• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wolfenstein

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
I received my copy of Wolfenstein yesterday. I installed it on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system and it runs nicely so far. The game uses SecuROM and requires the DVD to be in the drive. The game uses a CD key but I've only played single-player and have yet to need to input it anywhere. I was easily able to create a SecuROM profile using GameJackal with the latest v4 drivers and play the game without needing the DVD in the drive.

Some users may disable visual themes option of shortcut/exe in compatibility tab or else you may get an error about not finding default.cfg.

I'm still debating whether to pick this game up or not. I really loved RTCW a lot and I'm a huge ID fan. Just played through Doom 3 again. Spent a few hours on it last night and finished it after another 2 and a half or so hours tonight. This game looks like it could be a lot of fun so if I happen to end up near my local electronics store this weekend I may be tempted.

Thanks go to SamuriHL for pointing out an update already existed: http://www.fileplanet.com/203811/200000/fileinfo/Wolfenstein-Patch-v1.1-. ID Software is using FilePlanet as an official download location for the patch.

Here's the Gamer's Hell mirror:

Client:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_49904.shtml
Server:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_49906.shtml

Here is the changelog:

----------------
IV. FIX LIST
----------------

1.1 Update List

- When on the purchase upgrade confirmation screen, ESC now cancels the purchase instead of returning to the menu.

- Sounds added for navigating menus.

- In order to prevent names from running off the screen, character limit has been reduced to 10 characters on names

- Fixed issue causing the Healing icon to remain after dying.

- Sprint functionality has been modified so user can sprint longer, but has longer duration before being able to sprint again

- Global chat now disables properly if disabled through the Server Launcher.

- Fixed bug causing the grenade ammo indicator to reflect having one more grenade in your inventory.

- End-of-round countdown voice-over takes priority over objective status voice-overs.

- When a round ends, the scoreboard will default to the chat window.

- Truck model in Canals has been updated so it is easier to complete the objective

- Clan Tag text box in the Options Menu has been realigned

- Audio countdown has been readjusted

- The kill ticker color has been adjusted to the proper team color

- MP43 melee attack speed has been slightly decreased

- Added Quick voice chat that can be binded via the console (the new binds are _needEngineer, _needMedic, _needSoldier, _needHealth, _needAmmo)

- Both teams should now be able to mute users properly

- Soldier arm when holding Kar 98 has been improved

- Reduced how far packs are thrown

- Reduced how far grenades are thrown

- Removed a chair near the crucifix in Canals to prevent the crucifix from dropping into an area where it could not be reached

- Control options now feature separate binds for Use (resurrect, objectives) and Item (Ammo, Health, Satchel)

- Choosing a random map rotation will work properly now

- Added ability to change cross hair appearance through the menu

- Fixed issue causing the crouch icon to remain after dying

FYI, since reinstalling my Cat 9.8 drivers and installing this patch, I've not had one crash. Before it was not only crashing to the desktop, several times it bsod'd my machine. So, this patch is important. :) I played it for about 2 hours last night with no issues after patching.

It's been awhile since I played RtCW but I remember the graphics being good when it came out. I knew the graphics in Wolfenstein were better but until reinstalling RtCW and playing a little did I realize just how much better the graphics are in Wolfenstein. The difference is glaringly obvious.

Good to hear that your problem is gone. I never did experience an issue before updating and I've been running the Catalyst 9.8 drivers since they came out. Maybe I was just lucky. Regardless, I've updated to v1.1 so I'll never know.

I spoke too soon. Just went to play. BSOD'd my machine in less than 3 minutes. This game, IMO, is buggy as hell and I'm not amused.

Ok, I'm done with this game. I can't stand this anymore. I shell out 45 bucks for this useless pile of crap and all it does is crash NON ****ing STOP! I hope they fix it but until then, I'm done with tihs game completely. I'd love to just return it as defective at this point. Seriously, this is the buggiest game I've ever tried to play. This last crash froze at the menu just trying to load a game! Seriously?! You morons can't even get that part right? And webbie wonders why I doin't do PC gaming anymore. Between this, Mass Effect, getting Doom3 to play nice with my graphics card, etc, I'm just sick to death of it. Say what you will about console gaming, but, there's something to be said about sticking a disc in the machine and having it work.

