• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help - PC is freezing while copy/save of DVD data

niceguy24

Hallo,

I have a serious problem for longer time meanwhile.
Nearly every bought DVD film I want to copy with my PC (Acer notebook) is freezing while the data is copied to the harddisk. Normaly this happens few seconds before CloneDVD has finished...
Then Windows XP stands still and the PC can only shut down with the Power switch because no program reacts...
So all data is lost and I have to start new try... then it works sometimes after few tries - but normally not.

I have the actual updated Clone DVD2 and Any DVD software running.

Don't know what to do!!
Please help if any idea!
Brgds, Ng.

Is it a new laptop? Have you experienced these issues previously?

WIth laptops is is critical that we know what the physical ODD is, it's characteristics and the DVD media being used. It sounds like the machine is hanging when writing the "Leadout". This was very much the case when using 4x and quicker Media on the old 2x writers - especially if the drives firmware was not updated to handle the newer. quicker media. The Firmware tries to use the "default" and when it attempts to "close out the media", it goes bonkers. Had that trouble with the older Toshiba ODDs a few years ago on my Sager laptops.

Hallo,

I have a serious problem for longer time meanwhile.
Nearly every bought DVD film I want to copy with my PC (Acer notebook) is freezing while the data is copied to the harddisk. Normaly this happens few seconds before CloneDVD has finished...
Then Windows XP stands still and the PC can only shut down with the Power switch because no program reacts...
So all data is lost and I have to start new try... then it works sometimes after few tries - but normally not.

I have the actual updated Clone DVD2 and Any DVD software running.

Don't know what to do!!
Please help if any idea!
Brgds, Ng.

Because you have stated this occurs a few seconds before CloneDVD has finished, I suspect this is caused by CloneDVD hanging on the .wav file at the end of the burn. This .wav file gives an audible announcement, at the end of the process that alerts you, that the job is done.
If the system is already near its limits, this .wav file could be "the straw that breaks the camels back" so to speak.
Try this:

Click on the preferences tab (in any of CloneDVD's windows), blank the "successful completion of operations" box, and see if this resolves your problem.
You can use the browse button next to this drop down box, to reinstate success .wav file, if it does not resolve your problem.

Because you have stated this occurs a few seconds before CloneDVD has finished, I suspect this is caused by CloneDVD hanging on the .wav file at the end of the burn.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about this. Good point.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about this. Good point.
Glad to help Webslinger......with all that you have going on, I am surprised that you have any hair left. (I know I would have all of mine pulled out)
Many of these problems can be resolved by posters on there own, if they would SEARCH here at the Slysoft forum first, and if need be, again at CD Freaks, in the AnyDVD, and CloneDVD forums.
I like your approach to the stickys......I often look through them, and learn new things, or remember things from the past that resolved problems. :clap:
I think you go beyond the duties of Moderator, by trying to help everyone who posts with a problem, and trying to help them.
Best wishes,
sockeye

I think you go beyond the duties of Moderator, by trying to help everyone who posts with a problem, and trying to help them.

Thank you! That's very kind of you to write.

And thank you again for posting about the possible .wav issue again. Some solutions sometimes slip my memory (especially if I never encounter the problem).

All the best,

Webslinger

Back