• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FileIO 4 Errors During Rip

Kazz

I get these on the majority of the DVDs I own. This is a bit new to me so perhaps I'm not understanding something. I recorded everything for this particular occurence, but, again, I get it on multiple movie discs.

The LiteOn I'm using now replaced the Plextor 755-SA I WAS using, thinking the drive might be a problem. Thanks for any and all advice!

Drive: LiteOn LH-20A1S

Rip completion point: 53%

DVD: Disk 1, Die Hard from the Bruce Willis Die Hard set.

Error Message: FileIO 4 VTS_02_4.VOB 990963712 815104

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L05 2007/03/20 11:44
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2068960 sectors (4040 MBytes)
Total size: 4077737 sectors (7964 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DIEHARD
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I get these on the majority of the DVDs I own. This is a bit new to me so perhaps I'm not understanding something. I recorded everything for this particular occurence, but, again, I get it on multiple movie discs.

The LiteOn I'm using now replaced the Plextor 755-SA I WAS using, thinking the drive might be a problem. Thanks for any and all advice!

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

BTW, I've tried this disabling EVERYTHING in startup via msconfig on my XP SP2 Core2Duo PC.

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

FileIO Error 4 = AnyDVD cannot *write* to your harddisk. This is an error I would never expect to happen.
Check the target directory. Is there enough space available? Is it a removable drive?

Thank you - I had 6.3GB left on the drive it was writing to. It was pointed at the wrong drive/directory.

I couldn't find any reference for error messages to troubleshoot this myself - does one exist?

Thanks, again. I'll retry!

Thanks, moved it to a drive w/more space and works great. Also went out and bought a 500GB drive to add.

I have a simlar error. FileIO 4 VTS_01_1.VOB 24803328 557056. However, I have 1.7TB available on my network NAS device. When I rip to a local drive it works fine. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, this used to work very recently, and nothing has changed on the NAS box.

I have a simlar error. FileIO 4 VTS_01_1.VOB 24803328 557056. However, I have 1.7TB available on my network NAS device. When I rip to a local drive it works fine. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, this used to work very recently, and nothing has changed on the NAS box.

Maybe the network connection was lost during the process. AnyDVD checks the available space before it starts, so this shouldn't be an issue. If you have a network problem, you will see this error.

Back