• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD-CD Drive confusion

Tina68

My mom installed any dvd and clone dvd on her computer for the trial version. She has her dvd writer (drive E) seperate from her cd writer (drive F). When she goes through clone dvd process on the title configuration page it comes up as it should E:/Video_TS but when you get to the Output Method page the drive that shows up is the drive F. So she can't write to any dvd's. Is there any way to change this.

My mom installed any dvd and clone dvd on her computer for the trial version. She has her dvd writer (drive E) seperate from her cd writer (drive F). When she goes through clone dvd process on the title configuration page it comes up as it should E:/Video_TS but when you get to the Output Method page the drive that shows up is the drive F. .

Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 step by step
(print it out if you have to)

In step 8, click the circular arrow buttons to the right of "dvd video files", and select drive "F".

Read step 16, and in step 17 select drive "E".

I can only select drive E in step 8 and can only select drive F in step 16. It doesn't give me a choice. I need drive E to be in step 16 not drive F.

A question.
Your mom's hard drive is 'C' (Is 'D' the second hard drive?) ?
If she has both opticals on the same IDE cable she's going to have to skip the "on the fly copying" and rip her DVDs to one of the hard drives first; then burn it to disk.
So it should look like this, rip to hard drive 'C', remove DVD from drive 'E'.
Put blank in drive 'E' and write movie from 'C' to 'E'.
Since DVD writers will burn CDs and DVD-ROM drives are only $20 I'd ditch the CD writer.
That way you can just put the movie in the ROM and a blank in the DVD writer and tell Clone DVD to rip to 'C' and then write to 'E'.

I can only select drive E in step 8 .

When you click the circular arrows, you should see "my computer". Click the plus sign next to it. You should then see drive letters. Select the appropriate drive letter. If you do not see the appropriate drive, something is matter with your system.

I'm not too sure why it wouldn't be listing drive "E" in step 16--unless drive E isn't actually a dvd burner.

Please do step 8 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393 so I can see the drive info.
Thank you

Last edited:
If she has both opticals on the same IDE cable she's going to have to skip the "on the fly copying" and rip her DVDs to one of the hard drives first; then burn it to disk.

Clonedvd doesn't do anything "on the fly" unless you choose "write existing data".

Back