• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

split a DVD9 on to 2 DVD5 media with CloneDVD?

David_D

Hello all,

I just downloaded the Trial version - to try it and to compare perfomance with 'FabDVD Platinum' [I hope I am not now guilty of using 'bad language' in this forum;-) ]
I have noticed the absence of being able to split to DVD5 media. Some may say 'Buy DL media' which is quite legit, but 1xDL is more than 2x to 3x the cost of one 4.7gB DVD where I live.
Is 'splitting' at all possible?
Have I missed something??
Please advise, and thank you for your patience.

David_D

Hi 'Webslinger',

yes I didn't did I! :doh: ... But now I did and 'all' is now (relatively) clear :bowdown: .

Thanx a bunch :clap:

David_D

Thanx a bunch :clap:

You're very welcome!

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Sorry, I just usually rush around from thread to thread, trying to answer questions rapidly (and often I forget to say "hello").

Last edited:
Some of the guides are so full of information that they make things look harder than they really are. More to the point of your question, from the guide on the Elby site (the developers of CloneDVD):

You can make the following selections:

* Title selection: Here you will find a list of all available titles from the original DVD. For each title, you will see the playback time, chapter count and original audio settings (audio tracks and subtitles). You can select one or more titles. Mark the checkbox corresponding to the title/s that you want to backup and the selected titles will be highlighted accordingly

With a click with the right mouse bottom in the title selection you open the following context menu:
o “Select all”: This function selects all of the titles
o “Invert all”: This function inverts your title selection
o “Invert for split”: This function is only activated if you keep the menu. With this option you can invert your chapter and title selection. This is very important if you like to split one DVD over two DVD media!
o “Information”: Opens the context help

* Sorting order: By default, the titles are ordered by playback time. You can change the sorting criteria to title number or chapter count. Simply click on the corresponding column description
* Chapter cutting: You have the possibility to cut off unwanted chapters or to split one movie in two parts. Click on the scissors to open the control element for cutting off unwanted chapters. Another bar appears below the play bar. The small points symbolize the chapters, the space shows the approximate length of each chapter. You can move the blue triangles to cut off unwanted chapters. Either you click on the orange bar to move the blue triangles step by step or you directly drag it to the chapter where you like to have it. The Play Slider above automatically moves to the position of the triangles so that you can watch the first movie scenes from each chapter. The green writing in the preview window shows you the chosen chapter and its play time. On the right hand side, in the title selection, you can see the chapter selection with each title
* Splitting: If you want to copy the whole DVD or you want to copy a movie with extra length, it is advisable to split it over two DVD media. First of all you have to select “preserve menus” for keeping the overview. Via the “chapter cutting” function you can split the main movie in two parts while selecting for example the chapters 1-9 for the first DVD media. Select now further titles like “Special Features” and start the copying process for the first DVD media. When the copying process has finished, please click on the “Back” button until you reach the window with the title selection. Please click with the right mouse button into the title selection dialogue: You can invert your selection for the first DVD media, like in this example, it means that the chapters 10-16 of the main movie and the rest of the titles will be automatically selected

HINT: If you want to split a multi-angle movie, please cut off the same chapters for each camera angle. You can easily recognize titles with different camera angles, as they all have the same playing time!

Last edited:
Back