• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Burner, any suggestions?

creeper6996

I currently have a Memorex 16X Double Layer burner. I always use the same media, Verbatim DVD-R 16X. For the last 2 months, more and more of my back-ups, I put in the drive, and the computer isn't recognizing anything in there. If I'm ripping 10 backups, I might get 7 to work, then the 8th won't, and then the 9th and 10th won't. I've tried to let the burner cool down, doesn't work. These back-ups are still good, they play on the DVD player, have no scratches.

DVD Decrypter says, "Disc is Empty."

CloneDVD2 says, Unable to read video files from D:
D:/VIDEO_TS.IFO: Unable to open file.
The volume does not contain a recognized file system.
Details: File 0 D:/VIDEO_TS.IFO 1005

IClickDVDCopy won't let me do it either, says something about the destination.

So, after all this, I wanna blame it on the burner, it's about 1.5 years old and gets MUCH use. I burn every single day, at least about 30 DVDs. So, have any suggestions regarding name brands, speeds, and internal vs external?

I prefer Plextor but I have several Lite-On and NEC units. I have had great service from all of them. Look around Newegg and check out the reviews.

Thanks, I LOVE Newegg. That's where I buy all my hard drives from, I have about 4 of the 500 GB MyBooks. Anyone out there have a TeraByte yet?

Lite-On gets my vote & newegg is the site to buy it from:agree:

:bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT:D

Thanks, I LOVE Newegg. That's where I buy all my hard drives from, I have about 4 of the 500 GB MyBooks. Anyone out there have a TeraByte yet?

You should probably be aware that some people are experiencing issues with the newer Lite-on burners and Anydvd; it's likely a compatibility issue between the Lite-on firmware and Anydvd.

In particular, some people seem to be having problems with the Lite-On LH-20A1H and Anydvd. I'm not positive what the issue is however, but it's likely a firmware issue.

Thanks, I appreciate all the info. I think I'll go with Plextor, I've always liked them.

Thanks, I appreciate all the info. I think I'll go with Plextor, I've always liked them.

If you can find them, go with a PX-760 or a PX-716. These are real Plextor drives (not rebadges). Never buy early TLA revisions of Plextor drives (like TLA #0000, for example).

Back