• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use 6.5.9.4 beta] Having Trouble with Tranformers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm having the same problem Trying to Rip Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen running Any DVD 6.5.8.7 it's not showing the video file like it's not there i upgraded to HD 6.5.9.3 beta and it wont even read the disk i had anydvd running in the back ground and tried to play the movie on my pc and it want even play it until i shut anydvd down then it let me play the movie useing power dvd

i'm having the same problem Trying to Rip Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen running Any DVD 6.5.8.7 it's not showing the video file like it's not there i upgraded to HD 6.5.9.3 beta and it wont even read the disk i had anydvd running in the back ground and tried to play the movie on my pc and it want even play it until i shut anydvd down then it let me play the movie useing power dvd

You may have a defective disc. Simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine. The vast majority in this thread have no problem getting Anydvd to recognize the disc. There's no point in troubleshooting your issue now since Anydvd doesn't handle this properly anyway yet. In the meantime, I would exchange your disc and wait for an Anydvd update.

@WEBSLINGER forum member colm has a point. He spoke the words right out of my mouth. WEBSLINGER it is true. Transformer2 ROTF will not play in my external DVD drive like it plays in a stand alone component DVD player. Instead of beginning to try and attempt my 3rd back up of this title on to a 8.5 dual layer DVD. I instead I selected play the the original disc title using InterVideo WINDVD and what do you know, the original disc plays out of sequence just like the back up disc. I won't go as far as saying it is the fault AnyDVD as I have tried my entire arsenal of decrypting software and absolutley nothing works.:disagree: I will estimate there is something on this disc that detects the type of DVD drive the disc is being placed in i.e. a standalone component DVD player or a computer driven DVD optical drive.

I offer my points as feedback not as criticism to anyone's opinion. I mentioned a short while ago this evening that I would try a 1 for 1 CloneCD back up. This often works as a quick fix on disc with tough encryption in my experience, but the end result is an exact clone of the disc with encryption in tow. NERO also has this option I have used and it too and it does the same thing. Which with both programs the software does not try to decrypt the title. Instead it's only requires that you used media that matches the exact size of the source disc. The software simply clones the original disc and all of it characteristics to your back up disc. Please everyone continue to chime in, this titles encryption is interesting.:agree:

****UPDATE*****

I disabled AnyDVD/HD and TRANSFORMERS2 ROTF plays fine, using InterVideo WINDVD.

Last edited:
@WEBSLINGER forum member colm has a point. He spoke the words right out of my mouth.

Let's see:

colm said:
i upgraded to [Anydvd] HD 6.5.9.3 beta and it wont even read the disk

You say the following . . .

LEGIN27 said:
WEBSLINGER it is true. Transformer2 ROTF will not play in my external DVD drive like it plays in a stand alone component DVD player

Does your standalone dvd player also have Anydvd running in the background? No? Well, then why does does the different result between you playing on a standalone and when you play the disc on your computer surprise you?
That doesn't surprise me at all (and is expected) because the problem is that Anydvd HD 6.5.9.3 doesn't handle this disc properly, and Anydvd messes up play order with the original disc if Anydvd is running in the background while the original disc is being played.

There's a slight difference you may wish to pay attention to: colm's drive can't even read the disc at all when Anydvd is running in the background. Nada. Can do nothing . . .

Yours can. When you use Anydvd, Anydvd "sees" the disc. You can play the disc with Anydvd running in the background. The playback order is messed up, but you can play the disc. That's normal and expected with 6.5.9.3. What's happening with colm is not normal. Again, colm's system can't recognize the disc when Anydvd is running in the background. That's not normal. Conversely, your system (and most other people's) can recgonize the disc when Anydvd is running in the background. That is normal. Can you now distinguish between what you're typing and what colm wrote? I should hope so.

What colm wrote has absolutely nothing to do with what you're writing.

I instead I selected play the the original disc title using InterVideo WINDVD and what do you know, the original disc plays out of sequence just like the back up disc.

Of course. The original disc won't play properly with Anydvd running in the background.

I won't go as far as saying it is the fault AnyDVD

We (Slysoft, me, lots of other people) already know the problem is Anydvd. I repeat, the problem is Anydvd.

I will estimate there is something on this disc that detects the type of DVD drive

No. You're mistaken.

I mentioned a short while ago this evening that I would try a 1 for 1 CloneCD back up.

And I already explained to you that's pointless. Anydvd is required to decrypt dvds when using Clonecd. Anydvd needs to be running in the background. Anydvd causes a playback issue with respect to the film playing out of order. James has clearly indicated the problem will be addressed in an Anydvd update. What don't you understand?

Please everyone continue to chime in, this titles encryption is interesting.

