• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

battle of the bulge

balboa2151

hi i am having trouble coping battle of the bulge. anydvd is having trouble reading the movie . i keep on getting an error message "failed to read dvd" and then it gives several reasons why. i do have the latest version of anydvd and my software for dvd player is up tp date. i tried several ways to copy,dragging to desktop,right clicking on anydvd,nothing will work. also movie is clean and hardly has any scratches on it. any ideas? thanks rich

thanks for responding to my question .the error message said failed to read dvd and it gives the reasons, 1 dvd media is dirty,you can try and clean it
2 dvd media is damaged ,you can try to replace it
3 your drive is a region locked rcp2 drive,which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region
4 your drive is an rpc2 that has not been assigned to a region
my drive is a region 1 and so is movie. when i put movie in my dvd drive it reads it and asks what option would i like to use to play it. so movie does work(play) also after that happens i can close error message and use clone dvd with anydvd but when clone scans it gets stuck at 50%. also every so often i do have problems with other movies. hope this helps rich

Last edited:
why does this happen? is movie corrupted?is there a code that anydvd can't break?

ummary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
HP DVD WRITER 740B HJ24 05/10/13CNLU04836B
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1980416 sectors (3868 MBytes)
Total size: 3960819 sectors (7735 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BATTLE_OF_THE_BULGE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

is this what you want or the error message? thanks rich

Take the movie back and exchange it for a better copy. The error you are getting is usually caused by scratches or it could also be a bad mastering press.

Most forums would usually ban you for copying DVD's that you do not own. I suggest from now on that you do not ever mention on any forum that you do not own the DVD when you have a problem w/ it.

*sigh* Sorry, I can't help people with rentals. Maybe someone else will help you, but I can't.
whether you agree with it or not,people will use anydvd/clonedvd (and other dvd copying software) to duplicate rented movies.
will you get in legal trouble?
no he wont-but copying rented movies is an illegal act.

that's why he said other members might be able to help you.
as long as you (and others) don't mention the movie is rented,it'll be assumed that the movie has been legally bought and that you own an original dvd.
either way though-bought or rented-any copying advice given remains the same.

no he wont-but copying rented movies is an illegal act.

Actually, I won't help people doing this for two reasons:

1) I feel uncomfortable with the practice; I am not trying to be a moral preacher. I simply won't do that kind of stuff myself. I do believe in paying for stuff that I like. That's just me; and I'm not here to judge others.

2) It is in fact illegal for me to help people to do something illegal where I am. Therefore, I will not knowingly help those that openly admit they are copying rentals. And this is the real reason why . . .

That is all; if you wish to argue with me, that's your prerogative, but I will not be responding further on this topic.

just want to thank everyone for their help. also i just wanted everyone to know that I do not copy for profit,if it makes a difference to you. i love to watch movies and even though it is wrong ,i could not afford to purchase every movie that i like. take care rich

Back