• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backing up old purchased VHS Tapes

tgentr

Are there any methods for using AnyDVD or other product to backup my old VHS tapes that appear to be copy protected?

There is a piece of hardware you can attach between the vcr and the dvd burner, but I don't remember what it's called. It used to not be very cheap either.

Remember also, that if you copy a tape to a dvd, it's still going to be vhs quality. I'd check the pawn shops, and see if I could find the dvd of the movies I wanted. Pawn shops sell movies pretty cheap...........

There is a piece of hardware you can attach between the vcr and the dvd burner, but I don't remember what it's called. It used to not be very cheap either.

Remember also, that if you copy a tape to a dvd, it's still going to be vhs quality. I'd check the pawn shops, and see if I could find the dvd of the movies I wanted. Pawn shops sell movies pretty cheap...........

http://www.checkhere22.com/stabilizer/ - Costs less than $50US

Tape to DVD

The simplest answer that worked for me was using a consumer combo unit
that burns VHS directly to DVD. CineVision and GoVideo a just two no fuss units and the discounted price is that of a combo player. Pot in a tape and a black disc, hit copy and thats it. The only drawback is it does it in real time.:bowdown:

Back