• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Snow White & The 7 Dwarfs

I would have thought that dodgy discs would have backed up easier than real ones though.

Not if they're damaged. Either your drive, drivers, or the original discs are faulty here. It's possible they are the original discs that are suffering from quality control issues. But what BigBaaaMack posted is what you should be seeing, and obviously Anydvd and Clonedvd work on this R1 title without any issues.

If you want you can try http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3
but I strongly suspect the issue is with your source discs.

Last edited:
Sad At The Bad

Not if they're damaged. Either your drive, drivers, or the original discs are faulty here. It's possible they are the original discs that are suffering from quality control issues. But what BigBaaaMack posted is what you should be seeing, and obviously Anydvd and Clonedvd work on this R1 title without any issues.

If you want you can try http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3
but I strongly suspect the issue is with your source discs.

All I can say then is thanks for all your help on this.....I don't suppose I'll be able to push for a refund on the basis that they don't back up LOL!
They do play ok, and who knows, maybe if I try them again in 6 months or so when everything is updated, they might even backup. I'll stick them in my collection, and save up the £60 or so for the R2 Edition:( .

Once again, thanks to yourself & BigBaaaMack for all your help.

All I can say then is thanks for all your help on this.....I don't suppose I'll be able to push for a refund on the basis that they don't back up LOL!

Maybe the discs you have weren't released in R1, but somewhere else (this kind of matters in terms of setting drive and Anydvd region settings possibly)? They certainly weren't released like that officially in Canada or the United States (unless those discs are damaged).

R1 ???

Maybe the discs you have weren't released in R1, but somewhere else (this kind of matters in terms of setting drive and Anydvd region settings possibly)? They certainly weren't released like that officially in Canada or the United States (unless those discs are damaged).

I'm inclined to think that the discs are damaged in some way, rather than bootleg. The Box/cover and booklets look original.....seems an awful lot of trouble to go to for bootlegs. I've knowingly bought "Asian imports" before, and you can always tell the difference with them....thin paper print cover, screenprint labels etc.......but these look the real deal.
I'll have to put it down to the fact that there's a batch of badun's out there....and I got both of them!
A well, such is life......try to save a quid, and it ends up costing you more....there's a lesson in there somewhere lol.

Thanks again guys,
All the best from cold, wet Scotland!

Diddly,

I am sorry if you did indeed purchase something that is not authentic. Unfortunately, as with Ebay, there are dubious sellers on Amazon. I would be especially leery if the item in question is Out of Print. I would suggest you take the matter up with the seller. I'm quite sure Amazon must have some code of ethics.

There are other ways to tell if a disc is the real deal. Here is the information from DvdInfoPro:

Disc 1

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1
Media code/Manufacturer ID N/A Pressed DVD
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Volume Name SNOW_WHITE
UDF Application id None
UDF Implementation id None
UDF Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 8/ 2/2001 14:53:17
Format Capacity 7.84GB(8.42GB)
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-ROM
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 3EBFD9h
Layer 0 end sector 22A2CFh
Linear Density 0.293um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 2
Layer Track Path direction (OTP) Opposite track path

Complete Media Code

This is a pressed disc. Both booktype and media type are dvd rom . Manufacture date is also recorded.

Most times the holograms in the center hub will have numbers coinciding with the upc code. In this case (G5060) I believe is the number for Disc 1.

BTW. A new Platinum Edition is slated for release in 2008 or 2009.

Last edited:
Authentic?

Diddly,

I am sorry if you did indeed purchase something that is not authentic. Unfortunately, as with Ebay, there are dubious sellers on Amazon. I would be especially leery if the item in question is Out of Print. I would suggest you take the matter up with the seller. I'm quite sure Amazon must have some code of ethics.

There are other ways to tell if a disc is the real deal. Here is the information from DvdInfoPro:

Disc 1

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Volume Name SNOW_WHITE
UDF Application id None
UDF Implementation id None
UDF Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 8/ 2/2001 14:53:17
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-ROM
Data area end sector 3EBFD9h
Layer 0 end sector 22A2CFh
Number of Layers 2

Complete Media Code

This is a pressed disc. Both booktype and media type are dvd rom . Manufacture date is also recorded.

Most times the holograms in the center hub will have numbers coinciding with the upc code. In this case (G5060) I believe is the number for Disc 1.

BTW. A new Platinum Edition is slated for release in 2008 or 2009.

Thanks for this, I guess that about cans it....I got done! I don't have the prog you are using, but this is what I get on the Nero info tool:

Type: DVD Video
Capacity: 7.84GB
Layers: 2
Version: 1
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Disc Size: 12cm
Copy Protection: N/A
File System: ISO9660, UDF
title: SNOW_WHITE
Date: 24 November 2001
Publisher: STILL_IN_MOTION
Application: N/A
Video Format: N/A
Region(s): N/A
Play Time N/A

The publisher bit is rather worrying, as is of course, the fact that it's not region coded. I hate to admit it, but I think I got stiffed on this one....and one of them is from a so called "reputable Amazon Dealer", with plenty good feedback, so I thought I was ok there. Granted, the other was from a new start on Amazon with no feedback,so I really should have known better on that one.
I am at this point unsure of how to proceed....I can't get in touch with them & say "Your discs are not real because I can't back them up!". I would have to find a more "subtle", shall we say, way of saying it. They do, as I say, look real to all intents and purposes, and if not for the deeper delving that has been done on them, I would have sat them on the shelf like a normal person, and never known the difference!
Trust me not to be normal:D

Thanks for the info, I'll try to find a way to get around this with the sellers....perhaps they were duped too? Who can tell?

