• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble w/Rocky Balboa

plundin

I am using any DVD and update as often as prompted by the updates that are sent me. I am also using DVD shrink. I can copy the disk but when you go to play it my dvd player acts as though it's not there. Any suggestions?

The computer sees the disk, files and so forth but will not play it. I can turn around and copy the disk,but again it won't start to play.

The computer sees the disk, files and so forth but will not play it. I can turn around and copy the disk,but again it won't start to play.

How did you attempt to use Shrink with Anydvd?

If you just want the main movie, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". Do not select "Remove unreferenced and blank cells". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

Wow, you are very good. From what I have read you really know your stuff, thank you for the advice, it worked great. I used Shrink and Anydvd like this:

Anydvd is open on the task bar, I put the source disk in drive D, the destination disk in drive f. I choose open disk and it analyzes. Once that is finished I choose back up and usually eveything is cool, lately sony stuff has been giving me the worst trouble. A recent movie "The Holiday" which is Sony went through just fine. When everything is done the destination disk pops open and we are done. I am using Anydvd 6.1.3.2 and shrink 3.2.

Wow, you are very good.

I'm no better than anyone else, but thank you for the compliment.

Anydvd is open on the task bar, I put the source disk in drive D, the destination disk in drive f. I choose open disk and it analyzes. Once that is finished I choose back up and usually eveything is cool, lately sony stuff has been giving me the worst trouble. A recent movie "The Holiday" which is Sony went through just fine. When everything is done the destination disk pops open and we are done. I am using Anydvd 6.1.3.2 and shrink 3.2.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the newer Sony protected discs cannot be backed up using Anydvd and Shrink only (for full disc backups including full menus, etc.). If you just want the main movie, you can use Anydvd ripper with Shrink using the method I posted previously.

Please read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully
(take your time; scroll through it)

There are freeware third party solutions for full disc backups with Shrink (these include dvdfabdecrypter and Ripit4me). If you would like more information about those programs, please post in the Third Party Application section of the forum asking for more information.

Thank you and Take care

Last edited:
Hi,
I am trying to rip to hardrive using the method you mentioned above and I am still getting an error about 55%% through,
I have dvdfab and ripit4me, and I canot get Rocky Balboa using those either, '
Can anoyone tell me a way to get this movie?
I am completely running out of options here. I have been doing this for a long time and have never had a problem like this one,
Any info or help is greatly appreciated

Hi,
I am trying to rip to hardrive using the method you mentioned above and I am still getting an error about 55%% through,
I am completely running out of options here. I have been doing this for a long time and have never had a problem like this one,

You can try the free trial offer of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and they should be able to do the DVD. FYI both of the rippers you mentioned can do the movie as reported on other forums. You might just have a bad mastering press and the original needs to be exchanged

you think clone and anydvd will work? i have never used clone,
what extra step would i need to do if i downloaded cloan?

basically what I will try is to rip it to hardrive using anydvd, then reauthor for just the movie like you mentioned,
where does clone fit into this?

you think clone and anydvd will work? i have never used clone,
what extra step would i need to do if i downloaded cloan?

basically what I will try is to rip it to hardrive using anydvd, then reauthor for just the movie like you mentioned,
where does clone fit into this?

If 3 programs are failing for you (and as far as I know they all work), then chances are your original disc is bad.

Ignore the reply above, it did not work using Ripit4me and Decrypter, it keeps saying that the dvd is scratched or dirty but its not as its a brand new dvd, must be problems with these dvds.

Ignore the reply above, it did not work using Ripit4me and Decrypter, it keeps saying that the dvd is scratched or dirty but its not as its a brand new dvd, must be problems with these dvds.

Quality control issues are common now. Even if the discs play fine, they may still be damaged in some manner.

had no problems with balboa using newest versions of anydvd and clonedvd2 got menus and all

I used Anydvd 6.1.3.2 and the latest clonedvd and had no problems with Rocky Balboa, Blood Diamond, The holiday or Eragon. I ould recommend you use clonedvd instead of shrink. Seems to be many problems with people trying to use shrink. good luck

This has turned into a thrird party product discussion, this is the Slysoft Forum to discuss AnyDVD and CloneDVD etc. All other products should be discussed in the third party forum. Please remember
Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by SlySoft and it is not an affiliate program link for vBulletin or any other affiliate program.
:policeman: Thread moved to Third Party Products.

Hi,
Give the 21 day free trial of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 a try, and all your problems will be gone.:agree:

Yes, they will!

Give the 21 day free trial of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 a try, and all your problems will be gone.:agree:

I totally agree with Slysoft 1. Ever since I started using CloneDVD 2 with AnyDVD, I have not had a single issue with a movie back-up. I have Nero Recode 2, I never use it anymore. Never. The Slysoft products make life easy in the back-up world.:agree:

Heh... moved to the 3rd party forum right in the midlle of 5 posts in a row plugging AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. Priceless. :D

-W

Back