• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

weak sector?

Ousto

Hello,
I'm Using the Trial version of CloneCD. and I keep getting the same problem. "weak sector" does this mean that CloneCD does not work with my drive and I should look elsewhere for a backup program? Or will this problem be solved if I buy the program? I'm also looking to buy clone DvD and AnyDvD.. but will I have the same results.

thank you in advance

-Ousto

Weak Sector

The weak sector is referring to the original disc. It means there is a sector on the disc that is "weak" meaning that it may not copy properly. There is an option in CloneCD at the write phase that you select the "Amplify Weak Sectors". That may help.

There is an option in CloneCD at the write phase that you select the "Amplify Weak Sectors". That may help.

I don't see this "Amplify Weak Sectors" option in the write phase, Is there something I need to do do get to it?

Thank you for any help,

Ousto

Option

At the "Write" phase, right click on the icon (Game CD, Protected PC Game, whichever you're using) and click on 'Edit'. There will be an option for Weak Sectors. In the drop down, you can select "Amplify" or "Emulate".

If the disc is protected by safedisc, it's normal to have "weak sector at ***" in the log. You have just to wait until CloneCD finish.

can it be done?

Hello,

I'm tring to back-up "Sim2 Seasons disk 1", I brought the expantion 4 times now and they keep getting lost/cracked when I travel. Using CloneCD and the "protected PC game" icon it reads and writes but does not work. Should I be trying the "Game CD" or "Data CD" icon instead? the only error type message I receive in the log is the "weak sector" talked about above. I have tried the "Amplify Weak Sectors" without success. I'm using a New computer (Buyxg.com - Xion 9000 less then a month old) but I do not know anything about the drives other then they are made Sony, and I have know idea what version of firmware they are using. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Ousto

Are you backing up a CD or DVD? If a CD, is it a regular PC game or PS2?

Hello,
I trying to back up a CD for a PC game.

-Thank you

Ousto

Hide CDR Media

Protected PC Game or Game CD either one should work I would think. There is one more thing to try. Go to Start/Programs/Slysoft/CloneCD and click on CloneCD Tray. You should see a sheep icon in your Taskbar. Right-click on the icon and select the "Hide CDR Media" option. Do not exit, keep the icon in the Taskbar. Then try to play the game with one of the backups you've made.

If it's not letting you make a back-up, try again with the CloneCD Tray running in the background (in Taskbar).

Last edited:
When you said : "it doesn't work..." what is exactly the problem ?
- Game crach and you 're back on windows desktop with (or not) an error message ? If yes and if daemon tool or Alcohol is installed, remove the safedisc emulation.
- Please insert the correct CD/DVD ? mmdavis give you the answer.

Sorry for the delay,

yes running the Clone CD tray idea from mmdavis works great I have since bought to software and use it for backing up DVD's as well. Thanks for all your help.

Many Thanks,

Ousto

Back