• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Snow White & The 7 Dwarfs

diddly

I happened to mention I was having problems with the R1 Platinum Edition of this in the thread for The Queen, but I didn't want to post a full reply in that thread, so started this one.
Having probs with the bonus disc....when I put it in the drive, I get this from AnyDVD:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5170A 1.11 JUL19,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2081984 sectors (4066 MBytes)
Total size: 4161936 sectors (8128 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SNOWWHITE_BONUS
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed ProtectDVD-Video protection!
Found & removed invalid program chain(s)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

If I then try to do a full disc backup on CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3 I get:
Unable to read video files from F:/VIDEO_TS
F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO: unable to open file
Details:
File 0 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO 23

If I try to rip the files to the hard drive using AnyDVD, it says it can't read any of the VOB's (more than 57 of them).

DVDShrink comes up with cyclic redundancy error.
DVDFab Platinum can't read the files.
DVD Decrypter reads all files with the exception of VTS_26_1.VOB & VTS_27_1.VOB.
If I open the disc in Windows to look at the files, it reads them all as 0 bytes.

At this point, I thought "faulty disc", so I bought another one, and got exactly the same problem, and with the same files. Both discs are in mint condition.
I have 2 drives, one set to R2, and one to R1, same problem on both.
I thought I would wait until I had exhausted all my options, and I think I'm there now!
Anyone have any ideas that I haven't tried?:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

Media is region free.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!"

1. I'm not sure if this is the issue, but switch Anydvd to emulate region 1 instead of region 2.
Test again. If it works don't bother with steps 2 and 3.

2. Do http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=395

3. Click Start, Run
type regedit

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check the values in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List everything there

Last edited:
1. I'm not sure if this is the issue, but switch Anydvd to emulate region 1 instead of region 2.
Test again. If it works don't bother with steps 2 and 3.

2. Do http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=395

3. Click Start, Run
type regedit

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check the values in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List everything there

Ok, thanks for this, starting at the top, setting AnyDVD to emulate R1 made no difference.
Opened the disc, selected all 57 IFO's and tried to copy to HDD. Cyclic Redundancy errors on 56 of them! Can't get them to copy off the disc. Will sending the one that did copy (VIDEO_TS.IFO: 74kb...all the others read as 0 bytes) do any good do you think?

In the reg: Lower Filters: REG_MULTI_SZ AnyDVD ElbyDelay PxHelp20 Pfc
Upper Filters: REG_MULTI_SZ

That's it so far, let me know if it's worth sending just the 1 IFO in or not.

Thanks.

IFO's

Ok, thanks for this, starting at the top, setting AnyDVD to emulate R1 made no difference.
Opened the disc, selected all 57 IFO's and tried to copy to HDD. Cyclic Redundancy errors on 56 of them! Can't get them to copy off the disc. Will sending the one that did copy (VIDEO_TS.IFO: 74kb...all the others read as 0 bytes) do any good do you think?

In the reg: Lower Filters: REG_MULTI_SZ AnyDVD ElbyDelay PxHelp20 Pfc
Upper Filters: REG_MULTI_SZ

That's it so far, let me know if it's worth sending just the 1 IFO in or not.

Thanks.

Ok, I can get all the IFO's off the disc using DVD Decrypter (strange, it finds 58 of them, not 57?).....will those be ok to send do you think?

I figure there's 3 possible scenarios:

1. After thinking about this issue a little more, are you sure you're not trying to backup dvd-rom (computer) features on the second disc? Check the preview screen in Clonedvd2 and click on each title. If nothing is showing up when you click on a title in the preview screen, uncheck it.
The only way to do a full disc backup including the dvd-rom features would be to use Clonecd with Anydvd and Verbatim +R DL media (for example).
Otherwise, you will need to make sure you're not selecting titles in Clonedvd2 that correspond with dvd-rom features that might be on the disc. It's impossible to backup dvd-rom features with Clonedvd2.

2. It's possible there's some protection on the disc that Anydvd can't handle. As you can't produce the ifos without getting CRC errors, Slysoft may need to order the movie.

3. It's entirely possible you received two bad discs (it's not unheard of).

Last edited:
Ok, I can get all the IFO's off the disc using DVD Decrypter (strange, it finds 58 of them, not 57?).....will those be ok to send do you think?

Provided Anydvd was disabled at the time, then perhaps. I'm not sure. That's certainly not the normal way to get them.

