• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with CloneDVD mobile on Laptops

Maxx

CloneDVDmobile doesn't seem to work with my Vista Ultimate although all other Slysoft products do. As soon as I specify a source location, either by typing an address or pressing the "Browse" button, I see a dialog box which says "Application has stopped working" with an "APPCRASH" event. The problem occurs for all output formats and seems to be directly related to the search for the source address.

I tried "XP Compatibility" mode, running as Administrator, and if fact, even turning off UAC. None of these options correct the problem. As I said, all the other Slysoft products work just fine with Vista.

xp compatibility mode

how do you go to xp compat mode? I have another piece of software that says it is not compatible with vista and will not load.

I can use the mobile dvd to pull the movie off the dvd in Vista but then I have bad atom errors in some of the files and they are useless on the vista machine only.

Hefe3

how do you go to xp compat mode?

To enter Windows XP and Vista Compatibilty mode:

1 - Rightclick the application's icon and select "Properties"

2 - Select the "Compatibility"-tab, then "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

3 - Select your desired OS and other selections you might need. :)
(Disclaimer: CloneDVDmobile 1.1.4.0 is working “out-of-the-web” for me, so my selections are for educational purposes only. 8) )

Attachments

• RightClick.JPG
    RightClick.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 7
  • CompatiblityMode.JPG
    CompatiblityMode.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 8
Same problem - Mobile crashes on browse

I have the same problem. As soon as I pick a location to browse to (my DvD player) the program is shut down by Vista with the message, "CloneDVD mobile Application has stopped working."

I've tried turning off UAC, ran as admin, and tried XP compatibility mode. None of that works.

The program appears to be working normally until that point.

cdvdm works great in vista ultimate for me (latest cdvdm [1141] vista updates and dreamscene installed). dont even have to put in compatibility mode. ive converted 5+ movies to divx and its working fabulously. no problems with UAC or needing to run as admin.

perhaps its a conflict with antivirus or firewall?

I've tried disabling antivirus and the firewall (though I can't imagine why that would affect the program) as well. I got rid of every process I could and still it crashes as soon as I finish browsing to a drive.

I have exactly the same problem, I get an appcrash and the following right after I select the folder:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CloneDVDmobile.exe
Application Version: 1.1.4.0
Application Timestamp: 4592afce
Fault Module Name: CloneDVDmobile.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.1.4.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4592afce
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000ac2b0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d48b
Additional Information 2: 9bcd330086c33ab423529513f1708700
Additional Information 3: 60b4
Additional Information 4: 8fa468332920cff7df7a80d5e54cdb17

I have tried 1.1.4.0 and the latest 1.1.5.0, both crash, has anyone with the same problem been able to get this to work?

problems on vista laptop

I have what I believe is an identical problem. I am an owner of CloneDVD2, AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile and have been for a fair while. I used to use them on my XP pc and have hardly ever had any problems.

My new Vista Home Premium laptop arrived yesterday, and now when I try to open certain disks with CloneDVD mobile I get an error message from Vista saying the application has "stopped working" and gives two options to close it.

It's only certain disks, and they're disks that worked fine on my XP pc. No packet writing software or anything here. Any ideas?

I never tried the product on XP so I do not have anything to compare it to but getting it to run in Vista required giving it admin rights to get it to even start.

There hasn't been much response from slysoft so I hope that means they are working on the problem rather than giving up.

You may want to try right clicking the shortcut/icon and clicking "Run as administrator".

I wonder as well if User Account Control is doing something weird.

Yes, you could also try disabling User Account Control by going Control Panel(Classic View)>User Accounts>Turn User Account Control on or off. If you have more that one account on your computer you will have to click on your account.

I've got UAC turned off and have also tried the run as administrator button - it still doesn't work. I don't know if it's coincidence, but for me the discs that haven't worked are TV series - it seems to work with movie discs. Either way, it's really quite frustrating and I hope that a solution can eventually be found.

I've got UAC turned off and have also tried the run as administrator button - it still doesn't work. I don't know if it's coincidence, but for me the discs that haven't worked are TV series - it seems to work with movie discs. Either way, it's really quite frustrating and I hope that a solution can eventually be found.

Maybe if you post the Anydvd status screens of the disc you're having problems with, and list the title and what country the discs are from, peer might have some further advice (just a thought/guess/suggestion). http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 (step 8 )

Another thing you can try is to use Anydvd ripper on those discs (right click the red fox icon and select "rip video dvd to harddisk"). After, try Clonedvdmobile on the rip.

By the way, the most recent version of Anydvd is 6.1.7.3. You can find it here: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7541

Last edited:
The title I have an issue with is The West Wing Season Six - the same problem on all discs in the season. It's region 2 UK, and it doesn't having any particularly interesting copy protection on it at all.

The AnyDVD (6.1.7.3) status window looks like this:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.3)
SLIMTYPE DVD ADS8A1H WH66 2007/03/09 18:50
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1875520 sectors (3663 MBytes)
Total size: 2812068 sectors (5492 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WEST_WING_S6_D3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

As i've said before, this disc works fine in my XP machine. I've tried a few other movie discs (Fight Club UK Region 2 is one that I can remember trying) in this Vista Home Premium machine and they worked fine.

The error window I get immediately I attempt to open the Video_TS folder from one of the discs that I have issues with is this:

As you can see from the image, CloneDVD mobile has not loaded the disc - this error comes up immediately the enter key is pressed after entering the Video_TS folder location.

Clicking "View problem details" gives this information:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CloneDVDmobile.exe
Application Version: 1.1.5.4
Application Timestamp: 46b9f2c1
Fault Module Name: CloneDVDmobile.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.1.5.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 46b9f2c1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000ad7c3
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: d48b
Additional Information 2: 9bcd330086c33ab423529513f1708700
Additional Information 3: 5413
Additional Information 4: 11d90e5a7bcfb6597a23648e7b55e3fe

As a further point, this disc opens and processes perfectly with CloneDVD2. This issue is only with CloneDVD mobile.

I've tried using both the AnyDVD ripper, and DVDDecrypter and opening the Video_TS folder from the hard drive. This results in exactly the same problem as I have described.

The Imgburn filter driver load order for my machine shows this:

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.1.7.3
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.7.3
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

I hope this is enough information for a solution to be found but I can easily try more things/provide more info as required.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions thus far.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

I don't know if this will help, but it might:

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

Thanks for your continued help - I've set the drive region and AnyDVD's region to 2 now, the same as the disc, but the problem remains exactly as before.

Thanks for your continued help - I've set the drive region and AnyDVD's region to 2 now, the same as the disc, but the problem remains exactly as before.

I think peer will have the best advice.

But anyway, also try this:
Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for.

I don't think it can be a drive issue if I have the same problem opening the discs after they've been ripped to the HD, and because they open fine with other software such as CloneDVD2 (from disc or folder) with AnyDVD running.

Nonetheless, my DVD drive is a SATA drive as far as I can see - I don't have any PCI IDE controllers installed on my machine.

Back