• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Mobile + Family Guy Season 2

Matt

Hello chaps!

CloneDVD Mobile version: 1.1.4.0
AnyDVD Version: 6.1.1.3
Source DVD: Family Guy, Season 2, Disc 1
Player: Creative ZEN Vision:W [firmware 1.10.01e]

Disc information from AnyDVD:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.3)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1855648 sectors (3624 MBytes)
Total size: 3711287 sectors (7248 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FAMILY_GUY_DISC1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Problem:
I'm using CloneDVD Mobile to rip Family Guy Season 2, using the ZEN Vision:W profile. (see screenshot for settings). If I use the 364x272 profile, the video crashes my ZEN Vision:W the moment it starts trying to play it, there's a loud buzzing noise from the speaker/headphones and then the only thing left that works is to yank the battery out.

I've tried encoding the video with and without the deinterlacing option, the same thing happens both times, i.e. the player crashes.

The video plays fine in WMP, however, if you view the thumbnail for the image in "My Computer" you'll see it has a rather odd first frame (see 2nd screenshot).

Finally, you'll see that in the top, AnyDVD ID's the disc as being in NTSC, however, If i open one of the VOBs in DGindex, it states that the video is PAL (see 3rd screenshot).

Last but not least, I've analyzed the avi file with gspot to see what it says (4th screenshot).

Ok that's all the investigation I can think of doing, can anyone provide some help? Just to restate so this is clear, this only happens with the 364x272 resolution selected, if I pick any of the others, it's fine.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 10
  • corrupt.jpg
    corrupt.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 8
  • dgindex.jpg
    dgindex.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 8
  • gspot-analysis.jpg
    gspot-analysis.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 9
If you have CloneDVD 2 back up to your hard drive then have Clonemobile convert it to your player and see if that works. Good luck.

If you have CloneDVD 2 back up to your hard drive then have Clonemobile convert it to your player and see if that works. Good luck.
Tried that, same resultant files.

Support Ticket

Have you opened up a Support Ticket? I know it can be a pain (Trust me I know) but at least Slysoft will know there is a problem with that movie and try to create a work around or even a patch for it.

Have you opened up a Support Ticket? I know it can be a pain (Trust me I know) but at least Slysoft will know there is a problem with that movie and try to create a work around or even a patch for it.
Looks like I'll have to. It's a real shame. I don't mind converting it to 320x240 for the time being, but it'd be nice to have the video created at the correct resolution for the screen.

Back