• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GTA San Andreas won't play when AnyDVD is active ??

ksi

Hi
Anybody else having this problem ??
Also GTA won't play from virtual drive ??

It now says that anyDVD is deactivated. When I try to start GTA I am still getting the message that an emulator is detected. Do you have any suggestions?

It now says that anyDVD is deactivated. When I try to start GTA I am still getting the message that an emulator is detected. Do you have any suggestions?

Your issue isn't Anydvd then. Something else is blocking your game--like Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% virtual drives, virtual clonedrive, or ClonecdTray (enable hide cdr media, disable hide cdr media, enable hide cdrmedia; cycle through testing each time). Game Jackal is also targeted for blacklists at times (especially older versions). Disable any and all virtual drives on your system.

Anydvd is not your problem. Something else on your system is being blacklisted.

Also, if you're not testing using the original disc, then really, there's no point testing. If it won't run with the original disc in your system, it won't run at all no matter what.

Last edited:
Return the game to the dealer with the words "this sucks".

Game Title: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Game Version: 1.0.0.0
Developer: Rockstar Games
Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software
Region of Origin: US Retail
CD(s): 1DVD

Copy Protection: SecuROM 7.00.00.0037

I guarantee this game doesn't blacklist Anydvd; it's something else on his system. Trust me. I have tons of Securerom 7 titles (many of them released much later than San Andreas). I have no issues running them.

Last edited:
version number reported wrong there too
securom DOES blacklist (and this is WELL documented on the net) because of the atip hiding thing (guessing, as its the only thing i can see that could cause the blacklisting)

the user also stated 'Also GTA won't play from virtual drive ??'
ie: they are trying to play from a virtual drive, so its no wonder they get 'Emulation Detected'....

version number reported wrong there too

nope

It's only after game patches that the securom version increases (or changes)

securom DOES blacklist (and this is WELL documented on the net)

Yes, but not Anydvd. I also have Alcohol 120%, Game Jackal, Anydvd, Clonecd, etc. on my system. I have no issues
with Securerom 7.x--unless I enable Clonecdtray or use virtual drives in Alcohol 120%. I already listed the solution
for Clonecdtray, and there are ways around the Alcohol 120% virutal drive blacklisting (and its virtual drive coding
is based on Daemon Tools virtual drive code). The simplest way to avoid this issue to disable all virtual drives.

because of the atip hiding thing

Anydvd doesn't hide this info.

ie: they are trying to play from a virtual drive, so its no wonder they get 'Emulation Detected'....

yes

However, there are virtual drive hiders--and other ways around this.

This is an Anydvd forum. I'm not providing support for 3rd party virtual drives here.

Last edited:
i was talking about the securom version actually, not the game version :)
scan with protectionid or something newer, i bet you its definately not 7.00.00.whatever

both inaccurate on the links.. seriously..
protectionid reports the securom versions properly, the .xxxx at the end of the thing is the customer project count or something... and the 7.00.00 thing stayed constant on all the games, leading people to guessing the versions based on inaccurate information.. i havent got gta sa installed to scan atm ;(
the reason for the inaccuracies - securom 7 was still 'just out' at that time...

check http://nforce.nl/index.php?switchto=nfos&menu=quicknav&item=viewnfo&id=102295

you'll see 'securom 7.random' , happens lots until a few months back, then we see the proper version numbers 7.30.12 or something currently

both inaccurate on the links.. seriously..
protectionid reports the securom versions properly, the .xxxx at the end of the thing is the customer project count or something... and the 7.00.00 thing stayed constant on all the games, leading people to guessing the versions based on inaccurate information..

Actually, I'm aware of this. Keep this in mind:

1) It was an early Securom 7 Game
2) ProtectionID 5.1d was detecting that game as SecuROM v7.02
Just check the history logs
http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/ProtectionID.html
3) Everything I mentioned earlier still applies

It's not as though A-ray was detecting version 6.xx, 7.2 or 7.3 on that game (A-Ray couldn't detect it properly anyway, but my point is, in this case, it didn't really matter); it was still a relatively early Securom 7 release.

Last edited:
agreed yeh, early securom, so yasu or whatever will probably work for it, or curerom even.. i think securom might actually blacklist clonecd tray
and anydvd might (guessing) have the same window class/title/code which might give a false-positive.. i dont know how to check this though
maybe the slysoft coders can..

i think securom might actually blacklist clonecd tray

WIth "hide cd-r media" selected, clonecdtray can cause problems. You need to cycle through it on and off (and test each time).

and anydvd might (guessing) have the same window class/title/code which might give a false-positive.

No. Anydvd is not blacklisted by securom. I have about 6 or 7 Securom 7.x protected titles (possibly more; I'm not going to bother checking); the most recent being Jade Empire: Special Edition for the pc. There are no issues with Anydvd running.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2074

Last edited:
Back