• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 2.9.2.5 beta

Looks like +R here i come :). How can I tell the MKM version?

Well, MKM 001 should say "up to 6x" right on the packaging (in smaller lettering). MKM 003 will have a higher speed rating listed on the packaging. Again, if possible, you want the stuff made in Singapore (harder to find).

Supporet sppeed seems to be depend on DVD drive and its firmware's version.
It seems to be faster than media's package.

For example
About "MKM 001"(DVD+R/DL), media's package : 2.4x.
PIONEER DVR-112L 8.21 : max 8x.
PLEXTOR PX-716A 1.11 : max 6x.
About "MKM 01RD30"(DVD-R/DL), media's package : 2x.
PIONEER DVR-112L 8.21 : max 8x.
PLEXTOR PX-716A 1.11 : max 6x.
About "TYG03"(DVD-R), media's package : 16x.
PIONEER DVR-112L 8.21 : max 18x.
PLEXTOR PX-716A 1.11 : max 16x.

PlexTools Professional indicates each speed of media's and drive's.

Regards.

Dont use anydvd to rip. CLoneDVd is a better and fast ripper.

You can just use CloneDVD 2.9.2.5. It will calculate a wonderful layer break position. And it will first try to position the layer break between files.

AnyDVD has no problem.
It is wrong to rip DVD of parallel track as ISO. Other rippers will have same result.
Because DVD of parallel track permit L0<L1, though +R/DL should be L0>=L1, and LBA of ISO is same as original DVD and can't be adjusted.

CloneDVD is not ripper. It re-creates ISO from decrypted files by AnyDVD in background. It's LBA is different from original DVD. So it has no problem.

Regards.

When I say that I "rip" with AnyDVD, what I mean is that I "rip" to ISO image. The track length is of no problem since there is no layerbreak. I simply burn the ISO with Imgburn and it sets a layer break. A parallel ISO image appears as one continuous track, kind of like an opposite track ISO with the layer break removed. I burn 1:1 copies.

az_raiden

When I say that I "rip" with AnyDVD, what I mean is that I "rip" to ISO image. The track length is of no problem since there is no layerbreak. I simply burn the ISO with Imgburn and it sets a layer break. A parallel ISO image appears as one continuous track, kind of like an opposite track ISO with the layer break removed. I burn 1:1 copies.

az_raiden

I undertand what you say. AnyDVD can rip as ISO.
My post is not res to thepost #17, because CloneDVD is not ripper.

But I can't understand the ralation of this post
I simply burn the ISO with Imgburn and it sets a layer break.
and your post #16
then burn the ISO with Imgburn. Imgburn will give an error message about the image not having been mastered correctly

By the way,
"Layer break" seems to be cofused to use as two meaning. It was discussed in Doom9 Forum long before.
(1)position of changing layer_0 to layer_1.
(2)cell type of non-seamles. It has pause of replay, but it is not always and depend on DVD player.
Generally the cell after position of layer change is non-seamless cell.
When seeing Ifo file by IfoEdit, the cell is written layer-break.

"Remove layer break" of software setting means changing cell type to seamless.
CleneDVD2.9.2.5beta edit cell type corresponding to new position of layer change.

Regards.

az_raiden

The rip to ISO image of Anydvd is not for dvds, it is for HD DVd discs and blu rays. If you want to rip a DVD to ISO file then use CloneDVD

Well, MKM 001 should say "up to 6x" right on the packaging (in smaller lettering). MKM 003 will have a higher speed rating listed on the packaging. Again, if possible, you want the stuff made in Singapore (harder to find).
MKM001 is rated for 8x on my Pioneer DVR-112L F/W 1.22 drive, MKM003 at 10x. Some drives can write at higher than the rated speed on the box for qualified media. This info is available by using mediacodespeededit on the drive firmware or visiting the manufacturer website (or other sites that publish this kind of info). I never have problems writing at the maximum speed, but I only use Made in Singapore media (bought lots at FutureShop in Canada on a supersaver deal - CDN$20 for 20-pack) ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• mkm001_003.jpg
    mkm001_003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 138
MKM001 is rated for 8x on my Pioneer DVR-112L F/W 1.22 drive, MKM003 at 10x. Some drives can write at higher than the rated speed on the box for qualified media. This info is available by using mediacodespeededit on the drive firmware

Yes, but that's a bit tricky to load in front of the cash register.

or visiting the manufacturer website (or other sites that publish this kind of info)

It's pretty easy to tell just looking at the label.

