• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Won't Burn DVD-R DL Discs

roadracer

CloneDVD v2.9.0.3 running with AnyDVD v6.1.1.3 won't burn RiDATA 4X DVD-R DL 8.5GB discs on burners
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.05 05093000 or
LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S HS0D 2006/03/24 19:11. No problems with DVD+R DL or DVD+R or DVD-R single layer discs. Any ideas?

CloneDVD v2.9.0.3 running with AnyDVD v6.1.1.3 won't burn RiDATA 4X DVD-R DL 8.5GB discs on burners
LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S HS0D 2006/03/24 19:11. No problems with DVD+R DL or DVD+R or DVD-R single layer discs. Any ideas?
I use CloneCD for backing up DL DVD discs.

i doubt your drive are compatible with DVD-R DL as said use the Verbatim DVD+R DL only!!

I am also having a problem w/using DVD-R & altho I have used them before, I have recently become unable to use them. Would that be a problem w/the dvd-r brand, my burner, the programs, or what? I have about 25 left are just sitting since they all of a sudden won't work.
Thanks for any advice.

I am also having a problem w/using DVD-R & altho I have used them before, I have recently become unable to use them. Would that be a problem w/the dvd-r brand, my burner, the programs, or what? I have about 25 left are just sitting since they all of a sudden won't work.
Thanks for any advice.

The information you've provided isn't enough to diagnose anything. You could have simply hit a bunch of bad blank discs.
Your burner could be dying. I can keep guessing, but I'd rather not.

Please visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1451939&postcount=1
and post back here with some answers

Thank you

buttrpecan1 , try updating your firmware on your drive/burner

or your drive maynot like the media, what do they code out as?

i doubt your drive are compatible with DVD-R DL as said use the Verbatim DVD+R DL only!!

I have the same drives (NEC 3550A) both came BUNDLED with RiDATA 4X DVD-R DL media. First one (beige front)came with 1 disc, second one (silver front) came with a 5 pack. I've used all 6 discs (5 movies and one data backup) without issue on my NEC-3550A(s). Not a compatability issue.

Yeah, sorry, these are junk. Some may work; some may not. The quality of them is not consistent at all.
Even if they do work, they may not play a year or two later.

Well, then I'd better backup my data backup to SL media... the movies aren't a big deal tho.

So Verbatim +R DL is the only recommendation for DL? :confused:

So Verbatim +R DL is the only recommendation for DL? :confused:

It's the only recommendation I'll make. And it's the only recommendation I feel comfortable making. I've had too many problems wasting my money on the cheap stuff. And who knows? I may change my mind when Verbatim switches it's +R DL line to India from Singapore. I might not feel comfortable recommending Verbatim +R DL anymore after that.

But other people may recommend you something else.

I have no idea what Slysoft officially recommends.

Last edited:
It's the only recommendation I'll make. And it's the only recommendation I feel comfortable making.

i will second that!!!!!

how do you know which one's are made in singapore and which are not?

The packaging states "Made in Singapore" on the outside of my spindles.

I probably overstated that everything else is junk. But that is my opinion, more or less.

Last edited:
There is a wisecrack to be made here ... but far-be-it from me to be the one to post it! ayS, the packaging will say "Made In Singapore". Webslinger always says to get the MIS but I have never seen Verb DL's made anywhere else. I live in L.A. but maybe in other parts of the world they get different supplies?

Your 5 DL blanks included with your new burner were probably pristine examples of perfect manufacturing runs to be bundled with your drive. The RiDATA media you order in cakeboxes will likely not be of the same quality. Both Weblinger and aabbccdd are far too modest in their recommendation opinions. None of us work for Verbatim. Hard experience has taught virtually all those knowledgeable in making DL backups that at this point in time only one manufacturer is capable of consistently making and stocking distribution channels with flawless DL media: Verbatim. Period.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Webslinger always says to get the MIS but I have never seen Verb DL's made anywhere else. .

The reason for this is because I was tipped off we may be seeing "Made in India" (at least where I am) as early as February, and because I haven't had a chance to use the Made in India stuff yet, I am hesitant to just blindly recommend Verbatim +R DL without specifying Singapore. But who knows? Maybe the made in India stuff will be good too.

Last edited:
Back