• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Revised product Suggestion, More revenue for Slysoft

georgieporgie

The final suggestion, More revenue for Slysoft possible

Here is the final suggestion sent to the programmers by me:
BTW it is cool because if implimented it makes the latest sceeme by Sony cause extra revenue generated for Slysoft.
The feature set of DVD ISO compliance should be added into the Rip to Hard disk function as follows.
The rip and repair DVD to Hard disk feature should have a check box:
"Completely restore DVD ISO compliance"
This would solve everything about the new Sony bullcrap VOB defect and would make Shrink people happy ;)
Realizing now after scouring the forums that a VOB repair on the fly is out of the question, the perfect place for repairing the VOB files is a checkbox feature in the Rip DVD to hard disk function.
Just to be obnoxious to Sony a complete 100% ISO compliance would be an anal retentive slam to Sony's broken VOB ISO compliance.

HERE IS THE TICKET TO GENERATE EXTRA REVENUE FOR SLYSOFT:
CREATE A NEW PROGRAM CALLED "ISO RESTORE" THAT IS SOLD SEPARATELY TO RIP THE DVD TO A MEDIA SET THAT IS 100% ISO COMPLIANT. It would be a new program in the slysoft suite. This would be very cool and would generate more revenue for Slysoft as I would buy the program the day it came out. The program worms its way through the VOB set and creates a resultant media set that is 100% ISO compliant and 100% decoded and 100% region free. People could then use any program of their choice to work with the fully ISO compliant media set.

Here is the ticket to generate extra revenue for Slysoft:
Create a new program called "ISO Restore" that is sold separately to rip the dvd to a media set that is 100% iso compliant.

Caps killed. Ouch.

It would be a new program in the slysoft suite. This would be very cool and would generate more revenue for Slysoft as I would buy the program the day it came out. The program worms its way through the VOB set and creates a resultant media set that is 100% ISO compliant and 100% decoded and 100% region free. People could then use any program of their choice to work with the fully ISO compliant media set.

There has been discussion about this. James has given some thoughts on this as well as other posters. It shouldn't be a new program, per se, but a modular add-on to AnyDVD, IMO.

Two very informative threads:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2668

and

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1719291&postcount=41

Last edited:
I realize this is posed in another place but I want to get feedback on this feature request as a separate thread because the original thread got diluted somewhat.
Please comment and rip appart the idea as needed so I can further revise it and ammend my product suggestion if needed.
Here is the final suggestion sent to the programmers by me:
BTW it is cool because if implemented it makes the latest scheme by Sony cause extra revenue generated for Slysoft.
The feature set of DVD ISO compliance should be added into the Rip to Hard disk function as follows.
The rip and repair DVD to Hard disk feature should have a check box:
"Completely restore DVD ISO compliance"
This would solve everything about the new Sony bullcrap VOB defect and would make Shrink people happy Realizing now after scouring the forums that a VOB repair on the fly is out of the question, the perfect place for repairing the VOB files is a checkbox feature in the Rip DVD to hard disk function.
Just to be obnoxious to Sony a complete 100% ISO compliance would be an anal retentive slam to Sony's broken VOB ISO compliance.

HERE IS THE TICKET TO GENERATE EXTRA REVENUE FOR SLYSOFT:
CREATE A NEW PROGRAM CALLED "ISO RESTORE" THAT IS SOLD SEPARATELY TO RIP THE DVD TO A MEDIA SET THAT IS 100% ISO COMPLIANT. It would be a new program in the slysoft suite. This would be very cool and would generate more revenue for Slysoft as I would buy the program the day it came out. The program worms its way through the VOB set and creates a resultant media set that is 100% ISO compliant and 100% decoded and 100% region free (or region locked for ISO compliance anals). People could then use any program of their choice to work with the fully ISO compliant media set.

By making it a new program it funds the difficulty/time asociated with its implimentation. Also I feel creating this program to restore ISO compliance helps the anal retentive folks like myself feel warm and fuzzy enough to spend another $30.
:D

The all caps represents a eureka moment

The caps in my post represents a eureka moment.
I guess it was a eureka of sorts and I thank you guys for pointing out the related posts to me.:agree:

Create a new program, charge for it.

After reviewing more posts and James post from 2 weeks ago I am convinced more than ever that this should be a separate program.
The main reason is because you can leave the ripper in AnyDVD as it is, one that decodes and rips but does not repair VOBs e.g. the DVD backup will play.
The new program restores ISO compliance, but as a new application it funds the research and programming needed to accomplish this new task.
In my opinion the NEED to have this functionality was created recently as 2 months ago by Sony et. al.
How many other people would be willing to BUY this new feature a a new program entitled, "ISO Restore?"

