• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

suddenly & repeatedly cannot use clone - Help SlySoft Gurus!

lmc

I have been whizzing away with clone dvd for the past 1/2 thanks to the help of WebSlinger. This morning I was using clone w/o a problem when I put in a new disc and received this error.
"Unable to read video files from F:/"
"F:/VIDEO_TS.IFO: Unable to open file"
"The parameter is incorrect"
"Please be sure that all required files are available and try again"

This error happens in the 2nd screen entitled "Title Configuration" and occurs when I am working with the "DVD Video Files" drop down arrow. I have done absolutely nothing differently than I have been doing all week. I even did a reinstall of the program, tried discs that had previously worked - but still receive this error.
I eventually resorted to working with the discs using my old method: decryptor, shrink, img, decryptor (respectively). I can get through the discs using this method - so it must be something in DVD Clone.
Any suggestions? :(

I am using DVD Clone 2 vs 2.9.0.3
AnyDVD vs. 6.1.3.2

info you requested webslinger + a couple of questions

Hi Webslinger,
Below, toward the bottom of the page, is the information. 3 things, though.

1. It is now running - even though it was out for the count for the past 2 burns.

2. a dvd with little compression is taking nearly 30 minutes to create just the dvd file - this time is not including the iso file creation. for such a small, no specials or special effects type of dvd - just an old movie from 1972 entitled "images" - it seems that it is taking quite awhile - is this amount of time normal? Is there anything that I can do to help dvdclone work faster?

3. Why would dvdclone simply stop working intermittently? Does it ever interact poorly with other programs, such as MS Word 2000, and Yahoo! Music Streaming? These were the two things that I was working with this morning when this happened. But, it didn't happen right away - I had worked with 2 dvd's using clone w/o a problem while these programs were running.

Thanks for your help, lmc

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.2)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N KQ09 021212050A67LL1418
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1916688 sectors (3743 MBytes)
Total size: 3603551 sectors (7038 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: IMAGES
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

3. Why would dvdclone simply stop working intermittently?

I doubt Clonedvd stopped working. Possibly Anydvd did--or your drive failed in some manner. Anydvd does need to be running for Clonedvd to work.

Does it ever interact poorly with other programs, such as MS Word 2000

No

and Yahoo! Music Streaming?

Anydvd might not like this; I'm not sure. I don't play music when I'm burning.

this time is not including the iso file creation . . . is this amount of time normal?

Why are you creating isos? Please read and follow http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully
(print it out if you have to)

Is there anything that I can do to help dvdclone work faster?

You might want to defrag your hard drive. But the time it takes to create dvd files is always going to be affected by how powerful your computer hardware is.

Last edited:
@ lmc,

If you desire quality error free results All back ground Multi Tasks should be curtailed when processing DVD Movie backups.

To ensure that all background Multi Tasking operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul "PacMan" Collins' huge "Startup Applications" list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php)

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Regards,
Coaster

Back