• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New version notification suggestion

BobGeldork

The new bubble pop-up is great but if you are not present when it momentarily appeared then there's no easy way to tell that an update is pending. I suggest that, as well as displaying the pop-up, when an update is available, a small overlay is displayed on the AnyDVD tray icon and remains there until the installed AnyDVD version matches that of the most recent available version. The overlay could be a small yellow exclamation mark.

i find the pop up window works just fine.it isn't like you can miss it when it appears right in the middle of the screen telling you there is a newer version of anydvd available-you dont need it to tell you twice by also have a balloon notifcation aswell.

The new bubble pop-up is great but if you are not present when it momentarily appeared then there's no easy way to tell that an update is pending. I suggest that, as well as displaying the pop-up, when an update is available, a small overlay is displayed on the AnyDVD tray icon and remains there until the installed AnyDVD version matches that of the most recent available version. The overlay could be a small yellow exclamation mark.
If you are not at your computer (no mouse movements, no keyboard input, ...) the balloon will (should?) be visibile indefinitely.

That's all good if I was the first person that did either of those things, but, as it happens the computer is shared and some of the people I share it with either care less to tell me that they have seen a popup (i.e., the balloon popup) or simply forget. And, even when **I** see the popup from time-to-time, I am sometimes too busy at that stage to do anything about it and then may forget about it as there's no permanent reminder (like the old-style dialog popup used to be).

In fact, I would even go as far as suggesting adding an option for disabling the balloon popup altogether and simply relying on the suggested icon overlay as an option.

...even when **I** see the popup from time-to-time, I am sometimes too busy at that stage to do anything about it
then what i would do in that situation is when you have a dvd you're gonna decide to back-up,pay a quick visit to the download page of slysoft and check for an updated version.that should take you about 30 seconds or less to check.
in fact,a thought has just occured to me for the slyfox staff-how about adding a 'check for updates' option when right clicking on the fox icon in the notification area something like this... :agree:

checkforupdates_2.jpg

Last edited:
You can open the Slysoft Home Page at anytime and check for a newer version. :confused:

I do get notification by email and pop-ups, too.

I am extremely grateful were I the only one to receive this privelege.

You can open the Slysoft Home Page at anytime and check for a newer version. :confused:
i realise that as i mentioned that earlier myself in my last post.the reason i suggested it was that clonecd has this function;)

Back