Cheers.

Diddly,

You could report your findings of DvdInfoPro. The program is free for a 90 day trial. I use this program for CRC checking, especially if I'm not going to view right away. All authentic discs will be pressed. I'm not sure if Nero Info Tool will report as pressed?

Good Luck.

DVDInfo

Diddly,

You could report your findings of DvdInfoPro. The program is free for a 90 day trial. I use this program for CRC checking, especially if I'm not going to view right away. All authentic discs will be pressed. I'm not sure if Nero Info Tool will report as pressed?

Good Luck.

downloaded the prog....says 28 days trial, but what the hey....info as follows:

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
CSS Protected No
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Volume Name Snow_White
UDF Application id
UDF Implementation id
UDF Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 11/24/2001 21:02:29
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-ROM
Data area end sector 3EB95Fh
Layer 0 end sector 2260AFh
Number of Layers 2

That's on disc 1, let me know if you want to see the info for disc 2. I notice it does say Pressed....but all region, and no CSS Protection, I don't have AnyDVD running by the way, so it's not that.
Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

28 day trial? Nick has changed it again. The program used to be free, with adverts, $10 without. After there was a 90 day trial and a cost of $20.

Disc 2

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Volume Name SNOWWHITE_BONUS
UDF Application id None
UDF Implementation id Daikin U.S. Comtec Lab
UDF Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 7/30/2001 15:33:09
Format Capacity 7.94GB(8.52GB)
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-ROM
Data area end sector 3F818Fh
Number of Layers 2
Layer Track Path direction (PTP) Parallel track path

Complete Media Code

Can one fake press? I have a large collection of Disney's, but none are regionfree or without protection.

Can one fake press?

Yes.

I see three possibilities:

1. Protect-dvd is very very nasty (especially those German R2 releases). Maybe this wasn't a R1 release, just a NTSC release somewhere outside of North America that has really nasty Protect-dvd protection on it.

2. Maybe the disc is damaged, and Anydvd is wrongly identifying Protect-dvd protection as a result of the damage.

3. Maybe this is a bootleg that's damaged.

Last edited:
Diddly, can you post a UPC code, and does the packaging on the slip case indicate in what country your copy was released? It would be useful to know where yours was released.

Disc 2 info

28 day trial? Nick has changed it again. The program used to be free, with adverts, $10 without. After there was a 90 day trial and a cost of $20.

Disc 2

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Application id None
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-ROM
Number of Layers 2
Layer Track Path direction (PTP) Parallel track path

Complete Media Code

Can one fake press? I have a large collection of Disney's, but none are regionfree or without protection.

This is from my disc 2:
Media Information
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
CSS Protected No
UDF Format Type V1.02
UDF Application id
Book Type DVD-ROM
Media Type DVD-ROM
Layer 0 end sector 22C4BFh
Number of Layers 2

it seems that the only difference is that my disc isn't region coded! How strange is that? Hang on......I think I hear the X-files tune starting!

Cheers.

UPC Code

Diddly, can you post a UPC code, and does the packaging on the slip case indicate in what country your copy was released? It would be useful to know where yours was released.

UPC Code as follows:
786936150605 - Stock# 22254A on proof of purchase.

Says authorized for sale in U.S.A only. made & printed in U.S.A. (22254-1).
Region 1 logo, and NTSC logo.
It looks like an R1, it walks like an R1......but it ain't quackin' is it?

Hope this helps solve what seems to be a bit of a mystery.

Cheers

I would tend to agree on Disc 2, that it's damaged. I ran the CRC check on the DVDinfo tool, and that confirms that.
I also ran the tool on disc 1, and it came up clean....no errors. This still doesn't explain why ClonDVD2 won't open an undamaged disc with appearently very little or no protection on it???? (Disc 1)

I contacted one of the sellers, and he said he wasn't aware of this region code problem, and that he imported them from other Amazon sellers in the US. So no help there.

Looks like I got the factory rejects!

Cheers.:confused:

This still doesn't explain why ClonDVD2 won't open an undamaged disc with appearently very little or no protection on it???? (Disc 1)

I suspect it is damaged.

Looks like I got the factory rejects!

Commerical Region 1 discs sold in the U.S. definitely did not have protect-dvd on them.

I suspect it is damaged.

Commerical Region 1 discs sold in the U.S. definitely did not have protect-dvd on them.

The question is still:
Why does DVDShrink handle disc 1 without problems, but CloneDVD2 won't even open it?

Cheers.

I suspect it is damaged.

I just did something out of curiosity....I uninstalled AnyDVD 6.1.3.3, and installed a pre HD version, the one immediately before it actually, and accoding to that one, there is no protection at all on disc 1....no invalid program chains, no protect-DVD....nothing. Shrink still handles it with this, but CloneDVD2 still refuses to open it...same error as B4.
Now I'm really confused!!!:confused: :confused:

Back