• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripit4me Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakers

Looks like Ripit4me may be gone folks. Website is down and fourm has been removed. Also, the Digital Digest forum has been removed too and all traces of it. I'm surprise no one has posted anything about this yet. I hope it has not gone the way of Dvd Decrypter.

Last edited:
Looks like Ripit4me may be gone folks. Website is down and fourm has been removed. I'm surprise no one has posted anything about this yet.

Right now it appears everything is speculation. The forum is gone however the status of the website is in question. Even the original posting saying the forum was going away was, itself, removed. No one really seems to know anything at this point.

I'm just waiting on some form of official word.

April Fool's day joke, maybe?

If so, weird sense of humour . . .

Edit: from http://forum.digital-digest.com/showpost.php?p=521197&postcount=20

"Today, 02:22 AM #20
Administrator

This is not an AFs joke. And this has nothing to do with Slysoft/AnyDVD.

I would appreciate everyone keeping discussions (about RipIt4Me, or alternatives for it) and speculations to a minimum for now, certainly do not post any links or uploads for RipIt4Me. There might be more information about it later on, but please try not to speculate any further for the time being, that's the best thing you can do for us right now.

I have considered closing this thread, but I suspect other threads will be started in it's place anyway, so I will leave it open for now.

Thanks."

Last edited:
They would not have deleted the sub-forum at DD they had for it had this been a joke. They would at least want responses so they could say April Fools. This is not happening folks. The Website is dead and I believe so is the program, Jusat my personal opinion, if this is an April Fools joke you can all laugh at me tomorrow.:D

I'm of the opinion that it is, in fact, dead. It's very unfortunate because it was an alternative and I use it when I have a very damaged [scratched] disc.

I just tend to like to hear official explanations. When something like this happens you generally see a huge reaction with conspiracy theories and other totally off-the-wall reasons as to what caused it and people misinterpreting statements and you end up with no real explanations or answers and nothing more than rumours and gossip.

In this case, I don't know if we ever really will get a full explanation.

Edit: If it's an April Fools day joke it's a very poor one.

Last edited:
They would not have deleted the sub-forum at DD they had for it had this been a joke. They would at least want responses so they could say April Fools. This is not happening folks. The Website is dead and I believe so is the program, Jusat my personal opinion, if this is an April Fools joke you can all laugh at me tomorrow.:D
The admin can just easily hide the RipIt4Me forum. I'm hoping it is a bad April Fools Joke.

The admin can just easily hide the RipIt4Me forum. I'm hoping it is a bad April Fools Joke.
Its not, and like DrinkLyeAndDie said you will probably never know what happened, you will just never hear of the program again.;)

Its not, and like DrinkLyeAndDie said you will probably never know what happened, you will just never hear of the program again.;)
How are you so sure, no certain that it is simply not an April Fools Joke? We'll have to wait and see to know for sure.

My money says it will not be heard from again.

Agreed. I bet Sony's goons got to them.

-W

from http://forum.digital-digest.com/showpost.php?p=521350&postcount=39

DigitalDigestadministration said:
Hate to quote my own post but ...

I guess the timing of everything was unfortunately due to April Fools, but this is not a joke (although I wish it was ). Don't know how Slysoft got dragged into this, this has nothing to do with them or with selling RipIt4Me or anything like that.

The situation is quite serious and more information might become available on Monday. Speculations might make the situation much worse than it already is - I would love to tell you more, but I just can't at the moment.

and from http://forum.digital-digest.com/showpost.php?p=521363&postcount=41

Digitaldigestadministration said:
The Decrypting/Ripping forum is back online ... for now. It was temporarily removed to prevent too many RipIt4Me discussions from popping up in there ... in hindsight, that might have caused more confusion, so sorry about that.

I did some really rudimentary investigative work(LOL) and found that the website is indeed in serious trouble. All client permissions have been removed by goDaddy which is usually a VERY bad sign. I don't believe this is an April fool's joke. Speculation is that they got in trouble for hosting DVDD on the site, but, again, speculation doesn't tell us what really happened. In any case, this is a sad day for the community. Even though I'm sure all of us here are AnyDVD users, having a freeware tool like RipIt4Me in the toolset is never a bad thing.

All client permissions have been removed by goDaddy which is usually a VERY bad sign.

I no longer believe it's an April Fool's joke either. This has all the earmarks of a legal issue, but I would prefer not to speculate too much.

I no longer believe it's an April Fool's joke either. This has all the earmarks of a legal issue, but I would prefer not to speculate too much.

Yea, it does, which really sucks. Fortunately the latest(last?!) version seems pretty stable and it could continue to be used even if the FixVTS code built in becomes outdated. Users could just turn off the cleaning functions and run an updated FixVTS manually, for instance. So, it's not a TOTAL loss, but, it's certainly reminiscent of the days when DVDD was taken down.

The download is still being hosted on a lot of sites, for now.

The download is still being hosted on a lot of sites, for now.

Make sure you're getting the VERY latest that was released on March 22. A lot of the sites I saw that are hosting it SAY they're hosting the latest (1.7.1.0) but aren't...they're hosting 1.7.0.0 which has some bugs. Took me a while to find a mirror that had the latest version.

Make sure you're getting the VERY latest that was released on March 22. A lot of the sites I saw that are hosting it SAY they're hosting the latest (1.7.1.0) but aren't...they're hosting 1.7.0.0 which has some bugs. Took me a while to find a mirror that had the latest version.

Hope you're not allowing that program to connect to the internet.

Hope you're not allowing that program to connect to the internet.

Of course not. I turned that off first thing. :) I also tell it not to check the DVD Decrypter version as there appears to be a bug where it says I don't have the latest version. Oops. :) Nonetheless, this version seems to work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back