Will sending the one that did copy (VIDEO_TS.IFO: 74kb...all the others read as 0 bytes) do any good do you think?

I doubt it.

Your filters look fine to me. PFC comes with Nero, and Pxhelp can come with 1-Click and other software; I doubt those would conflict with Anydvd.

from http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html

PFC - Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder.

pxhelp20 - Part of Sonic Burning engine, it's made by prassi/veritas and licensed to Sonic. Comes with Winamp, 1click DivxToDVD and (older versoins of) Digion Audio.

Last edited:
Dvd-rom

1. After thinking about this issue a little more, are you sure you're not trying to backup dvd-rom (computer) features on the second disc? Check the preview screen in Clonedvd2 and click on each title. If nothing is showing up when you click on a title in the preview screen, uncheck it.
The only way to do a full disc backup including the dvd-rom features would be to use Clonecd with Anydvd and Verbatim +R DL media (for example).
Otherwise, you will need to make sure you're not selecting titles in Clonedvd2 that correspond with dvd-rom features that might be on the disc.

2. It's possible there's some protection on the disc that Anydvd can't handle. As you can't produce the ifos without getting CRC errors, Slysoft may need to order the movie.

3. It's entirely possible you received two bad discs (it's not unheard of).

As CloneDVD2 refuses to even open the disc, I can't use the preview feature.
There doesn't appear to be any ROM features on the disc that I can find (managed to get preview feature on FABdvd & all titles appear to be video rather than ROM, but they won't copy from the disc...CRC again), there were ROM features on disc 1, and funnily enough, CloneDVD2 wouldn't open that one either, but I got the movie done on Shrink, and the ROM stuff copied off seperately, and then put it all back together in Nero Burning ROM. The ROM features normally show in folders outside the VIDEO_TS folder on the disc...nothing there though, just the normal VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders.

I suppose there is the remote possibility that I got 2 bad discs from 2 different sources that both have exactly the same errors......spooky!

I'll try sending in the IFO's that I got from Decrypter and see if they make any sense (I turned off all the decrypting features first, and used it to do a straight copy the files, so I hope they will be ok).

Thanks

As CloneDVD2 refuses to even open the disc, I can't use the preview feature.
There doesn't appear to be any ROM features on the disc that I can find

Hmm. It seems to me that Amazon is listing dvd-rom features on disc 2.
http://www.amazon.com/White-Dwarfs-Disney-Special-Platinum/dp/B00003CXCQ

And this person was trying to backup dvd-rom features (but I have no idea whether it was disc 1 or 2 this person was trying to back up):

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=195664

But all other sources are indicating the dvd-rom features are on disc 1, so you're probably right.

(managed to get preview feature on FABdvd & all titles appear to be video rather than ROM, but they won't copy from the disc...CRC again),

One would imagine that if these discs were fine and just contained video that one of these programs you tried would have worked by now--unless, of course, there's a protection on these discs that these programs can't handle.
But crc errors are normally associated with the following:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=324

The ROM features normally show in folders outside the VIDEO_TS folder on the disc...nothing there though, just the normal VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders.

Right. Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not too sure what the problem is. I would imagine it's either the protection (and ProtectDVD-Video is supposed to be kinda nasty, but Anydvd is saying it removed it without issue) or bad discs.

Last edited:
please post the Anydvd status window for disc 1

Can you please post the Anydvd status window for disc 1? Thanks

The thing is if Anydvd can handle the protection on the first disc, then I fail to see why the second disc would be so difficult, unless it is faulty/damaged in some manner.

Last edited:
Disc 1 Status

Can you please post the Anydvd status window for disc 1? Thanks

The thing is if Anydvd can handle the protection on the first disc, then I fail to see why the second disc would be so difficult, unless it is faulty/damaged in some manner.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S GS03 FEB23 ,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2056368 sectors (4016 MBytes)
Total size: 4110688 sectors (8028 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Snow_White
Media is region free.

Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

I noticed that this is saying my drive hes no region set....but according to properties in Windows, it's set to R1. Freaky!
When I try to use CloneDVD2 on this one, I get exactly the same error as on disc 2, same IFO and everything, but at least Shrink manged to do this one instead.
As I was saying, if I want to keep the ROM features, I compress the movie files on their own first of all, and then I open the disc in Windows and copy all the ROM features to the HDD. I then use Nero burning Rom to add the VIDEO_TS files in the normal way, and add the extras (ROM stuff) outside the VIDEO_TS folder as it was on the original, and then burn it. I've never had any problems with that, as it means I don't lose any of the features, but I can still get it on a DVD5 disc.
I've sent off the IFO's that I got from Decrypter to see if that helps.

