• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Xlobby and HD-DVD

guile

I posted this on the Xlobby forum for anybody interested, here it is.

After playing with this for quite a while, I thought it would be a REAL problem. Girder methods may work but the gml that was posted in another thread, didn't work for me (not to mention it is a very sloppy method if it does work). I think it may have been for an old version of Powerdvd anyways.

I have quite a few hd-dvd's on my hard drive and want very much to play them through Xlobby. I was thinking since .evo is the file format of hd-dvd's, that would be the extension to associate. Wrong.

In editing the .xpl file (hd-dvd's version of xml), I released that by launching just this file, it would in fact play the entire directory (read, the hd-dvd movie). So, I associated Powerdvd with .xpl, and added "%parameter%" without the quotes. After you add the movie directory, it will be picked up as adj_obj, as that is the associated dir. Just go into the database and rename it whatever movie, and wallah, Perfect HD-DVD playback within Xlobby. Next stop...Blu Ray.

Hope this helps somebody.

g

yeah, that's nice, i'm doing something similar with my xpl file, too bad you cant play bluray movies with a single file yet

yeah, that's nice, i'm doing something similar with my xpl file, too bad you cant play bluray movies with a single file yet

Actually you can play m2ts with Zoom player. No menu but you do get the benefit of Zooms Vmr9 exclusive renderless (albeit buggy).

g

Back