James has been talking about an updated/upgrade to the AnyDVD ripper to do essentially do what you're saying here. I think it would only sell as a "plug-in" for AnyDVD to replace the ripper, and then for no more than $10 to help fund the cost. Fact is, free solutions exist already. And ISO compliance is somehting we already GOT out of AnyDVD before the new Sony fun. So some of us view getting back to that point in functionality as "expected" behavior.

I just wish we'd stay better informed as to how this is going. That said, I'm dissapointed that Slysoft put HD / Blu-Ray ahead of getting to the bottom of this Sony crap. I agree with you that pointing people toward CloneCD as a "solution" looks like self-serving marketing. And in marketing, appearances are paramount.

-W

Last edited:
New product needed because of success of AnyDVD

It is rare when a software program causes the need for a separate program because it is that good. AnyDVD is so successfull, it finally made DVD Manufacturers resort to corupting the VOB file content itself. Previous attemps by DVD Manufacturers to spoil rippers more was to affect the mounting of the DVD within the Windows Operating system's file system. Obviously, they also tried bad sectors. Now with VOB file corruption content, they are corrupting the ISO validity of the VOB content. mainly with addressing vector anomolies. As far as their old methods go, they seem to be in a holding pattern with their Windows disk mounting error attacks. Interestingly enough AnyDVD is a program designed for the correction of reasons why the DVD cannot mount properly on a Windows computer.
Once AnyDVD has mounted the disk, by protecting us from its copy protection, then the problem remains that one must also fix the VOB compliance to ISO standards using a program like FixVTS.
To fix this concern I am proposing to create a 2 new programs called "ISO Restore DVD" and "ISO Restore CD" to stream out the entire contents of a DVD or CD to a resultant set of completely ISO compliant media placed into a directory on a Windows computer.
This way we can recompile the media for backup, in an ISO standard, so future generations might also enjoy the media we are viewing today.

If they asked for more money to fix the new Sony copy-protection then that would be it for me. I think it would be in their best interest to give it away for free. I'm glad you aren't a Slysoft employee.

I have to agree with linx05. I am a fan of Slysoft and I own all their products but I really wouldn't spend money on this as a new product. I've already upgraded to AnyDVD HD and I believe that was a valid expenditure since HD-DVD and BR are new technology and formats. However, I won't pay money for AnyDVD to output something that is compliant. I understand why, right now, AnyDVD can't do this. I have no arguments with the reasons.

Some things everyone needs to take into account are somewhat more basic and business-related, IMO. First of all AnyDVD ripper was never originally part of the program. It was added later. James explained why in his CD Freaks posting. I, personally, wish it had never been added but I won't digress. Now, if Slysoft releases a completely separate ripping product that works with AnyDVD to create a fully compliant DVD rip of a originally non-compliant DVD then there is a serious issue. What's the issue? Well, Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes have business ties and Elby makes CloneDVD. Releasing a ripper of their own would/could cause problems. My personal opinion is that CloneDVD should take the mangled non-compliant files and make them compliant since it is the ripper! But, again, I digress.

If Slysoft is going to release an updated ripper for AnyDVD it needs to be free and it needs to be an add-on that people can decide to use or not. And, people need to realize that this may create yet another step in the ripping process. Now if I want a compliant backup I would need to run AnyDVD, rip with AnyDVD ripper [which magically will create a compliant DVD and of course make rip times longer], then [maybe] run the output through CloneDVD (?)/Shrink/Recode, then run it through VobBlanker or PgcEdit [if someone wishes to], then burn it. Now, actually, CloneDVD [or Shrink, etc] could be removed from the equation since I'm already using VobBlanker, too, and it's free. VobBlanker also allows you to remove FBI warnings and such that CloneDVD can't. So, actually, this could cost sales of CloneDVD, IMO. Some might say, "Who cares?" but I think that's important to think about. Slysoft and Elby are businesses and making money is part of business and since Slysoft also markets Elby's product it might not be the best thing to create a product that competes with it.

Now, if I could wish for anything I would wish for an add-on to AnyDVD makes a rip compliant but that can be run on files already on your HDD. In this sense it would be like FixVTS. So that I could rip a movie using AnyDVD & CloneDVD [or whatever ripper I wanted] and then after it's on my HDD run it through the add-on to fix the ripped DVD. Then I can use whatever other programs that I wish. I really have absolutely no interest in using AnyDVD as a ripper. It's a decrypter and it should stay that way!

Anyway, I know I rambled a bit and tried to avoid digressing but take it all as food for thought. The creation of a new Slysoft product just for compliance of the rip will have repercussions and create a longer process in the creation of backups [for some].

Last edited:
Back