• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD won't work with my DVD player!!

Mission

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-842 player in my laptop, but now it says if I change the region one more time, it will be locked. :(

I tried AnyDVD but it says it cannot unlock my player. Does anyone have a suggestion??

I've tried several other programs but cannot find a way to get around this. Where I live I get DVDs from several different regions so I'm always changing the region on my player.

HELP!!

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-842 player in my laptop, but now it says if I change the region one more time, it will be locked. :(

I tried AnyDVD but it says it cannot unlock my player. Does anyone have a suggestion??

I've tried several other programs but cannot find a way to get around this. Where I live I get DVDs from several different regions so I'm always changing the region on my player.

HELP!!
Matsushita (Panasonic) drives cannot be region unlocked. Sorry.

Have a read of this Mission. http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101267&highlight=Matshita

EDIT: That link gives a more detailed explanation by James.

Thanks, James and linx05. I've seen this kind of explanation on other forums. Seems like Matshita is unusually restrictive.

The only solution I can think of for watching DVDs from different regions is to get a USB drive. I can get a Samsung SE-S184M external USB drive, reasonably priced. It's big and bulky, so it won't be for traveling, but for home use watching of DVD movie rentals, it would be fine for me.

BUT: Is there a way of finding out BEFOREHAND if this Samsung is unlockable??? I don't want a re-run of the troubles I have with the Matshita.

Thanks, James and linx05. I've seen this kind of explanation on other forums. Seems like Matshita is unusually restrictive.

The only solution I can think of for watching DVDs from different regions is to get a USB drive. I can get a Samsung SE-S184M external USB drive, reasonably priced. It's big and bulky, so it won't be for traveling, but for home use watching of DVD movie rentals, it would be fine for me.

BUT: Is there a way of finding out BEFOREHAND if this Samsung is unlockable??? I don't want a re-run of the troubles I have with the Matshita.

Matsushita (Panasonic) drives are the only known drives with this restriction.
As long as you don't buy an OEMed Matsushita drive (for example SONY and Plextor Blu-ray drive!) you'll be fine.

Matsushita (Panasonic) drives are the only known drives with this restriction.
As long as you don't buy an OEMed Matsushita drive (for example SONY and Plextor Blu-ray drive!) you'll be fine.

Thanks for the input, James. Any suggestions on the *cheapest* way to go region-free? Six years ago I used a free little program, called "region-free", but it seems it now is no longer free.

Why is this thread moved??

Would the moderator/host please tell me why this thread has been moved, and to where is has been moved??

Thank you.

Mission

Thanks for the input, James. Any suggestions on the *cheapest* way to go region-free? Six years ago I used a free little program, called "region-free", but it seems it now is no longer free.
AnyDVD (if you already own it) is all you need, and a different drive (non Matsushita).

What if I don't own AnyDVD??

Well, you should! :D
If you want to get away cheap, you can try DVD43, it should do the trick as way. But it isn't as stable as AnyDVD.

Well, you should! :D
If you want to get away cheap, you can try DVD43, it should do the trick as way. But it isn't as stable as AnyDVD.

Thanks, James!! :clap:

You're a good company man!! Where can I send a commendation for you?? 8)

Back