• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Showtime now with Blu-ray Support

Hi :)
Nero myth continues re BD/HD/DTS. A newsletter sent out refers to these plugins (BD/HD).

Click on link for more info takes you here:

UPDATE: Discovered plugin at online shop.

Last edited:
Not In US

The upgrade is NOT available to US residents. If anyone tries this please report on if it works any better than PDVD 7.X

Last edited:
For Sale???

Really weird. Using the above link I can "Add to cart" but there is NO link for checkout. How does one actually purchase a product from this website?

Really weird. Using the above link I can "Add to cart" but there is NO link for checkout. How does one actually purchase a product from this website?

Hi :)
On seeing your post 'Not available in USA'.
I tried a work around. I'm based in UK so I was able to go through the whole process (unfortunately I don't have either BD or HD). Until I had to select country. See attached.

So for whatever reason although listing. It's not available for you yet. Weird!

Largest Market

Oddest thing is that like WinDVD they are eliminating the largest market in the world for the product. I suspect it is a licensing issue that will hopefully get fixed soon. If not the workaround will be found on the torrents. Strange when one is willing to PAY for software one ends up having to get a ripped copy due to licensing problems.

It appears that some of us are just too far ahead of the curve when it comes to HD-DVD. I now have over 50 rips I can't burn due to lack of available burners (None at present), expensive SL media only no DL, no duping software, no usable (non-buggy) player software, etc.

In the BD camp there are a bunch of burners, even more expensive media though both SL & DL are available. Though the software issues are the same.

Last edited:
I have just managed to purchase the Nero Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Plugin, but, there seems to be a problem, in the Nero InfoTool it says that my current version of Nero doesn't support Blu-Ray playback but it does support HD-DVD playback.

neroprodsetbl6.jpg

nerohddvdgs7.jpg

neroblurayxs6.jpg

Where/How

Could you tell me where you are located? If in the US how did you purchase?

On the practicle side is there a seperate download or just a place to enter the license number?

Could you tell me where you are located? If in the US how did you purchase?

On the practicle side is there a seperate download or just a place to enter the license number?
I am located in the UK and when you purchase the plugin you receive an e-mail that contains a license number that you insert into the product setup under the license section.

I have also just noticed that Blu-Ray playback isn't supported yet and you can confirm this on th Nero website.

Oh No!

Bought the Plugin, but Nero Showtime crashes when using AnyDVD HD. :mad:

Hope this is a bug and not a way to kill AnyDVD/HD. It would not be too hard to check memory for AnyDVD/HD and kill their program if it is loaded. Then again I suspect the SlyGuys and Babes can deal with that.

Now if I could only get that to play with :)

Why exactly is it an issue that they don’t currently sell the plug-in in the USA?

When ordering can you not simply say that you are from some other area (as long as the region code is the same for the HD DVD and BD discs). How would they know? Its not like they are shipping it to your door.

That said, I don’t think I want to try this. I’ll just wait for it to be made available in the USA :agree:

$29.99,....not too bad,....

Actually it is not a real crash. It is an error message which says Showtime cannot read the disc. When I disable AnyDVD it works with my HDMI connection. But when I want to watch HD-DVD over VGA connection same message appears. It seems as if the HDCP workaround does not work yet with Showtime. PowerDVD works with AnyDVD HD with VGA.

Purchase

Why exactly is it an issue that they don’t currently sell the plug-in in the USA?

When ordering can you not simply say that you are from some other area (as long as the region code is the same for the HD DVD and BD discs). How would they know? Its not like they are shipping it to your door.

That said, I don’t think I want to try this. I’ll just wait for it to be made available in the USA :agree:

$29.99,....not too bad,....

I tried but there was no Checkout button.

K

how far did you get?

I had “America Somoa” as a region without even knowing it :)

I went in from the UK website and clicked add to cart but there was no check out or cart button available from there. If someone can add the product to their cart and send a link for the checkout I can enter my info and make a purchase...maybe.

It's funny how they say "Get Into High Definition With Nero's Latest Free Update" and then try to make you pay for the BD/HD-DVD plug-in... funny, but not particularly amusing.

I don't care enough to actually pay for this thing. All those other stupid plug-ins that were extra purchases for Nero 6 came included with Nero 7... hopefully this one should come included with Nero 8, which shouldn't be all that far away given we're already at 7.8.5.0

And if it doesn't, I still probably won't care enough to pay $20 (though closer to $25 CDN) for this extra on top of $80 for Nero itself. I smell a rip-off going on around here.

Bought the Plugin, but Nero Showtime crashes when using AnyDVD HD. :mad:
I just tried the HD-DVD plugin for ShowTime and tried it with AnyDVD HD. Worked fine, played Aeon Flux US over DVI (non HDCP Apple Cinema Display).
Haven't tried other discs yet.
I am not impressed by the picture quality, but I must do further testing.

Now I cannot even add the Blu-ray/HD DVD plug-in to the cart, it just loads up another page for buying stuff.

Back