• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Cannot Be Played

deezee

I'm trying to burn a movie that was a dvd rip using Clone DVD 2 but when
I play it on my regular dvd player I get this message "This disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc." The thing that puzzles me is I can play
it on my computer using my dvd player which is hardware based. (Real Magic-
Hollywood card) but not my regular Panasonic player.
The video TS folder contains 3 BUP files, 6 VOB files and 3 IFO files.
There is no Audio TS folder.
Another question : Why is it there is nothing in an Audio TS folder after
ripping a dvd to my hard drive ? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to burn a movie that was a dvd rip using Clone DVD 2 but when
I play it on my regular dvd player I get this message "This disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc."

What type of blank media are you using?

Please answer these questions fully http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

can play it on my computer

Then Anydvd and Clonedvd worked properly.

Why is it there is nothing in an Audio TS folder after
ripping a dvd to my hard drive ? Any help would be appreciated.

Because there isn't anything in that folder on the original disc either--or the folder simply doesn't exist on the original disc. Typically, the audio_ts folder is empty and nothing to be concerned about.

Last edited:
Info

Need a little more info, like burner type, media type (Manufacturer, -R, +R, +DL, etc), burner firmware, burning speed, etc.

Without the above my best guess would be your player doesn't like your media type. You probably need to make sure your back-up is shown with a booktype of DVD-ROM.

Generally the AudioTS folder will be blank if you open it with Windows Explorer.

Webslinger,
Guess we were typing at the same time.

Last edited:
when
I play it on my regular dvd player I get this message "This disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc."

CHeck to see if the DVD Player is rated as being able to play recordable media (-R or +R). Many of the older player weren't and some of the newer ones still can't play +/-RW nor Dual Layer Recordable media...

CHeck to see if the DVD Player is rated as being able to play recordable media (-R or +R).

Yeah, and if it's "+R" the booktype may need to be changed to "dvd-rom", but without more information from the OP, I'm just doing mindreading excercises.

OK My dvd burner is a Benq 1640 ( firmware BSLB ). I'm using Clone DVD2
Version 2.9.0.3 on Winxp Pro .
My discs are Maxell DVD+R RW 16X and I'm burning at max speed.
I downloaded Nero CD-DVD Speed and checked to see if the booktype
is "dvd-rom" and it is. My other movies that I've backed up are Memorex
and Maxell DVD+R RW and they play fine.
This movie that I burned is an old animation that I downloaded off the net
and I'm wondering if there is there something missing from the files.
When I use Clone DVD 2 I chose "Write Existing Data". Thanks in advance.

My other movies that I've backed up are Memorex

You're using rewriteables--or are you just typing "RW" because that's what's printed on the packaging? RW is the RW alliance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD+RW_Alliance

I'm not sure that I can help you with things you're downloading off the net especially if you haven't purchased what you're burning. I don't know if this animation is copywrited. If it is, I can't help you.

By the way, Maxell (regular generic stuff) and Memorex do not qualify as good media. Use good quality media:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

Last edited:
I guess you're right, I was looking at the RW that's written on the disc because I never buy rewritables. I don't know if the animation (Ben & Gerry) is copywrited or not. It's the first time I've tried doing it and I've never
had this problem playing a disc with my Panasonic. I will check into
purchasing better quality DVDs though. Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.

I will check into
purchasing better quality DVDs though. Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.

If you're not experiencing issues otherwise, the problem might simply be the source data. Clonedvd2 is intended to make backups of dvds and compliant rips--and not necessarily everything that's downloaded off the internet.

Try some (real) Taiyo Yuden 8x dvd-r media to resolve most compatibility issues with dvd players.

Try some (real) Taiyo Yuden 8x dvd-r media to resolve most compatibility issues with dvd players.
i just purchased 100 taiyo yuden discs and none of my back-ups on these discs will play in my daewoo dvd recorder/hard drive recorder which i bought last april (2006).they will however play on all other players i have including my ps2 games console and a £20 matsui dvd player.

i just purchased 100 taiyo yuden discs and none of my back-ups on these discs will play in my daewoo dvd recorder/hard drive recorder which i bought last april (2006).they will however play on all other players i have including my ps2 games console and a £20 matsui dvd player.

The reason I mention Taiyo Yuden 8x premium line dvd-rs is that they tend to have a fairly high reflectivity so that they play back in a lot of standalone players well in addition to generally producing very good burns. The 8x discs also tend to have less quality control issues than the 16x line.

It's possible that one player is overly picky. If you're using +R media, you may want to try changing the booktype to "dvd-rom". Also keep in mind there are a lot of fake Taiyo Yudens out there. I haven't read of very many people having problems playing real 8x Taiyo Yuden dvd-rs in general, but I'm sure the possibility exists.

Taiyo Yuden Tru Blus are pretty bad.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help I will check out the Taiyo Yuden discs. Hopefully
I can find them here in Canada.

Thanks for your help I will check out the Taiyo Yuden discs. Hopefully
I can find them here in Canada.

These are Canadian sources (so you won't have to deal with brokerage fees by importing):

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=21929&vpn=TY4-8X/100S&manufacture=Others&promoid=1020

or

http://blankmedia.ca/prodsubcats.asp?id=62

Both sources sell real Taiyo Yuden blank media. NCIX is based in B.C., so you also won't get charged provincial sales tax if you're in Ontario. You will have to pay GST though (and shipping).

If you want something even better, you can go after some of the best dvd-r media money can buy (this is better
than Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim):

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=21283&vpn=635070/12&manufacture=MAXELL&promoid=1020

Last edited:
DVDs

Yep, but they can still be ordered from there. From what I saw on the Canadian store, it might be cheaper from SoftwareMediaStore even with the shipping. His choice.

Yep, but they can still be ordered from there. From what I saw on the Canadian store, it might be cheaper from SoftwareMediaStore even with the shipping. His choice.

There's another issue to consider when shipping anything across borders. When the product hits the border, the buyer will get nailed with additional taxes and possibly an additional steep brokerage/handling fee (this is especially true when American stores ship to Canadians using UPS as a shipper) for goods that cost more than $20 Canadian. And there's also an exchange rate to keep in mind.

But you're right, it's certainly the OP's choice.

Last edited:
OK My dvd burner is a Benq 1640 ( firmware BSLB ). I'm using Clone DVD2
Version 2.9.0.3 on Winxp Pro .
My discs are Maxell DVD+R RW 16X and I'm burning at max speed.
I downloaded Nero CD-DVD Speed and checked to see if the booktype
is "dvd-rom" and it is. My other movies that I've backed up are Memorex
This movie that I burned is an old animation that I downloaded off the net
and I'm wondering if there is there something missing from the files.
When I use Clone DVD 2 I chose "Write Existing Data". Thanks in advance.

what format is the movie you downloaded in is it avi or what?

The movie I downloaded came in a Video_TS folder with 3BUP,
3FO and 6VOB files. So I'm assuming it was a dvd rip.

Back