• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Has Anyone gotten Bolt to work?

No problem with Bolt

Just used AnyDVD plus CloneDVD 2 using the DVD-5 setting. I also removed all audio streams except English, Worked fine. Could possibly be a flawed original disk?

Last edited:
Just used AnyDVD plus CloneDVD 2 using the DVD-5 setting. I also removed all audio streams except English, Worked fine. Could possibly be a flawed original disk?

But this is the CloneDVD mobile forum. CloneDVD mobile doesn't contain as powerful a ripping engine as CloneDVD or the AnyDVD ripper. These days I recommend always first ripping the disc to be converted to your HDD with either CloneDVD or the AnyDVD ripper and then use CloneDVD mobile on the resulting files.

Since the OP has not posted much info for people to go on other than CloneDVD mobile crashes at 3% there isn't much help people can give and I am far from an expert when it comes to CloneDVD mobile.

I have used anydvd and clonedvd to put in on my hard drive like I always do. I am not new to this. I am trying to make a PSP file. at 3% it stops. I dont know how to add the dump files

My apologies

I'm sorry for replying in the wrong forum. I was reading from 'Todays Posts' and therefore was reading in all forums. I have my computer set to high contrast large font, which pushes all information about what forum i'm reading off the screen far to the right. If I don't scroll, I never see any of it. Again, I abologize for my mistake. Seems like I do stuff like this all too often. Since I don't se all that well, I'll try not to post unless I'm absolutely sure of where I'm at.

Last edited:
I have used anydvd and clonedvd to put in on my hard drive like I always do. I am not new to this. I am trying to make a PSP file. at 3% it stops. I dont know how to add the dump files

I never said you were knew. What I said if you didn't give much information to go on... which you didn't.

If there is an option to copy and paste the log files then paste them into a text file and zip it up and post it as an attachment.

The latest beta, which is quite old, has issues and unfortunately this leads to problems with some profiles and types of conversions. Due to this fact, my lack of a full grasp of the product and the fact that a newer update is coming that is a re-incarnation of the product but with a newer engine, I am holding off and waiting for the new version before I do any conversions.

Post whatever log files and error messages that you can and Fernando or someone who is familiar with translating and reading the error codes will post a reply if they have an answer.

Having problems with Bolt too...

I have ripped with AnyDVD and CloneDVD just fine, but when I try to use clonedvd mobile using VOB passthrough, the movie won't play right. I've used this method for literally hundreds of other movies and I've ripped Bolt with two different disks now, both with the same result.

I don't have the timestamp, but at the end of the pet store scene at the beginning of the movie (probably around the 3% mark) and in several other places it will skip 20-30+ seconds.

I'm now using clonedvd mobile to re-encode to an mp4 (h264) file and it seems to be working fine so far. I'll report back in when it's done. Strange that VOB pass-through won't work.

Using the latest beta it crashes at 3% for me as well. I've attach the log and the dump.

I was using the latest release version. It didn't crash, but it wouldn't play right either.

Attachments

• Bolt.zip
    485.8 KB · Views: 0
For sure stay with 1.2.0.1. I did Bolt just fine with it for my iTouch.

It seems to depend on what setting you use in the app. If I do vob pass-through it will complete, but it won't play correctly. I think conversion to mp4 would have worked, but I canceled it to try the beta. I really want to use a pass-through option as I don't want to compress or re-encode.

If you've made a successful backup of Bolt to a DVD, try making your vob pass-through from it rather than the original.

I'm using version 1.2.0.1 and have tried everything I suggested to you, am in fact watching the pass-through on the PS3 now. The mp4 for the iPod touch works fine too. So I guess I'm out of ideas.

Don't know what to say.. I know what I'm doing, I've been using these apps for years with 100% success. I've now tried with two Bolt DVD's and both did the same thing. The only odd thing to me about the disks is that both were bought from a blockbuster and both show Bolt_US_Rental (may not be exact title, but very close). So I don't know if the retail dvd's are different.

Anyways, I ran the backup through DVD shrink and basically put DVD Shrink in a pass-through configuration, then ran the output of that back through CloneDVD mobile to combine VOB's and it worked.

Just as an FYI, my copy says the same thing about rental, I suspect a lot of them do. As an afterthought I did rip this movie to the HDD and made the, movie only, backup with Nero recode. Being an animated movie recode seems to make them more vibrant on the big screen than does CloneDVD. You used shrink to make it work and the two are very close in the way they transcode so maybe that is the common denominator.

Don't know what to say.. I know what I'm doing, I've been using these apps for years with 100% success. I've now tried with two Bolt DVD's and both did the same thing. The only odd thing to me about the disks is that both were bought from a blockbuster and both show Bolt_US_Rental (may not be exact title, but very close). So I don't know if the retail dvd's are different.

Anyways, I ran the backup through DVD shrink and basically put DVD Shrink in a pass-through configuration, then ran the output of that back through CloneDVD mobile to combine VOB's and it worked.

I have a question,on both the Bolt movie disks look at them under a lamp(light etc) and tell me if you see a pyramid light discoloration on the disks?
I'm speculting that what they have done was writing bad sectors on purpose this hangs most applications up as they are grouped together so the program can't fill in the jumbled data so it keeps re-trying over and over again.
It's more than likely not needed data and is used as disk space fill ins with the added advantage of preventing legal copies.
Again I'm speculating that the actual good data is on a different layer and the area data preventing copying is pressed on after the dvd is compiled.
I haven't ran any algorithms to see if my speculations are correct but would be interesting to find out if I'm correct.

i have a weird issue as well. from an original store bought Bolt i was able to rip to the HD with anydvd. then in mobile (at least the latest release) it would sit and crank until every drop of drive space was used up. i found a 120gb temp file it created but that was it.

Yep

It did that to me too. I was so exited to try the new version to finaly get bolt to work instead it filled up my entire hard drive and made my computer not work.

Same Here

Hi all,

Tried to back up Bolt (Single disk Region 2) to DIVX format using 1610, mine also stalled at the 3% mark. 1610 then became unresponsive and i had to use task manager to shut it down.

On a side note, had no problem with a single layer backup of the whole disc using AnyDVD to rip and then Clone DVD, worked like a charm.

Thoughts and thanks to all the Slysoft Team and forum mediators, the free support available is unbelievable and appreciated.

Slysoft products are the best, easy to use and clutter free from unwanted or needed steps and add ons.:clap:

Back