• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lite-On LH-20A1H - LL06 Firmware - AnyDVD 6.1.3.0

Skywalker

slysoft.JPG

I am receiving many errors with AnyDVD running. Above is one error with DVD Shrink. However I receive other errors in other programs just as Nero Recode.

I have set the region to region 1 and have reflashed the firmware with no luck.

Any assistance would be great!

Same Problem...

I have the same setup (except I am running LL07 FW) and have the same issues. Anyone have any thoughts? I am going to try a different decrypter to see if it helps.

This is a likely a firmware compatibility issue between this drive and Anydvd. And other people are also having problems with this drive and Anydvd.

I agree...(probably a compatibility problem)

I have downloaded DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0 and it works fine with the drive. Hopefully AnyDVD will be updated soon...:doh:

I have downloaded DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0 and it works fine with the drive. Hopefully AnyDVD will be updated soon...:doh:

AnyDVD seems to be the only software that is having issues with the Lite-On drives. Not everyone has the problems. :confused:

AnyDVD seems to be the only software that is having issues with the Lite-On drives. Not everyone has the problems. :confused:

I had a couple of LG drives that didnt want to read a disc but they are working now, whats odd is that Kipper and another guy who had problems with the same Lite On drives I have and I have had no problems with them except that I dont use Dvd Shrink.

Try CloneDVD instead of Shrink or Recode. I haven't had any problems with my Lite-On drives using AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

I also have this drive. I have upgraded the firmware to LL07, but I still get the same error messages. Any chance that ANYDVD will have this 'fix' built into the next upgrade? hint. hint.:bowdown:

I also have this drive. I have upgraded the firmware to LL07, but I still get the same error messages. Any chance that ANYDVD will have this 'fix' built into the next upgrade? hint. hint.:bowdown:

I seriously doubt that AnyDVD is concerned about compatibility problems with the Lite-On. Hopefully there will be a firmware update to fix the problem.

Won't SlySoft at least test the drive?

Try CloneDVD instead of Shrink or Recode. I haven't had any problems with my Lite-On drives using AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

I had the same errors with CloneDVD and AnyDVD; a few seconds passes and then the errors that were posted at the beginning of this thread appear. I am using LL07. I switched to DVD Decrypter and it works fine with the drive and DVD Shrink. I tend to think it is a compatibility issue between the drive and AnyDVD and not the firmware (since both LL06 and LL07 work with DVD Decrypter).

AnyDVD should look into a solution (all that I see in the forums is mud slinging between Lite-On and SlySoft) with no answer in sight.

I tend to think it is a compatibility issue between the drive and AnyDVD and not the firmware (since both LL06 and LL07 work with DVD Decrypter).

Firmwares LL06 and LL07 working with decrypter has no bearing on Anydvd whatsoever. Anydvd communicates with burners' firmware in general, so if there is a compatibility issue with the firmware and Anydvd, consequently there is a compatibility issue between the drive and Anydvd. As for why Slysoft hasn't tested the drive (or maybe someone has), why not ask Slysoft?
http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

Last edited:
I tend to think it is a compatibility issue between the drive and AnyDVD and not the firmware (since both LL06 and LL07 work with DVD Decrypter).

The problem IS a compatibility issue between AnyDVD and Lite-On.....that was determined quite some time ago. No other drives seem to be having any issues with AnyDVD and you have said yourself that you used other software successfully with your Lite-On.
There is a chance that the problem could lie within PC setup and/or configuration but that is, in my opinion, a pretty big stretch. The only solution that I can foresee is a firmware update from Lite-On.
I, for one, do not consider it "mud-slinging" to suggest that AnyDVD will not put forth any effort to resolve the problem. They are in the software business and not hardware so I don't see them putting forth the time and effort to resolve a compatibility issue with their product for the sake of one products shortcomings. I have used Lite-On DVDRW's for several years and have never had any problems with them. I still feel they make a great product (including those they manufacture for so many other companies) but I do think the ball is in their court on this issue.

The problem IS a compatibility issue between AnyDVD and Lite-On.....that was determined quite some time ago. No other drives seem to be having any issues with AnyDVD

The only solution that I can foresee is a firmware update from Lite-On.

They are in the software business and not hardware so I don't see them putting forth the time and effort to resolve a compatibility issue with their product for the sake of one products shortcomings.

but I do think the ball is in their court on this issue.

in my opinion I think that slysoft should figure a way to comunicate with this drives firmware, luckally I have a benQ that gives me no problems,..however I would prefer to use my 20x litey, it rips movies faster than my benQ.

at cd-freaks I have noticed that it is not only the new lities but 2 or 3 other high speed burners (18x to 20x burners) having this problem with anyDVD,

if slysoft doesn't address this problem then they should add a statement in AnyDVD's features that BTW this software may not work on some of the new high speed burners unless you also buy CloneDVD2.

That said,..I have purchased all the slysoft stuff except for the mobile.
I just wish I could use my new litey with Anydvd and recode2:mad:

Last edited:
at cd-freaks I have noticed that it is not only the new lities but 2 or 3 other high speed burners (18x to 20x burners) having this problem with anyDVD,

For example? Links?

if slysoft doesn't address this problem then they should add a statement in AnyDVD's features that BTW this software may not work on some of the new high speed burners unless you also buy CloneDVD2

Clonedvd2 requires Anydvd to decrypt. What you're writing here doesn't make a lot of sense. If Anydvd won't work, then Clonedvd2 won't either (Anydvd is needed to to handle protected discs) unless the source material has already been decrypted.

Last edited:
For example? Links?

Clonedvd2 requires Anydvd to decrypt. What you're writing here doesn't make a lot of sense. If Anydvd won't work, then Clonedvd2 won't be able to handle protected discs.
the litey works with AnyDVD and Clone,...but there are times I like to use other compression programs,..recode for one because it gives me better quality than clone

Last edited:
Most movies will work with Anydvd and Recode 2.5.2.0

You're likely referring to the Sony bad sector protection nonsense, which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Please read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully.
All I know is that if I run Anydvd using my Lite-on 20x then recode2 ver.2.5.2.0 (nero7) I get a failed to read error, if I use my other drives it goes through with no errors.

this movie doesn't have the new protections on it.
Shrink will work on it,.."but not if anydvd is running",..so anydvd is causing some kind of conflict with this drives firmware or visa versa.
i.e.
I can copy this movie using shrink without Anydvd in the background.

If I enable anydvd then try shrink it gives me the error "read failed because the sector is encrypted".
I don't know why.

Last edited:
Shrink will work on it,.."but not if anydvd is running",..so anydvd is causing some kind of conflict with this drives firmware or visa versa.

Ok, if it's a conflict with Anydvd and your Lite-on drive, then Clonedvd shouldn't help that issue at all.
Sounds to me as though the Lite-on burner in this case doesn't handle bad discs (slight scratched, or possibly damaged) as
well as your other drives.

All I know is that if I run Anydvd using my Lite-on 20x then recode2 ver.2.5.2.0 (nero7) I get a failed to read error, if I use my other drives it goes through with no errors.

And what happens if you use your lite-on and Clonedvd2 on that same disc?

Last edited:
Ok, so it's a conflict with Anydvd and your Lite-on drive. Clonedvd won't help that issue at all.

Ok, enough said. It's just that some people may have just the one new lite-on drive go and buy anydvd and find out it won't work.
P.S.
I love my slysoft programs.:clap: :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back