• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot Install Windows Vista Ultimate with AnyDVD

jerricho

Running Windows XP SP2 and I cannot install Windows Vista Ultimate with AnyDVD 6.1.3.2 installed.

I try to read the DVD and there's just a readme file in there that says something to the effect of "Your drive must support the 13284 UDF system" or something like that.

Help?

Be specific... do you mean with AnyDVD merely installed or do you mean with it actually running?? Turn it off and try again.

-W

I ran some test on this over the weekend and can honestly say that all works well on vista ultimate 32 bit and 64 bit.

Be specific... do you mean with AnyDVD merely installed or do you mean with it actually running?? Turn it off and try again.

-W

With AnyDVD installed. Running or not.

I tried to disable AnyDVD and I still get the same results.

To the 2nd poster, I am trying to get Vista installed, not run Vista with AnyDVD, thanks for your input but it's not relavent.

jerricho...........What type of install of Vista are you attempting? "Upgrade"(install Vista over XP) install? At what point of the install process does Vista stop?

I am confident that this problem isn't related to AnyDVD at all.

I am confident that this problem isn't related to AnyDVD at all.

Well James, I hate to burst your bubble but it is indeed a problem with AnyDVD.

I went thru the registry and removed the lowerfilter

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

LowerFilters | REG_MULTI_SZ | AnyDVD

Rebooted my machine and I could see the content of the DVD at this point.

So, now what?

Well James, I hate to burst your bubble but it is indeed a problem with AnyDVD.

I went thru the registry and removed the lowerfilter

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

LowerFilters | REG_MULTI_SZ | AnyDVD

Rebooted my machine and I could see the content of the DVD at this point.

So, now what?

I am puzzled.

To the 2nd poster, I am trying to get Vista installed, not run Vista with AnyDVD,

Disabling AnyDVD isn't quite the same as exiting it. When you right click it, and click exit - it's gone. When you disable it, it's still running in a way.

As for the rest, I'd never try to install an MS-OS as an "upgrade" - best to install Vista on a clean formatted drive.

-W

I just checked my system and I have the same Lower Filter string even when AnyDVD is not running.
And even upon reboot, with AnyDVD's autostart disabled - that string is *still* there? What's it for??

-W

Last edited:
Disabling AnyDVD isn't quite the same as exiting it.
No, it is exactly the same thing, except that the AnyDVD process is still running, but doing absolutely nothing.

No, it is exactly the same thing, except that the AnyDVD process is still running, but doing absolutely nothing.

Which is what I meant. (ie Disabling it does not actually unload it from RAM. )

What's that Lower Filter registry string for anyway?

-W

Last edited:
Which is what I meant. (ie Disabling it does not actually unload it from RAM. )

What's that Lower Filter registry string for anyway?

-W
It loads lower filter drivers (those sitting between the class and the port driver) into the stack.
For example, if you remove the AnyDVD entry AnyDVD.sys will not be loaded anymore (making AnyDVD unoperational).

Back