• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suspected Trojan

barnburner

I run Kaspersky and it said I had a trojan from AnyDVD... Is this valid? I know other anti-virus software pick up something every now and then but wanted to make sure mine was ok.

detected: Trojan program Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ahyk File: C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\RgDrvls.exe

I run KIS as well and can not get this false positive. If you downloaded from slysoft's official server you are fine. Report this to kaspersky and I would update the datbase for viruses too.

If you downloaded from slysoft's official server you are fine.

I have been a loyal and paying customer of slysoft since back when they were Island thunder. I only d/l from slysoft's official server.

I have been a loyal and paying customer of slysoft since back when they were Island thunder. I only d/l from slysoft's official server.

If above is true then you have false postive. Tell Kaspersky to fix their software.

I run Kaspersky and it said I had a trojan from AnyDVD... Is this valid? I know other anti-virus software pick up something every now and then but wanted to make sure mine was ok.

detected: Trojan program Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ahyk File: C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\RgDrvls.exe

Delete RgDrvls.exe, it isn't needed anymore. (And it isn't a trojan, unless some other malicious program replaced it).

I think kaspersky is picking up this file becase a lot of rootkits try to install themselves using similar techniques

Just an FYI after searching for this file, I just bought, installed, and ran ZoneAlarm's Extreme Security's AV program and it also picked up this file and reported it as a "Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ahyk" trojan and quarantined it.

I saw James message that the file is not needed, and not a trojan, but just wanted to post this ZA-AV detection for reference information.

not to make light of anyones situation - but to even think that slysoft would ever have something like a virus or trojan in their software is just plain ridiculous = if you download directly from slysoft server then Guaranteed you will always have safe and relaible software, your problem lies elsewhere

Just an FYI after searching for this file, I just bought, installed, and ran ZoneAlarm's Extreme Security's AV program and it also picked up this file and reported it as a "Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ahyk" trojan and quarantined it.

I saw James message that the file is not needed, and not a trojan, but just wanted to post this ZA-AV detection for reference information.

Also.. please report all false positives to your anti-virus vendor. Slysoft can't fix thier software. you have to inform them.

-W

Hang on a sec...
Are you saying that island thunder was just SlySoft with a different name?

Ha! I have never been able to figure out what island thunder was.

Back