• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Ripping

s2h0a0n6e

ok i just got the HD uprgrade....and i plugged in my xbox 360 hd dvd drive into my computer and when i go to rip the HD DVD it says it may be corrupted or may not be supported. I am trying to rip King Kong

ok i just got the HD uprgrade....and i plugged in my xbox 360 hd dvd drive into my computer and when i go to rip the HD DVD it says it may be corrupted or may not be supported. I am trying to rip King Kong

Who says this when and where?

ok never mind i got it to the ripping thing....now when i click copy...it says not enough space to store it in this location?

so you can only have a couple of movies stored on your computer

so you can only have a couple of movies stored on your computer
For most people, this holds true. Movies are around 25GB, and most HDDs are only 100-300GB. Allowing 4-12 movies if that's all you store on it, which is usually not the case.

wow i was not expecting that....so what do ppl copy them for? i was expecting to be able to copy lots of them and watch them whenever i want

wow i was not expecting that....so what do ppl copy them for? i was expecting to be able to copy lots of them and watch them whenever i want
I onhestly do not know. I guess if you have a few favorites you might want to. You cannot make a very big collection of them on most HDDs. Even a 500GB HDD can only hold about 20.

so there is no way you can burn them to a disk?.....are they trying to figure that out?

Hardware

what is it that i need?

You will need a HD-DVD burner (only one available is from Toshiba at around $500-600 and only works at 1X) Appropriate burning software to copy HD-DVD file folders. Don't have a suggestion as to that as the media @ $16-20 a pop makes it all a lousey investment at this time. Most of us who are copying movies have tons of storage (I have about 2 TB). Consider adding a Maxtor 1 TB external USB2 drive for about $350 that will store about 40-50 HD-DVD's movie Folders.

At some date in the hopefully near future drives and media prices will drop drastically. I've been at this for a long time and just to give you an idea my first CD/RW drive cost $800, burned at 2X, used gold media that cost about $10 per disc and had a 50% Coaster (failure) rate. 2 Years later the drives were 8X, cost $125, had only a 10% coaster rate and media was down to $1. Today CD/RW drives are about $25, Media $ .15, and a near 0% failure rate.

The same pattern held true for DVD/RW but over only a 2 year time span rather than 10 years. I believe AnyDVD, DVD-X Copy, DVD Shrink, and Clone DVD had a major impact in this as people began to dupe movies causing increased demand for drives and media and the corresponding reduction in prices. I expect HD-DVD/RW drives to be at least 4X and under $2 by the end of the year with media costs under $5 at which time duping disks will make sense. From there on the costs should drop dramatically while the availability of drives, and media increases.

This may all be wishfull thinking but I wouldn't bet against it.

Last edited:
ok thank you.....yea we can only hope the hd burners drop like the CDR drives did

Back