I never have problems writing at the maximum speed

Both the Pioneer dvr-215 and dvr-216 produce worse jitter rates at maximum. Most drives produce inferior burn quality at "max". Consequently, as the organic dye in these discs slowly degrade over time, discs burned at "maximum" will fail to playback faster.

but I only use Made in Singapore

Same

Last edited:
Yes, but that's a bit tricky to load in front of the cash register.
LOL - check your firmware rated speeds for different media before you go shopping ;)
It's pretty easy to tell just looking at the label.
Not really, as MKM001 and MKM003 are not on the label, and anyway 2.4x is prominently displayed whereas "up to 6x* *with compatible drives" is in very small print (and is not the maximum anyway).
Both the Pioneer dvr-215 and dvr-216 produce worse jitter rates at maximum. Most drives produce inferior burn quality at "max". Consequently, as the organic dye in these discs slowly degrade over time, discs burned at "maximum" will fail to playback faster.
My Pioneer DVR-112L has no problems producing max burned media - I gave up checking jitter rate because it was not an indicator of watchability. Max setting allows the drive firmware to control the burn rather than imposing a possibly sub-optimal speed.

Organic dye degrades over a 100 year period anyway - my grandchildren can worry about that. These are movies, after all, not important historical archives ;)

Made in Singapore is getting harder to find, unfortunately, and I'm down to my last 50 blanks....

LOL - check your firmware rated speeds for different media before you go shopping

My point is you don't need to.

Not really, as MKM001 and MKM003 are not on the label

As I stated before, MKM 001 should say "up to 6x" right on the packaging (in smaller lettering). MKM 003 will have a higher speed rating listed on the packaging. Very easy to tell

I'm sure that you, for example, don't have problems distinguishing between MKM 001 and MKM 003 at the cash register.

and anyway 2.4x is prominently displayed

That should immediately tip you off that it's MKM 001.

My Pioneer DVR-112L has no problems producing max burned media - I gave up checking jitter rate because it was not an indicator of watchability.

It can be, depending on the standalone player being used, but that's not really my point.

Organic dye degrades over a 100 year period anyway

I'm not optimistic about most burned dvds lasting much longer than 15 years on average. And a couple of independent aging have shown burned disc to fail much more quickly (not these MKM 001s, however; they were not tested, to my knowledge). My point is, though, that the better the burn quality is initially, the
longer the disc will be playable.

Made in Singapore is getting harder to find

I've read that CMC is starting to produce some some of these (in addition to the Moser Baer ones already produced). I haven't seen any CMC ones yet.

Last edited:
CloneDVD 2.9.2.5 beta Repeats / Loops

Is anyone having problem with "Movie Only" repeating after the movie is finished? The movie keeps looping which is something that did not happen before. Maybe it a setting or something, but I have been unable to find the problem. I am also using the AnyDVD beta, which I do not feel is a factor of this problem. Help welcome as well as direction to resolve this problem.

- New: As some DVD players behave weird, if DVD playback stops,
all titles copied without menus will loop

Is anyone having problem with "Movie Only" repeating after the movie is finished? The movie keeps looping which is something that did not happen before. Maybe it a setting or something, but I have been unable to find the problem. I am also using the AnyDVD beta, which I do not feel is a factor of this problem. Help welcome as well as direction to resolve this problem.

That's not a problem. It's a feature. :D

Press stop, or eject the disc after you're done watching? /shrug

That's not a problem. It's a feature. :D

Press stop, or eject the disc after you're done watching? /shrug

If I check preserve menus will this stop the looping in the Movie Only mode? I have a carousel player and would like it to go to the next movie on its own.

Is anyone having problem with "Movie Only" repeating after the movie is finished? The movie keeps looping which is something that did not happen before.

This is by design. See the changelog (first post).

If I check preserve menus will this stop the looping in the Movie Only mode? I have a carousel player and would like it to go to the next movie on its own.

This depends how the disc was authored.

James, can I go back the non beta version by just reloading it or will it still happen on the original release?

Last edited:
James, can I go back the non beta version by just reloading it or will it still happen on the original release?

Sure. But this new feature was supposed to stay in future versions, so I need to understand why you can't live with it. Please elaborate.

Webslinger is correct, I guess my question would be why would you want it to loop. Most people don't want to watch the same movie again, do they, so why loop it in the first place. Trust me because it does loop it is not the end of world, I just think it should be an option, not a new feature.

New subject, after reading the first post again I see that they might of fixed burning DVD+R/DL, I was never successful burning one in CloneDVD2. I always go to a third party program to do a D/L. If I can burn D/L with the beta version that would be a plus. That will give me something to play with today.

I appreciate your help on the looping part. If that is the future, then I have to live with it. I guess this new feature doesn't bother the other members, so that only makes one vote against it.

Thank you both. :bowdown:

Perhaps being able to turn looping on or off in a Clonedvd setting wouldn't be a bad idea?

Back