• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Solved - Latest Burn/Shrink Problem (Saw 3, Rocky Balboa, Zoom)

BrontoByte

For those of you who want the ENTIRE disc content (no chopping things out) and have been unable to create a playable disc for Saw 3, Rocky Balboa, and Zoom, here is the solution:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=1736101#post1736101

Webslinger's edit . . .
This is what your attached file states:

"To make a playable DVD from those movies listed, which all have the latest Sony Sector protection, you must use DVDFab Platinum's "Write Data" feature.

This uses the VSO burning engine, and circumvents a problem with the new copy protections - they leave more than 231 files in the directory, and violate the UDF DVD format. This violation causes Nero and Roxio to fail.

If you do not use Write Data of DVD Fab Platinum to solve your problem, you can get over this shortcoming by shrinking your movie in DVD Shrink to ISO format, then use Nero to burn that file. It's your choice - one step or two.

If AnyDVD and DVDFab Platinum discover how to reduce the final files to less than 231, nobody will have any problems.

PS - the same problem will exist with the powerful RipIt4Me program - movies like Saw 3, Zoom, and Rocky Balboa all leave more than 231 files even after they are cleaned, causing most burn engines to fail and still requiring a burn of ISO files, or use of DVD Platinum's VSO Burn Engine.

For those of you who have successfully burned these movies with Nero and Roxio, without using the ISO format, you most likely cut material out of the disc, thereby reducing your total files below 231, allowing for all burn programs to create a working disc with a UDF/ISO structure."

Attachments

• Link.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
"To make a playable DVD from those movies listed, which all have the latest Sony Sector protection, you must use DVDFab Platinum's "Write Data" feature.

No. You don't need to use dvdfab; that's not the only solution.

the same problem will exist with the powerful RipIt4Me program

Whoever wrote that doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

So, let me see if I understand this You still have to use the Anydvd ripper to rip it. Then you can use DVD Shrink to shrink it in the ISO format and will get a full disc copy?

So, let me see if I understand this You still have to use the Anydvd ripper to rip it. Then you can use DVD Shrink to shrink it in the ISO format and will get a full disc copy?

No. That original post is so misleading, and some of it is wrong.

If you just want the main movie, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

You can't get a full disk backup using Shrink and Anydvd by themselves on the newer Sony R1 releases.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying in this thread, Webslinger. I almost did but then decided I didn't even want to get into it. In the end it sounded like a nice DVDFab infomercial to me...

As we all know there are numerous different methods to back up these DVDs without DVDFab although that works as well.

Back