• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

6.1.3.3 - freeze up/hang with sata drives

machoman013

Hi guys, having a major problem. Already contacted support, and yes I've already done everything on the stickies including the busmaster updates. I even tried changing out complete controllers, I feel AnyDVD has a major problem with the following drives:

LITE-ON DVDRW SH-16A7S WS04 2006/10/03 16:22
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L02 2007/01/10 17:20

Never had a problem with anyDVD until I moved to SATA drives. CloneCD and CloneDVD 2 don't crash on me. I've tried multiple movie discs that I've successfully ripped before. The oddest thing about anyDVD is when I try to close the application after it freezing up trying to scan the disc, it won't terminate. Then it'll slowly eat away resources and start crashing all my other programs requiring a forceful shutdown. I've attached my log. Everything in my eventlogs state a 1001 faultbucket application hang. Nothing specific. I'm running XP+SP2. Nothing special, and no conflicting applications. Note I had to trim the log down to upload it quite a bit. I'm lost now.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 7
What happens if you enable "safe mode" in Anydvd (Program settings-->safe mode)?

Safe mode is enabled; same effect I'm afraid.

Have you checked for an updated Sata controller driver from your motherboard's website (it's possible you might want to check for a bios update for your motherboard as well)? I do know that Anydvd does have issues with a certain Lite-on drive. I'm trying to find the thread . .

Here it is: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208522

But I don't think that's a SATA burner.

checked and tried with motherboard and nvidia chipset driver updates (a8n-e) doesn't matter; firmware is fully updated. I even bought a separate controller card and shoved that on there for a PCI slot and it's still producing the same effect.

p.s. also saw several lite-on related threads; nothing really helpful.

checked and tried with motherboard and nvidia chipset driver updates (a8n-e) doesn't matter; firmware is fully updated. I even bought a separate controller card and shoved that on there for a PCI slot and it's still producing the same effect.

Might be a conflict with those burners then. Sorry, I'm not sure.

I doubt this will help, but can you list your filter info from step 4 here please:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

:( oh well.. only a 40 dollar investment lost. i'm hoping the next update will help me out here.

lesson to some of you out there; if you don't need it... don't go screwing with what works... administrator/technician #1 n00b mistake.

Lowerfilters AnyDVD, ElbyDelay, ElbyCDFL, PxHelp20

Upperfilters GEARAspiWDM

Lowerfilters AnyDVD, ElbyDelay, ElbyCDFL, PxHelp20

Upperfilters GEARAspiWDM

Looks fine to me. I suppose you could remove PXHelp20 and Gearaspiwdm and test (the associated apps that installed them probably won't work properly if you just delete those entries, but I'm sure you'e aware of that), but I really see no reason to.

I would chalk it up to a conflict between Anydvd and those drives.

Last edited:
Neither do I. I'm trying to find possible RPC1 firmware updates for either or both drives. Having a hard time. Got any other site suggestions to try?

Neither do I. I'm trying to find possible RPC1 firmware updates for either or both drives. Having a hard time. Got any other site suggestions to try?

Try doing a search at cdfreaks.com (or visit their lite-on section of the forums: http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44). A RPC1 firmware may not be available yet (you will be potentially voiding your warranty if you don't use official Lite-on firmware, of course).

Can you please try to remove the motherboard drivers and only use the drivers that come with windows?

Isn't that part of the IDE/SATA busmaster steps in the sticky? I've done that though. Windows feels it's drivers are better than ASUS/Nvidia's anyways.

machoman013 ...Do you know what Chipsets that MOBO uses??

Sorry for a previous post if anyone read A8N-E, that was my old board my new one is the Asus M2N and It uses the Nforce 430 MCP.

Isn't that part of the IDE/SATA busmaster steps in the sticky?

In device manager, under "ide ata/atapi controllers", check the entries by
by right clicking on each one and selecting "properties". The click the "driver" tab. Does the driver say "Microsoft" for each listing?

Under "SCSI and Raid Controllers", do the same thing for the one that has "Sata/raid controller" listed. What does it say under "driver"? Chances are it's not Microsoft here (but I'm curious as to what it does say).

Yes, each one says microsoft under the IDE/ATA ATAPI controllers "5.1.2600.2180"

SCSI controller: Silicon Image 1.0.56.1

It reads as a SCSI/RAID listing instead of SATA/RAID.

The controller PCI add in is a SATA/RAID card; model # Sil 3512

Back