• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Clone 2??? Please read

creeper6996

I have always used DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, but with new codes and encryptions, I was forced to get anyDVD. I love it. I now own DVD Clone Mobile for my Creative Zen Vision and also DVD Clone 2. I have never had any problems with slysoft software, I LOVE IT.

I keep seeing so many threads about the same movies over and over again, and most of them are Sony. My suggestion to each and every one of you are to pay the very minimal amount of money to have anyDVD AND DVD Clone 2. And, remember this, you can always use your old methods and when you get a Sony DVD, you can use the new software for that. Between old and new methods, you should always get your movies "backed-up."

Don't be cheap and don't be scared to try new things. slysoft always offers a 21 day free trial. You can try the heck out of it to make sure it works.

creeper6996, some people do not wish to pay $39 USD for a ripper. I know I won't.

It's not about being cheap at all.

$39 for a ripper, with lifetime updates, seems pretty cheap to me. Especially considering how much money you're saving by backing up your dvds. I love Shrink, it was free, but it can't keep up with the technology.

I also read these forum threads to learn new things, and I truly get tired of reading about Shrink, same problems, same people, same movies. And those same people have the gall to blame it on Slysoft.

$39 for a ripper? No way.

When these troublesome DVDs reach Australia (probably in the next 10 years ;)) I know not to use AnyDVD but either one of the free ones. Because I know then I will end up with a clean output. As you can see, even CloneDVD does not give a squeaky clean out put.

As I said, without sounding like a broken record, I want my DVD rips to come out clean without left over junk. DVD Shrink is only a test program to see if this is right.

Who else are we to blame when the DVDs don't come out squeaky clean (besides the bloody copy-protection people)? Slysoft must be feeling the heat at the moment. And I feel for them. They said they are working on something and I trust them.

$39 for a ripper that has lifetime updates and it WORKS sounds like a damn good deal to me. I've been backing up stuff for years and SlySoft has provided me with the best results so far. Hell, $39 will not even cover a first rate PS3 or X360 game. At least AnyDVD is still paying for itself and some of those games ($59 + tax) are now collecting dust.

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

I like the lifetime update i think $39.00 is not very much at all for that.And i am all new to this and read all the links i can and try to learn from them and see what every one is saying. I think the forum is worth $39.oo to me from all the help i get here.

I think you guys are talking about apples and oranges. :D

At $39 AnyDVD is still a great value. But it's not a ripper per-se. they even tell you that. It's a decrypter.

Spending an extra $39 to be able to use ClondeDVD2 as a glorified ripper for Shrink just isn't an option - particularly since the CloneDVD2 full-disk rip still has some garbage left behind.

-W

Spending an extra $39 to be able to use ClondeDVD2 as a glorified ripper for Shrink just isn't an option - particularly since the CloneDVD2 full-disk rip still has some garbage left behind.

-W

Maybe Shrink being free is why they can't or won't come up with upgrades to their software?

And, what does "some garbage left behind." mean? Compression quality, trailers? I've just never heard that phrase before.

Ah ha, I see about the garbage. Thanks for that info. But with that specific shred, I saw that they were trying The Holiday. When I did The Holiday with anydvd and clonedvd2, I had no problem. I just unchecked most of the junk in the beginning.

Re-Shrink

The guy who designed shrink now workd for Nero thats why there wont be anymore updates. from what I understand he's the guy behind re-code in nero and theres no denying thats a great programme and works. So I hope this helps you guys understand alittle more why shrink has fallen behind.:p

Shrink can only "fall behind" in the relm of dealing with copy protection. It doesn't (and won't) ever have a problem with a totally clean DVD or rip of a DVD.

In fact, it makes a real good test of how protected (or unprotected) a DVD really is.

-W

Maybe Shrink being free is why they can't or won't come up with upgrades to their software?
Mabye the author of DVD Shrink joining Ahead nero to initially develop nero Recode has something to do with it falling behind..
But there is a rumour he is no longer there but i cant confirm this as yet..

Mabye the author of DVD Shrink joining Ahead nero to initially develop nero Recode has something to do with it falling behind..
The anonymous author of DVD Shrink announced that he will no longer continue further development of DVD Shrink. As of now version 3.2.0.15 released on July 25, 2004 is the latest, with any further releases targeting bug fixes. Some rumors talk about the authors moved to Nero in order to join the programming of Nero Recode.

Many users have discovered that if using Nero 6 to burn through DVD Shrink and upgrading Nero to version 6.6.1.4 that they are now getting a "Can not connect TRF" error at the point where DVD Shrink is supposed to switch to Nero for burning. It is now known that DVD Shrink does not work with Nero version 6.6.1.4. You have to go back to Nero version 6.6.0.18 or upgrade to Nero 7 for Nero to burn through DVD Shrink automatically.

On August 17, 2005, the official DVD Shrink website was updated to say that the site "is no more!", prompting many sites to mirror the latest DVD Shrink version and offer it for download. This was a result of DVD Shrink's web host receiving a DMCA takedown notice complaining about the direct links pointing to the download of the DVD Shrink program. In this case, the links themselves were in violation of the DMCA even though the program was no longer being served by DVD Shrink's web host. After removing the "offending" links, the web site was restored, and a Google search box was put in place of the download link.

Last edited:
Back