• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

drives vanish with anydvd and vista

Galen13

I have an interesting problem, after installing anydvd on a clean install of vista premium, both of my dvd burners disapear and have the yellow caution signs in the device manager. I take anydvd out restart and they are back. Any ideas

Go into the device manager and leave anydvd running and uninstall the drive(s) reboot.

I have an interesting problem, after installing anydvd on a clean install of vista premium, both of my dvd burners disapear and have the yellow caution signs in the device manager. I take anydvd out restart and they are back. Any ideas

AnyDVD version?
Vista32? 64?

sitched to most recent anydvd and using vista 64, I had to turn off user controls and it seems to work now

same problem with windows xp

I had downloaded the latest anydvd trial version and installed it. It couldnt detect my dvd drives and then when I checked my computer they werent there anymore. I uninstalled and rebooted and nothing changed. I uninstalled the drives and rebooted and the same problem persisted. Can anyone help???

I had downloaded the latest anydvd trial version and installed it. It couldnt detect my dvd drives and then when I checked my computer they werent there anymore. I uninstalled and rebooted and nothing changed. I uninstalled the drives and rebooted and the same problem persisted. Can anyone help???

follow this step by step:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

When you get to step 4, list the information that's requested

nevermind I installed Roxio media creator 9 and it solved the problem. I wonder what anydvd change in windows to cause the problem.

nevermind I installed Roxio media creator 9 and it solved the problem. I wonder what anydvd change in windows to cause the problem.

Anydvd doesn't cause this problem by itself; there can be conflicts with Anydvd and other software. Hope you didn't install any packet writing software that came with Roxio.

I've had this problem multiple times with AnyDVD on XP & Vista, I found the solution at Adobe because I first noticed this problem after I installed Encore DVD and found the solution worked anytime I had my drives disappear particularly with AnyDVD.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=328585

NOTE: with Vista you might have to make yourself the owner before you can give yourself "Full Control" permissions which you need to delete the registry key.

Once you reboot after deleting the proper key, drives return to normal, have not yet had this not work or a program not work because of it.

I dont think it was another software conflict because I had just wiped the computer clean. I had updated windows completely and then installed anydvd. I think anydvd must have change the dvd drivers somehow or for some reason which caused the problem and then Roxio fixed it again. I dont know much about these programs but all i know is if you want to fix what anydvd did install another program.:)

Last edited:
I dont know much about these programs but all i know is if you want to fix what anydvd did install another program.:)

No. That isn't a fix; it's a coincidence. If you had gone through the steps I listed there's a good chance that would have fixed the issue as well. Randomly installing software in order to fix an existing issue tends to complicate matters.

Last edited:
Deleting entire upperfilters and lowerfilter registry entries without knowing what's going on is just going to stop other applications from running properly (including Slysoft products). Following step 4 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 is a much better, (educated) way of learning what's going on.

Maybe but I have not yet have this not work and ALL my CD/DVD programs run just fine afterwards: Encore DVD 2, Neroe, AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6, DVD Shrink, etc. all work just fine after deleting those 2 keys and then doing a reboot but hey maybe that's just my machine :)

Maybe but I have not yet have this not work and ALL my CD/DVD programs run just fine afterwards: Encore DVD 2, Neroe, AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6, DVD Shrink, etc. all work just fine after deleting those 2 keys and then doing a reboot but hey maybe that's just my machine :)

If you delete all those filters and don't reinstall the programs, the Slysoft products will cease to work properly--especially when you try to burn. If you just randomly delete filters the associated programs will cease to function (unless you install them again) properly afterward.

Back