• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

a newbie's questions regarding DVD sizes

Danolo

Hello folks..

I used Anydvd and Nero a few weeks ago to back a copy of the DvD set of Carnivale - First season.

It all seemed to go well, and I have a good copy.

Now I'm trying to do the same with Carnival - Second season, but when Nero finishes reading the disc, it reports that the blank disc is not big enough to hold the original.

Do I just simply need to get a larger capacity blanks?

The first set copied onto 4.7 GB discs, but the second season appears to take 7+ gb.s

I did the first set a long time ago, on another computer, so I forget what all happened, but I have a faint memory that at some point I excluded some files from the burn process. Is that right?

I am currently downloading CloneDVD in hope it will do the job.

Please excuse my newbie questions.

Thanks

Danolo

Now I'm trying to do the same with Carnival - Second season, but when Nero finishes reading the disc, it reports that the blank disc is not big enough to hold the original.

Ensure you have to proper blank disc size selected in Recode. If you still get that error, there's a good chance you can simply ignore it and burn anyway. People get that same type of issue in Shrink, and they just ignore the error message:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=20152&postcount=52

Last edited:
using Clonedvd

Well, I just used CloneDVD and that did the trick.

Thanks for your help

I'm going to buy the software.

Danolo

Back