• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD DVD Drive or not ?

markusmo

stupid question , but do i need a hd dvd drive when i use anydvd hd or does anydvd hd uses a trick so that i can play hd dvds with a normal dvd drive ?

thanx

You need a HD Drive or a cheap alternative is the Xbox 360 HD Drive with the Toshiba drivers which works via usb connected to your pc and costs only $199.

I just got mine, unfortunately I can only rip the HD DVD's to my harddrive as my pc is not up to par for playing the movies...YET ;)

According to the Digital Bits (who seem to reference the information to 1Up.com), Microsoft will be giving the 360's HD DVD-ROM drive a price reduction by $70, down to $130. Not a bad deal, if you're in the market. I'd say to hold off, though... I don't trust first-generation drives.

According to the Digital Bits (who seem to reference the information to 1Up.com), Microsoft will be giving the 360's HD DVD-ROM drive a price reduction by $70, down to $130. Not a bad deal, if you're in the market. I'd say to hold off, though... I don't trust first-generation drives.

The funning thing is,…

I have been hearing that the later models of Xbox products may actually be compromised due to cost cuts and the pressure to keep costs down in general. Some say the incidences of failed products are actually going up not down.

Anyway, the cost cuts on the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive would be a boon.

Back