• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD Decoder

hamr

HELP I am using Windows Media Player 10 or Windows Media Center on my Dell E310. They WILL NOT play a store bought DVD. They say "no decoder installed or decoder malfunctioning". I installed ANYDVD Decoder. Still the same! I also purchased another decoder with same results before this and removed it. I have tried everything--help---The WMP does not recognize the DVD being in the drive. It just says "no decoder present". Music CD's and the like work fine.

You are probably missing some type of video codec.

By the way, Anydvd is not a decoder. It's a decrypter.

DVD Decoder

Any DVD Decoder??? Decrypter??? Wow---Got me thinking---My WMP will play video..hence a codec is present, however, maybe I do not have a correct codec for the DVD (mpeg2?) decoding. Perhaps when I deleted CinePlayer some time ago I lost it. It is not offered on the Dell restore disk.....Thanks.....Am I thinking now???? ANYDVD would only help after I solve this issue......Thanks...

I believe you are on the right track. Others may have more information about where you can download the appropriate codec
for your player.

MS Codecs for Media Player 9 or above.
Personally, I would suggest another player to view your movies. There are some very good free ones available.

DVD Decoder

Wow--I have read forums for help for hours and hours...help....I removed the ANYDVD decrypter for now and I have purchased Cineplayer DVD Decoder pack and installed. It is advertised as a very good decoder for use with my WMP 10. I have the same trouble...WMP reports "no dvd decoder installed or malfunctioning"....I am at wits end. The deccheck utility from microsoft found no decoder installed?? This all is probably from me inadvertently deleting cineplayer that dell installed on the computer new. It is not on the recovery CD and now I'm out of warranty anyway. What could be the fix to get WMP 10 to use the decoder pack for simple DVD playing....Any help would be fabulous.....

DVD Decoder

I am very willing to purchase a SLYSoft pack if I knew which would be good for me to replace the cineplayer I had. Do I need a "player / decoder" or ??
I don't have to use WMP if necessary. I just want to play a DVD on my Dell Dimension 310 with XP Media Center Edition and Philips DVD 8701 drive. Thanks....

hamr...........I posted the link to get the required codecs for WMP. If you want to use a different player, VLC is a very good free one.

Slysoft does not make a player or player codec.
Slysoft products are geared toward backing up (duplicating) a DVD - not playing it.

-W

Players

You might try Quick time a free Apple download which is an excellent player
somewhat different codexes:bowdown:

codec fiasco

OLD JOE---I tried the codecs for WMP you suggested to no avail. WMP still will not play a DVD...Everything but DVD's work ok....Thanks very much anyway...
5150---The K-LITE codec allowed me to play using their MEDIA CLASSIC player......Thanks...At least I'm watching DVD's with that.
WMP 10 is a mystery why all these codecs I tried do not help.. It seems WMP needs to learn these codecs are on the computer somehow....I give up for now....the WMP help pages are no help...I have read all those ...probably all of them!

hamr..You might try an older version of WMP
AVSDVD Player is free and workd well player.
One other thought....was "Cineplayer installed as a "trial" version? If it was not trial version, you may be able to find it on the Restore disc and reinstall it.

Last edited:
HELP I am using Windows Media Player 10 or Windows Media Center on my Dell E310. They WILL NOT play a store bought DVD. They say "no decoder installed or decoder malfunctioning". I installed ANYDVD Decoder. Still the same! I also purchased another decoder with same results before this and removed it. I have tried everything--help---The WMP does not recognize the DVD being in the drive. It just says "no decoder present". Music CD's and the like work fine.

if the problem is like nero showtime 2 and/or 3 then it probaly is that of the structure protection. example if use dvd ghost 2.2 which does not remove structure protection then it does not play but if i used dvdidle pro which does play somehow (dvdidle pro removes some type of structure protection).
dvdidle pro is not good a copying dvds. the problem hapends doom extended edtion works with other dvd players like intervideo WinDVD5\7\8, use anydvd or a good decryter then it will pay with nero showtime 2/3.

try decrpting with dvdfab decrpyer to save it dectpted and riped to hard drive and try again and then it should play from hard drive and use anydvd if the dvd disc region does not match the dvd drive region. if it decyptes with dvdfab decypter then it could not read the files becuase of protection or not dectpyed with out the protection. dvdfab dectypter can be found at xxx downloads or http://www.free-codecs.com

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't care if you link directly to dvdfab decrypter program, linking to the general site does break this rule:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by SlySoft and it is not an affiliate program link for vBulletin or any other affiliate program."

Please do not do link directly to that commercial site again.

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Last edited:
Back