• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Snow White & The 7 Dwarfs

The question is still:
Why does DVDShrink handle disc 1 without problems, but CloneDVD2 won't even open it?

Fluke? Who knows? If the disc is damaged, I suppose anything is possible; one program may open it, and another may not.

Last edited:
I just did something out of curiosity....I uninstalled AnyDVD 6.1.3.3, and installed a pre HD version, the one immediately before it actually

Anydvd and Anydvd HD share the exact same executable file, and Anydvd 6.1.3.2 is also Anydvd HD 6.1.3.2 (this was the "one immediately before" 6.1.3.3); the difference is the license key.

The more descriptions you give the more I'm convinced your discs are damaged, especially if this is the only title you're having problems with (other than The Queen).

Last edited:
Anydvd and Anydvd HD share the exact same executable file, and Anydvd 6.1.3.2 is also Anydvd HD 6.1.3.2 (this was the "one immediately before" 6.1.3.3); the difference is the license key.

The more descriptions you give the more I'm convinced your discs are damaged, especially if this is the only title you're having problems with (other than The Queen).

OK, I guess I'll get the R2 version and be done with it.
Thanks for all your help.

Commerical Region 1 discs sold in the U.S. definitely did not have protect-dvd on them.
:confused:

Sorry, it has taken me awhile to get back to replying. The UPC is the same as mine. However, both my discs are CSS protected and Region 1 / not region free. This does set off alarm bells. I took a look on what was selling on Ebay and they all appeared to show pictures of regular cases. Mine came in that awful thick case (about 1 1/2 size larger than normal, the front folds out and the back folds out. This is an original storebought.

diddly said:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S GS03 FEB23 ,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2056368 sectors (4016 MBytes)
Total size: 4110688 sectors (8028 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Snow_White
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed ProtectDVD-Video protection!
Found & removed invalid program chain(s)!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I'm referring to what I bolded above.

Even More Confused

:confused:

Sorry, it has taken me awhile to get back to replying. The UPC is the same as mine. However, both my discs are CSS protected and Region 1 / not region free. This does set off alarm bells. I took a look on what was selling on Ebay and they all appeared to show pictures of regular cases. Mine came in that awful thick case (about 1 1/2 size larger than normal, the front folds out and the back folds out. This is an original storebought.

OK, mine is in a DVD case with a 2cm spine....about the size of the old four-way cases, no fold outs, just the booklet inside.
I think it's time to say:
1. I was done
2. I was done with damaged discs!

This is about to be a mute point, as a friend has offered to sell me his R2 Collectors Edition. It's still in the original box that looks like a book, and it still has the little book inside that came with it....and it's in mint condition....played once.
This means that the kids can have the R1's (since they're probably not real anyway) and I can put the R2 away on the shelf with the rest of the collection. (I back up so the kids can't damage originals....sad eh? That's why I always put the ROM content back on so they can enjoy that too)

I really want to thank you guys for all your help, but I think it's time to give it up, and bite the bullet and all that good stuff.

Cheers.:clap: :clap: :clap:

OK, mine is in a DVD case with a 2cm spine....about the size of the old four-way cases, no fold outs, just the booklet inside.
I think it's time to say:
1. I was done
2. I was done with damaged discs!

Yeah, it's not even the same packaging.

Another One

I've got a (used rental) Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs DVD that is giving CRC error when I'm just trying to drag the VIDEO_TS folder to a hard-drive.

The error seems to be on VTS_01_04 and says "Cannot copy VTS_01_04: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

The info is:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.6)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL10 02022306A85B82763A
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2073296 sectors (4049 MBytes)
Total size: 4110672 sectors (8028 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Snow_White
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Also here is DVDInfoPro reading

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1
CSS Protected No
Media code/Manufacturer ID N/A Pressed DVD
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Volume Name Snow_White
UDF Application id
UDF Implementation id
UDF Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 8/10/2001 17:58:10
Format Capacity 7.84GB(8.42GB)
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-ROM
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 3EB94Fh
Layer 0 end sector 22A2CFh
Linear Density 0.293um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 2
Layer Track Path direction (OTP) Opposite track path

Webslinger, many of my dvds were purchased from rental stores as previously viewed. In fact this can be an excellent way of increasing one's collection.

Jebelar, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Try cleaning the disc.

Webslinger, many of my dvds were purchased from rental stores as previously viewed.

I appreciate what you're saying. However, in this instance that needs to be stated clearly to me (for legal reasons that may not apply to everyone).

Last edited:
"Use rental"

I appreciate what you're saying. However, in this instance that needs to be stated clearly to me (for legal reasons that may not apply to everyone).

I did clarify. When I said "used rental" I meant that it is one of those ones you buy in the bin "pre-owned" at the rental store.

They are pretty abused, so probably just damage, but just wanted to post the info in case it twigged you onto something.

When I said "used rental" I meant that it is one of those ones you buy in the bin "pre-owned" at the rental store.

O.k., thank you.

They are pretty abused, so probably just damage, but just wanted to post the info in case it twigged you onto something.

CRC errors usually indicates a read error of some sort, and in your case visit here

Unfortunately, your disc is either dirty or (more likely) damaged and needs to be either cleaned, repaired, or exchanged.
Simply because a disc plays fine, doesn't mean it is fine.

Last edited:
jabelar, if you are able to, you could try a different drive to read. I have found that some drives are more tolerant of errors than others. Good Luck.

Back