• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I can not get AnyDVD to open.

jjones

I had to re install AnyDVD into my computer and now it will not even open. I tryed to uninstall and the reinstall it after a reboot and that did not even fix the problem. The reason I had to reinstall AnyDVD is because after I did an update to it there was a problem ( I think the power went out during the update) AnyDVD told me if the problem pursist to uninstall it and then reinstall it so I did that. Now I can not even get it to open up. I click the shortcut and nothing happens. I have also tryed to open it by the actual target. Any one know what to do?

I did exactly what it said to do up until the point of posting the filters. I found the filters but did not understand that thread. Help would be much appreciated.

I did exactly what it said to do up until the point of posting the filters. I found the filters but did not understand that thread. Help would be much appreciated.

What Operating system are you running? Vista 32 bit? 64?

Click Start, Run
type regedit

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check the values in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List everything there

Lower filters REG_MULTI_SZ PxHelp20
Upper filters REG_MULTI_SZ GEARAspiWDM

Thank you for the help!

Lower filters REG_MULTI_SZ PxHelp20
Upper filters REG_MULTI_SZ GEARAspiWDM

Thank you for the help!

Anydvd isn't installed on your system properly. There's a missing lowerfilter. So something is blocking installation of Anydvd. It could be your firewall or antivirus program.

What OS are you running?

Should I disable them both, and then uninstall, reboot and reinstall?

I forget ot reply to the operating system, it is windows XP.

Should I disable them both, and then uninstall, reboot and reinstall?

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.

At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs

f) Reinstall
g) Reboot
h) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732

At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

You can also try installing in windows safe mode (boot into windows safe mode by holding down f8 on your keyboard while booting).

Some third party application or something on your system is blocking the installation.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the help! Turning off the firwall and antivirus worked perfectly!

Thank you for all the help! Turning off the firwall and antivirus worked perfectly!

You're very welcome!

Before you go, I'm curious what antivirus/firewall combo was blocking Anydvd from being properly installed? And if you had to guess, which program do you think was responsible?

Last edited:
I have Mcafee, that came with Comcast.
I checked McAfee Firewall at the beginning and it said that Anydvd had full access to send and receive so I did not think that was the problem. But I guess it was. Thank you again.

I have Mcafee, that came with Comcast.
I checked McAfee Firewall at the beginning and it said that Anydvd had full access to send and receive so I did not think that was the problem. But I guess it was. Thank you again.

Hmm . . . weird, a firewall could block Anydvd from checking for an update, but that really has nothing to do with anydvd not being installed properly on your system in the first place. Regardless, something Mcafee was doing blocked Anydvd from installing properly.

Anyway, I'm glad your issue is resolved. Take care.

Then maybe it was the McAfee antivirus. I turned both of them off at the same time. I am not really sure.

Has anyone else had this problem with McAfee? Or is it just my bad luck!?

Has anyone else had this problem with McAfee? Or is it just my bad luck!?

Quite often people don't tell me what antivirus and firewall programs they're running. So, I don't know if Mcafee programs are commonly at fault. But other people have experienced problems getting Slysoft products to install based on issues with those types of programs (an antivirus program will wrongly target a file as being a virus--or Zonealarm or another firewall program may block Anydvd registration if the firewall program isn't told that Anydvd is a "safe' program; typically the antivirus program will block proper installation, whereas the firewall will block proper registration using the license key and Anydvd).

Last edited:
I should also note that you were lucky, because I've seen a case where an antivirus program was blocking a legitimate program from installing (not a Slysoft program). I ended up having to uninstall that person's antivirus program, mess around in her registry, etc., and then finally the program would install. Then I had to reinstall that piece of garbage antivirus program, which I won't name, and tell it to allow that legitimate program to install in the future . . .
Very annoying

Back