• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

350Mb per hour and good quality

sej7278

I've seen TV epsiodes from P2P sources - not that I would advocate that of course ;)

Anyway, the majority of them are about 350Mb in size, 608x336, ffmpeg XviD 4 video, and 128kbps MP3 audio. They are excellent quality - I mean practically DVD quality on my 19" screens (when scaled up 200%) they are usually from HD sources.

So I just tried to encode an AnyDVD ripped DVD at 640x360 DivX and moved the quality slider to 17, so it came to about 700Mb (2 hour DVD instead of 1 hour TV should be twice the size) using CloneDVD Mobile latest version. The quality was awful, I mean 1980's game console blocky quality!

As I understand it Mobile uses ffmpeg/mencode to make DivX's (actually XviD) too, so why the big quality difference, are the TV episodes 2 pass or using some hidden setting that improves the quality so much, they're using the same encoder, not DivX6 or anything, and it's not as if Mobile is fast - took 45mins on a 1.5Gb/3GHz P4HT.

I've seen TV epsiodes from P2P sources - not that I would advocate that of course ;)

Anyway, the majority of them are about 350Mb in size, 608x336, ffmpeg XviD 4 video, and 128kbps MP3 audio. They are excellent quality - I mean practically DVD quality on my 19" screens (when scaled up 200%) they are usually from HD sources.

So I just tried to encode an AnyDVD ripped DVD at 640x360 DivX and moved the quality slider to 17, so it came to about 700Mb (2 hour DVD instead of 1 hour TV should be twice the size) using CloneDVD Mobile latest version. The quality was awful, I mean 1980's game console blocky quality!

As I understand it Mobile uses ffmpeg/mencode to make DivX's (actually XviD) too, so why the big quality difference, are the TV episodes 2 pass or using some hidden setting that improves the quality so much, they're using the same encoder, not DivX6 or anything, and it's not as if Mobile is fast - took 45mins on a 1.5Gb/3GHz P4HT.

Alot of the encodes on the net were sourced from Hi Def Sources, so there's that to start with, and they were probably created from a high quality encoder, multipass. Clonemobile is great for what it is, but you sacrifice some quality and file size for speed.

Back