• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy a cd with drilled holes

rjgpit

Copy a cd with 2 drilled holes

Is it possible to make back up copies of a data cd with 2 small drilled holes in the original disk? If so how?

Many thanks,
Ron

Last edited:
Is it possible to make back up copies of a data cd with 2 small drilled holes in the original disk? If so how?

Many thanks,
Ron

CDRecovery Tool might be worth a try; however there will be data missing in the "Holes". I'm not sure if the CD would even mount - depends on where thehols are I guess. You might need to "Cover up the holes". Never tried anything like that. Let us know how it turns out.

are the holes some protection thing, or did you have an accident with the disk, a drill and the cd? ;)

The 2 holes seem to be part of the copy protection scheme. They are prox 1/4" from the lead-in (closest to the hub), prox 1/8" apart, and 1/16" in diameter. Also they do not go all of the way through the disk.

The software that I am trying to back up is Native Instruments "Battery".

Ron

are the holes some protection thing, or did you have an accident with the disk, a drill and the cd? ;)

I was wondering the exact same thing, I was just looking for a creative way to phrase it. You did it. :D

And I thought Sony was bad? Now we have companies drilling holes in CD's?
WTF are they gonna do next? Come out with a square CD??

-W (I saw that disturbing commercial with the square "fish patty" fishes.)

I was wondering the exact same thing, I was just looking for a creative way to phrase it. You did it. :D

And I thought Sony was bad? Now we have companies drilling holes in CD's?
WTF are they gonna do next? Come out with a square CD??

-W (I saw that disturbing commercial with the square "fish patty" fishes.)

To be honest, I would be concerned about playing a CD with holes in it in any player I have let alone my computer. Weight distribution gets thrown off with holes let alone air flow. If a disc was sold that way I'd return it but I have a feeling it wasn't originally made that way...

PS: Um, have you ever seen some of the odd shapes they had for mini-CDs? They definitely were not round! ;)

Back