• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying an ISO file to a DVD+R

Solostian

I have an ISO file from a double layer DVD. I've been unable to use CloneDVD to copy it to a DVD+R (SL). Is there a workaround?

Regards,
Solostian

P.S.
Am I right in assuming that CloneDVD handles its own disc burning?

I have an ISO file from a double layer DVD. I've been unable to use CloneDVD to copy it to a DVD+R (SL). Is there a workaround?

Regards,
Solostian

P.S.
Am I right in assuming that CloneDVD handles its own disc burning?

Yes, CloneDVD has its own burning engine, and ConeDVD will write iso files with the "write existing data" button......however, if the iso is to large to fit on a DVD5, it will need to be compressed before you can burn the iso to SL. (write existing data means exactly that....existing just as it is)
If the iso is a DVD9 image it will need to be compressed before you can write it to DVD5. (SL)
If this is the case, you need to mount the DVD9 iso file with a virtual drive, and process with CloneDVD, just like you would if you put a standard DL DVD in your pc dvd drive, to back it up.

Thanks.

One last question.
If you choose a CD-R as the output media, does CloneDVD create a VCD/SVCD?

Regards,
Solostian

Thanks.

One last question.
If you choose a CD-R as the output media, does CloneDVD create a VCD/SVCD?

Regards,
Solostian
Excellent question, and I must confess I don't know if these files would be considered VCD or not. All of my experience with CloneDVD has been with DVD media.
With my curiosity aroused, I did some searching and found this thread at CDF, where Olli, the creator of CloneDVD refers to CDs burnt with CloneDVD, as Mini-DVDs.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=95615&highlight=cd-r
Whether these Mini-DVDs are actually SVCD is unclear, but I am guessing not, or he most likely would have referred to them as such.
Hopefully a forum member from the early days of CloneDVD will step in with an explanation.

I should have searched a bit previously.:doh:
I stumbled onto this definition of mini-dvd at doom9, while looking for something else.
Anyway, better late than never for those who didn't know. (LIKE ME!)

miniDVD

miniDVD is basically a DVD on a CD. A miniDVD can contain bitrates up to 10mbit/s (audio and video combined). Video is MPEG2 of course.. preferably VBR and audio can be MPEG1 audio layer 2, raw uncompressed PCM or AC3. Video quality can be up to an actual DVD level if you accept the limited playtime of a CD. You can create DVD-like menus as well. The drawback is miniDVDs will only play on PCs and on a very limited number of standalone players.

Back