• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XBox 360DVD/HD Drive and Windows Vista

tdehaas

Can someone please help resolve an issue I have ripping DVD/HD's to disk using an XBOX 360 DVD/HD drive and Windows Vista Ultimate. The ripping process starts fine and then around 40% or so the process stops and gives me an error saying 'Can't read from drive' and gives 4 possible reasons why:
1. Dirty Disc
2. Damaged Disc
3. Wrong Region
4. No Region

The region on my drive is region 1, as are the discs I'm trying to rip. I've tried to rip King Kong, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, and Miami Vice to no avail. I've even tried using a completely seperate PC (with Windows XP Pro installed) and a friends XBOX 360 DVD/HD drive and I get the exact same error.

Thank You for your comments and/or support,
Thomas

Can someone please help resolve an issue I have ripping DVD/HD's to disk using an XBOX 360 DVD/HD drive and Windows Vista Ultimate. The ripping process starts fine and then around 40% or so the process stops and gives me an error saying 'Can't read from drive' and gives 4 possible reasons why:
1. Dirty Disc
2. Damaged Disc
3. Wrong Region
4. No Region

The region on my drive is region 1, as are the discs I'm trying to rip. I've tried to rip King Kong, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, and Miami Vice to no avail. I've even tried using a completely seperate PC (with Windows XP Pro installed) and a friends XBOX 360 DVD/HD drive and I get the exact same error.

Thank You for your comments and/or support,
Thomas

I haven't heard of this problem with HD DVD before. It sounds like the Blu-ray dual-layer problem I had with AnyDVD and versions prior to 6.1.3.2. Hopefully it's not being caused by a bad 360 drive.

Please post your system info. Mine is as follows.

Windows Vista 32 w/all subsequent updates.
AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.3
PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (build 2605)
ATI Catalyst 7-2_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_42852

Intel D975XBX motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2 GB Corsair XMS2 (PC2 6400) memory
ATI X1950XTX 512MB video card
Western Digital Raptor X 150GB hard drive (SATA)
Western Digital 500 GB hard drive (SATA) x 2
Lite-On LH-2B1S Blu-ray Disc Triple Writer (SATA)
XBox 360 HD DVD drive (usb)

System Specs

Manufacturer:SystemMax
Model: SYX-D975XBX2

Software:
Windows Vista 32 w/all subsequent updates.
AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.3

Hardware:
Intel BX97520 motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 processor
4 GB memory
NVidia GeForce 7950 GE 512MB
1TB hard drive (SATA)
XBox 360 HD DVD drive (usb)

I see that there isn't an option for removing region codes for HD DVD under AnyDVD. Are you using region 1 HD DVDs? If not you may need to change the region code of your XBox 360 drive.

Otherwise, are other usb devices working properly? Have you checked Computer->Properties->Device Manager to verify that the usb drivers are installed correctly?

I see that there isn't an option for removing region codes for HD DVD under AnyDVD. Are you using region 1 HD DVDs? If not you may need to change the region code of your XBox 360 drive.

Otherwise, are other usb devices working properly? Have you checked Computer->Properties->Device Manager to verify that the usb drivers are installed correctly?

HD-DVD has no mechanism for region coding, HD-DVDs are all region free by design, so it's nothing there to remove.

A HD-DVD drive's region code setting is only used for plain old DVDs. So that can't be a problem here.

HD-DVD has no mechanism for region coding, HD-DVDs are all region free by design, so it's nothing there to remove.

A HD-DVD drive's region code setting is only used for plain old DVDs. So that can't be a problem here.

Thank's for the info.

All my USB devices work fine and I can view the contents of DVDHD discs in explorer so I know the XBOX 360 DVDHD drive works. In fact, the ripping process will begin but generally hangs on the first .evo file it attempts to copy or it will give me the error previously stated. If I browse to where I wanted the disc ripped to on my hard-drive all files up to the point of error appear to have been copied successfully.

We need someone else, who's using Vista Ultimate, to comment because everything works fine with Vista Premium and similar hardware.

I have some more questions. Can you play the discs all the way through using PowerDVD Ultra? Do you have hard drive encryption enabled under Vista Premium? Do you have another hard drive availble that you can install and try to rip to (without encryption enabled of course)?

Looks like your computer is custom built. If nothing else works you may need to start over and reinstall Vista then install all of the latest Intel drivers.

Last edited:
Back