'm seriously looking forward to it.

Good choice!

My biggest regret is that I didn't pre-order the collectors edition. I really think this game is going to be a classic. :(

On a side note, anyone bother completing all 5 achievements on the Dragon Age website playing that flash game "Dragon Age Journeys"? I completed chapter 1 to get the ring but I don't know if it would be worth the time to try to get that helm for my warrior. I would rather be playing the real game... :agree:

On a side note, anyone bother completing all 5 achievements on the Dragon Age website playing that flash game "Dragon Age Journeys"?

Yeah, I was bored.

My girlfriend did as well.

You can get three in-game items in total from that flash game.

I know at least one person who got all 3 items from playing Journeys. I wound up with 2 items but didn't get the third due to a lack of motivation.

With respect to Dragon Age: Origins, the game very well may be amazing and from what I've seen of it I am extremely impressed but I am also extremely disappointed in E.A.. They knew this game was going to be huge and yet their servers simply cannot handle the traffic. Different servers that need to communicate with one another simply aren't. People who purchased the game via Direct2Drive, Impulse, and Steam are having registration issues due to a problem with the registration key information not being known by all the necessary servers. People have had issues with redeeming in-game bonus items, people have had issues with downloading and/or purchasing Warden's Keep, the social site that BioWare created is all but unusable at times, the forums are also unusable at times, and the Dragon Age: Origins toolset that was supposed to be released with the launch of the game is missing. I've logged in a number of times to be told that my bonus items and downloaded Warden's Keep aren't authorized for my use. Uh, yeah, that's wrong. That's a server issue on their end.

The game is great but the server issues are very bad. The idiots in charge didn't make sure that the servers could handle the load of people registering the game and with all the promotion and great publicity that this game received they very well knew just how big the launch would be. Someone messed up big time.

Last edited:
I'm sure the helms I will find a little bit farther into the game will eclipse that one anyways...

Edit; Sorry to hear about that Drink. I was fortunate enough not to have those issues. I am, however on PC.

I'm sure the helms I will find a little bit farther into the game will eclipse that one anyways...

Edit; Sorry to hear about that Drink. I was fortunate enough not to have those issues. I am, however on PC.

I'm playing the PC version, as well.

The issue appears to be regional. I've run into a lot of problems and the forums on the BioWare and Impulse site are flooded with people having issues. Someone that I know who lives in another region is having no issues whatsoever. It simply appears to come down to the servers in specific regions not being able to handle the load on them.

I only had annoying download issues (Shale and Warden's Keep) on release day. Otherwise, I've had no problems.

The server issues likely depend on where you live.

Everything Drink mentioned is with respect to the PC. We're all using PCs here.

The server issues need to be addressed, obviously. And the lack of the toolset being released when promised is pretty bad.

Dragon Age: Origins 1.01

Patch details:
  • fixed potential corruption of character statistics
  • fixed portrait appearance sliders when importing a character from the downloadable Character Creator
  • fixed import for preset face settings from the downloadable Character Creator
  • made Easy difficulty easier
  • slightly increased attack, defense, and damage scores for all party members at Normal difficulty
  • fixed video issues when running on a very wide screen display, including ATI Eyefinity displays

http://social.bioware.com/game_patches.php

As fas as I am aware this update is for the physical retail copy on DVD. Steam has its own update. I don't know about Impulse or D2D.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to start playing tomorrow. I did not have any issues with content yet. I've not even created my character as of yet though. I'll be doing that either tonight or in the morning when I start playing.

Back