So if, as you say, AnyDVD is handling the protection ok, then does the fault lie with the compression side for some reason? On CloneDVD for example, I mean, it had problems with The Queen when Shrink didn't.....just a thought.

Thanks.

I noticed that this is saying my drive hes no region set....but according to properties in Windows, it's set to R1. Freaky!

1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
2. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
3.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
4. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on the LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S device.
5. Click "properties".
6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
7. Select Region 1 to match the disc.
8. Start Anydvd
9. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
10. Change the default Region to "1: United States Canada"
11. Click Ok
12. Give me the Anydvd status window again

Last edited:
Region

1.Exit Anydvd
2. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
3.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
4. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on the dvd rom device.
5. Click "properties".
6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
7. Select Region 1 to match the disc.
8. Start Anydvd
9. Go to Video dvd--->settings
10. Change the default Region to "1: United States Canada"
11. Click Ok
12. Give me the Anydvd status window again

When I went to the properties, it was already listed as set to R1, as I said, but I did it again, and AnyDVD is recognizing it as region set to R1 now.
Status as follows:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S GS03 FEB23 ,2006

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2056368 sectors (4016 MBytes)
Total size: 4110688 sectors (8028 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Snow_White
Media is region free.

Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

CloneDVD2 still won't open it....same IFO error as before.
I double checked disc 2, definately no ROM features on there, only on Disc 1.

Cheers.

That seems weird to me.

And this seems even weirder--especially for a Disney R1 release.

Is this an official commercial release? You bought it from a legitimate source, right?

Is it possible to do http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=395 for disc 1 please?

I agree, I thought it strange as well, but I bought both from different sellers on Amazon UK. Covers are correct, booklet included etc., everything seems ok on them. Barcode matches up as well. Holograms look real too. I thought it was strange just because I'm not used to R1's, I usually get R2's, but they were too expensive!
Would a non-legitimate disc have all the other protection on it?
I'll see if I can get the IFO's off of disc 1 and send them in.

Cheers

Would a non-legitimate disc have all the other protection on it?

Maybe it's not protection that Anydvd is detecting--but faults with a bad pressing are triggering something.
I've never seen a region free, no css disc released by Disney that comes from R1.

Anyway, is it possible to do this with disc 1?
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=395

Last edited:
Disc 1

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 000630054152LF5257

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2073296 sectors (4049 MBytes)
Total size: 4112346 sectors (8031 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SNOW_WHITE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Structural copy protection not found.

Disc 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Media is CSS protected!

Clone Dvd did NOT have any errors opening disc!

Disc 1

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2073296 sectors (4049 MBytes)
Total size: 4112346 sectors (8031 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SNOW_WHITE
Media is CSS protected!

Disc 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Media is CSS protected!

Clone Dvd did NOT have any errors opening disc!

Hi,

Thank you so much for posting this.

Diddly, there's something really weird about your discs. They might be bad bootlegs or possibly damaged. I dunno. But what BigBaaaMack posted is what I would expect. You don't have DVD43 or any other decryption program running at the same times as Anydvd, right?

Regards,

Webslinger

Last edited:
AnyDVD

Hi,

Thank you so much for posting this.

Diddly, there's something really weird about your discs. They might be bad bootlegs or possibly damaged. I dunno. But what BigBaaaMack posted is what I would expect. You don't have DVD43 or any other decryption program running at the same times as Anydvd, right?

Regards,

Webslinger

No, nothing else running, just AnyDVD.
As for them being bootlegs, I didn't think that would happen on Amazon! The cover Has all the silvery foil bits on it and everything....and the booklet looks original. Disc labelling seems to be right, and they are pressed rather than burnt. These were listed as rare and original. Please don't tell me I got ripped off! And twice at that! I would have thought that dodgy discs would have backed up easier than real ones though. Is there any way to tell for sure?
I've sent off the IFO's for disc 1 to Slysoft Support.

thanks to BigBaaaMack for posting his results.

Cheers

I would have thought that dodgy discs would have backed up easier than real ones though.

Not if they're damaged. Either your drive, drivers, or the original discs are faulty here. It's possible they are the original discs that are suffering from quality control issues. But what BigBaaaMack posted is what you should be seeing, and obviously Anydvd and Clonedvd work on this R1 title without any issues.

Back