• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim DVD-R Made in Taiwan

Rodster

Hi all

Recently picked up a DVD-R 10 pack - Verbatim - and on the back it says Made in Taiwan. Im sure these were made in Singpore up till recently, unless im getting this confused with DL discs. They are in slimline cases, not full jewel cases. On the bottom left hand corner of the box it says Verbatim Americas LLC 2007. At the bottom right hand corner it has "Verbatim #95099" in red and then "0710-203". Now these are copyright 2007. To my knowledge of all the Verbatim DVD-R discs I have used, none have supported up to 16x write speed ever, unless these are a new high speed version.

Hi all

Recently picked up a DVD-R 10 pack - Verbatim - and on the back it says Made in Taiwan. Im sure these were made in Singpore up till recently, unless im getting this confused with DL discs.

You are confusing this, yes.

You are confusing this, yes.

Thanks for the clarification, and to my knowledge ive never seen Verbatim DVD-R's that write up to 16x - I think ive gone DL crazy and so use to using them that I havent look at any others :)

They do exist.

Also picked up a 5 pack of Verbatim DVD-RW for the DVD Recorder and these too are Made in Taiwan, so it seems only the DL media is actually Made in Singapore. You would think they would make them all in Singpore.

so it seems only the DL media is actually Made in Singapore

As far as I'm aware, they aren't being made in Singapore anymore. So if you can find them, consider yourself lucky and buy them while you can (+R DL).

As far as I'm aware, they aren't being made in Singapore anymore. So if you can find them, consider yourself lucky and buy them while you can (+R DL).

Does this also apply to the DVD-R DL or only the DVD+R DL. From memory you recommended the +R over the -R.

Single layer Verbatim 16X media has been available for quite some time.

-R DL is a completely useless disc format, so that's not something I concern myself with

talk about resurrecting an old thread, but actually I found it doing a google search, since the Search here is a little sketchy. I do not understand why anybody would say dvd-r is useless. yea, dvd-+r is probably better, but 4.7 gigs is 4.7 gigs, and they are write one time either way. with the cheap price, and great deals on the Net for dvd-r packs, I still can't see a good reason for movie backups, being on anything but quality dvd-rs. of course, mine are all on external drives, so this is a philosophical debate issue. :cool:

-r isn't "useless", it's just not recommended. +R has multiple benefits. Booktype setting, variable layer break (for double layer media), beter data integrity. The 1st can't even be done on -r media, no booktype setting and double layer media has a fixed layer break position which can cause errors with burning.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this Singapore thing, but today I received a couple of cake-boxes of Verbatim Datalife Plus DVD+R (single layer) blanks. Is Singapore not a place for quality blanks? I'm trying single layer Verbatim Datalife Plus DVD+Rs because I get very intermittent skips occasionally from Taiyo Yuden/JVC DVD-Rs, the same place won't always skip.

I know my purchases of Verbatim Datalife Plus DVD+R DL, made in Taiwan, has been quality, no burning problems that weren't caused by User Error. (D'oh!)

Back