No. Wait for an Anydvd beta update, unless you enjoy typing for no reason, please.

I disabled AnyDVD/HD and TRANSFORMERS2 ROTF plays fine, using InterVideo WINDVD.

Yes, we know. Other people have already stated as much.

And this brings me back my original response to you in this thread:

Webslinger said:
Playback will still be messed up. If playback is messed up with Anydvd running in the background, a Clonecd backup will be messed up as well.

In other words, if the original disc doesn't play properly on your computer with Anydvd running in the background, then the backup created with Clonecd won't play properly either. The Clonecd backup will be faulty and play just like the original disc did when you had Anydvd running in the background on your computer.

Last edited:
i managed to rip Transformers 2 to my hard drive and then tried to burn it to disc. It burned but it was skipping major parts of the movie and the next chapter button moved it all the way to the credits.

i managed to rip Transformers 2 to my hard drive and then tried to burn it to disc. It burned but it was skipping major parts of the movie and the next chapter button moved it all the way to the credits.

Yeah, just wait for the next Anydvd beta update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I feel like Dirty Harry and Indiana Jones both let the bad guys get me. For the first time, in a LONG time, I have a new DVD that I cannot successfully rip.

I can haz anydvd new beta SOON?:agree:

By the posts I have read so far with this new movie, it seems there has been and upgraded version of the protection software which is causing these odd issues to occur. Im anxiously awaiting the release here in Australia, to see if it has the same protection as the US version. Once I get my mits on it, ill upload the log file for a comparison. Im sure James is drinking gallons of coffee and doing fingernumbing coding to bypass this as we speak. It must be driving him mad im sure.

As they say "all good things come to those who wait" :)

transformers 2 can it be broken?

just wondering if the new copy protection on the transformers can be broken?

Transformers2

AnyDVD 6.5.9.4 does get through Transformers 2, but the Main Movie files are split so the burn copy has the files switched all around through the movie. How can this be taken care of?

thanks guys

appreciate the help , now can u guys find my missing socks? lol thanks again

If everyone would do the following that would be great:

1. Use Anydvd 6.5.9.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6594.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Insert the disc, and allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before opening any other programs.

4. Use CloneDVD 2.9.2.5 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2925.exe.
(If you don't own CloneDVD, you can try the program for free for 21 days.)

NOTE: If you are using a trial version of CloneDVD then you cannot evaluate beta releases; so you must go to the Slysoft website and download the latest official version here: http://www.slysoft.com/download.html.

5. Select "Clone dvd" from the main menu. Ensure that everything including the main menus is checked.

6. Select "dvd+/-r dl" near the quality bar.

7. On the output method page, select "dvd files". (you're going to rip to your hard drive)

8. provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

9. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

i) Ensure Anydvd is running.
ii) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
iii) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
iv) Select "Create Logfile"
v) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
vi) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
vii) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
viii) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
ix) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
x) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
xi) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
xii) click "upload"
xii) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

10. Run a dvd software playback program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file you ripped in step 7 to your harddrive as the source file for playback. Do not select individual .vob files. Any problems with playback?

Thank you

Last edited:
AnyDVD 6.5.9.4 does get through Transformers 2, but the Main Movie files are split so the burn copy has the files switched all around through the movie. How can this be taken care of?

What Trasnformers 2 disc are you talking about? Blu-ray? DVD? What files are "split"? Please elaborate.

The Anydvd HD forum is for Blu-rays. The Anydvd forum is for dvds.

1. Use Anydvd 6.5.9.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6594.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Insert the disc, and allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before opening any other programs.

4. Use CloneDVD 2.9.2.5 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2925.exe.
(If you don't own CloneDVD, you can try the program for free for 21 days.)

NOTE: If you are using a trial version of CloneDVD then you cannot evaluate beta releases; so you must go to the Slysoft website and download the latest official version here: http://www.slysoft.com/download.html.

5. Select "Clone dvd" from the main menu. Ensure that everything including the main menus is checked.

6. Select "dvd+/-r dl" near the quality bar.

7. On the output method page, select "dvd files". (you're going to rip to your hard drive)

8. provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

9. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

i) Ensure Anydvd is running.
ii) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
iii) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
iv) Select "Create Logfile"
v) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
vi) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
vii) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
viii) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
ix) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
x) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
xi) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
xii) click "upload"
xii) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

10. Run a dvd software playback program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file you ripped in step 7 to your harddrive as the source file for playback. Do not select individual .vob files. Any problems with playback?

Thank you

Last edited:
The Anydvd HD forum is for Blu-rays. The Anydvd forum is for dvds.

I believe "billyjoes7" was talking about the Blu-ray, he may have wanted to play back .m2ts files directly...

But that's just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back