• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Forbidden Planet

ibglowin

Anyone else RIP Forbidden Planet (HD-DVD) and get it to play back?

I have tried PowerDVD 6.5 and it won't do anything. I have tried playing from the disc and hard drive, same thing. You get a window that opens up like it wants to start playng but then it closes almost immediately.

I have also tried PowerDVD Ultra 7.2 and same thing.

PowerDVD 6.5 seems to work with most movies bu not this one.

Very weird, brand new disc from Amazon.

Hi James,

This is a brand new Dell with a C2D (2.13) and 2GB RAM. Everything else seems to play back just fine except for this movie and its brand new. Since it riped fine could it be the movie? My graphics card is an ATI 1300 which is supposedly on the ragged edge.

Does WinDVD 8 work with AnyDVD HD? Since I don't have a hardware player I am stuck at the moment with software players.

Thanks for any ideas

Sure. No problem at all (PDVD 7.1)

As with most films, Forbidden Planet plays fine on 6.5 if you edit the Application stuff out of the XPL. I thought that there was a clickbox option to do that now, but maybe it only does it for specific discs even if it's enabled?

Faye

7.1 works with Forbidden Planet.

So I searched and searched and finally found a copy of 7.1 and installed and ran it and voila' the movie plays just fine. Can't turn off the friggin subtitles so guess I will comment out the subtitles in the XPL file.

7.2 gave me sound but no video.

Are you saying this is something with the XPL file as well?

What do you comment out to get it to work properly?

Back