Ok, I'm done with this game. I can't stand this anymore. I shell out 45 bucks for this useless pile of crap and all it does is crash NON ****ing STOP! I hope they fix it but until then, I'm done with tihs game completely. I'd love to just return it as defective at this point. Seriously, this is the buggiest game I've ever tried to play. This last crash froze at the menu just trying to load a game! Seriously?! You morons can't even get that part right? And webbie wonders why I doin't do PC gaming anymore. Between this, Mass Effect, getting Doom3 to play nice with my graphics card, etc, I'm just sick to death of it. Say what you will about console gaming, but, there's something to be said about sticking a disc in the machine and having it work.

I can understand your frustration and, so far, I'm lucky and haven't had any issues. I very well could end up with problems tomorrow. One things that has become very prevalent with the games that I have purchased more recently is that they are released, the actual protection mechanisms cause issues and the games do have some bugs which require an update or two before they are "stable".

Many people had problems with Mass Effect that made playing it absolutely impossible and they had to wait for the first update which was not released until the DLC was made available and that was way late in appearing.

PC gaming is becoming more complex due to the vast choices consumers have in terms of their hardware, system configurations, etc. The protection mechanisms along with a plethora of other things all have to work nicely together. With a console the hardware specs are set in stone and the games adhere to those specs and they usually just work. The downside is the console game may be not as visually appealing or other corners may have been cut. On the other hand some console versions of games are likely far better than the PC version.

It's getting harder and harder to find a game release where there aren't some pretty major bugs.

Where I don't get unlimited time to play games, it becomes a highly frustrating experience to try and play PC games these days. Constant crashing, protection issues, etc, all make it so that you end up banging your head against a wall to play what boils down to a pretty mediocre game. Woflenstein is fun, for sure, but, it's not ground breaking and certainly not the must have game of the year. It used to be that the only thing you had to worry about on your PC was tweaking a game for performance. I don't mind that one bit. But tweaking things just to be able to play the game at all? Yea, not so much. And in this case I contacted support because someone on their own forum stated they got a beta fix for this problem. The response I got back from support was "beta fix? What beta fix? Now, to solve your problem let's go ahead and get your dxdiag info." :bang: No one listened to me when I said Activision taking over id was a bad thing. Well, here I am, reiterating the fact that it's not just bad thing, it completely sucks! We now get Activision level support. Oh goodie. However, when all is said and done, after reading more on their forum last night, it's clear to me that the console versions aren't immune either. Both the 360 and PS3 versions crash, as well. That's some excellent programming and testing they've got going on there. Completely unacceptable.

Any news on a new patch to correct this games problems? I enjoyed RTCW as well but certainly wont be purchasing this game until the bugs are worked out. As far as buggiest games ever, the champ in my corner was S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I haven't seen anything on it. My issues turned out to be an incredibly difficult to pin down issue with my ram. Got it replaced and haven't had a problem since with the machine. I sort of put this game aside for now while I played other games. I need to go back to it and finish it one of these days. It's been a fairly entertaining game, but, Raven/id used up some goodwill with me on this release. Meaning I won't just automatically buy a game because id was involved. They put their name on it, but, that's about all they did.

I should mention that *Webslinger* called correctly. ;) And no, I still haven't shipped that back yet. Might do that this week so I can have 8 gigs in that machine. I wonder how that'll help the 5870? :D

It won't. The bottleneck will be your cpu, but you'll probably never notice.

I'm aware. I was mostly joking. The only thing 8 gigs is going to help with on that machine is video editing and encoding. For gaming, nada. And my CPU isn't going to slow games down in the least. :)

Dayum, Webbie doing PC repairs now lol? Guy can probably cook up a mean omelet too ;)

All indications pointed to my video card overheating or slowly dying. Webbie suggested memory. I've had memory die before in my last HTPC so I'm well aware of how flaky the machine can be, but, the errors I was getting were ONLY video card related. Afer the suggestion, I tested the crap out of my memory and determined I had a bad stick. I replaced it with some new Corsair and it's flawless now. I'd have wasted a lot of time and probably a new video card without his help on this one.

Webbie suggested memory.

I did a little more than just make a suggestion. :mad:

Anyway, you can settle your bill with me for technical support using Paypal.

Just giving you a hard time ;)

I accept cash too. :D

Last edited:
Back