• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD with dvd43

dragon

Hi all,
This forum layout is great.
I am long time user of CloneDVD and have found it to be excellent for my use.:agree:
Simple to use, every copy perfect and easy to select options available.
I used it together with dvd43. dvd43 blocks the copy protection on EVERY dvd. I have not yet encountered a failure.

Until recently, I tried to install the latest version of CloneDVD and I cannot copy any protected DVDs.:mad:
I had to uninstall new version and re-install previous version of CloneDVD to get back to my original success.

It appears CloneDVD will only work with its sister software AnyDVD.:disagree:
I have tried Technical help without sensible anwer.:confused:

Any clues greatly appreciated, as I would love to upgrade to new version CloneDVD.

dragon

Hi all,
This forum layout is great.
I am long time user of CloneDVD and have found it to be excellent for my use.
Simple to use, every copy perfect and easy to select options available.
I used it together with dvd43. dvd43 blocks the copy protection on EVERY dvd. I have not yet encountered a failure.

Until recently, I tried to install the latest version of CloneDVD and I cannot copy any protected DVDs.:mad:
I had to uninstall new version and re-install previous version of CloneDVD to get back to my original success.

It appears CloneDVD will only work with its sister software AnyDVD.:disagree:
I have tried Technical help without sensible anwer.:confused:

Any clues greatly appreciated, as I would love to upgrade to new version CloneDVD.

dragon
CloneDVD doesn't "block" anything. There is no "anti DVD43" code in CloneDVD.
DVD43 will only remove CSS, no Arccos, Puppetlock, Macrovision RipGuard, fluxDVD, ProtectDVD, ....
Maybe you simply encountered DVD43's limitation.

Apart from that, AnyDVD is better anyway. Buy it, you won't regret it. :D

DVD43 will only remove CSS, no Arccos, Puppetlock, Macrovision RipGuard, fluxDVD, ProtectDVD, ....

Thanks James:)
I am considering that, but in the mean time I have had no failures (in hundreds of uses) with CloneDVD ver 2 and DVD43 and cannot see why I must purchase AnyDVD, when I have already purchased full license of CloneDVD.
More to the point, it is a limitation of CloneDVD latest release which Slysoft will not acknowledge.
Please don't get me wrong, I feel CloneDVD is an excellent product, but some of us don't have deep pockets.

Frustrated dragon:D

Sorry, Dragon

Dragon, James is right on. :eek: You've just lucked out on not having run into the others, I guess. Any DVD is great, works wonderfully w/ Clone DVD, and is inexpensive, especially when you consider the free upgrades for like. I am a longtime user of the AnyDVD/Clone partnership, and wouldn't trade out for anything else on the market (Though I admit I haven't used everything else on the market;)

Hi, having previously purchased ( and wasted money) on DVD43, used to get BSOD after a few uses:mad: , I personaly find that Any DVD is a far better product:) . Have used it with DVD Shrink, am now going to try out Clone DVD.

Dave

Ditch DVD43 and purchase Anydvd you will not regret it. But if you want to stick with freeware then DVDFab Decrypter is the way to go. :)

Dvd43 is deadware; it is no longer developed. Consequently, the program, by itself, cannot handle newer protections.
Frankly, dvd43, by itself, is next to useless.

Last edited:
Thanks to all

Thankyou all for your feedback.:bowdown:

I have downloaded the 21 day trial version and have reinstalled the latest CloneDVD. I will let you all know how I went.

First thing I noticed amongst many other good features, it contains its own decrypter.:agree:

I was using DVD Decrypter as I found it the fastest to use.

Thanks again
I am always willing to learn and try new things.
dragon :D

Thankyou all for your feedback.:bowdown:

Here's some info that may help you:

1. The best way to rip using Anydvd is to use Clonedvd2. If you can't or are not willing to do that, this is how you rip using Anydvd:

2. With the latest version of Anydvd running, drag and drop the video_ts folder to your desktop using Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you don't need to rip at all and can just directly import the disc into whatever burning application you want, provided Anydvd is running in the background. You don't necessarily need to rip first at all. Not having to rip first is one major advantage of using Anydvd.

3. If you can't get what you want using #1 and #2 first, then you right click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select rip video-dvd to hard disk--but only if methods 1 and 2 fail first. This method uses an old version of FixVTS, which is often not required.

Last edited:
Hi all,
dragon, what webslinger says is fact. DVD43 freeware is abandonware. It hasn't been updated in an aeon, and is useless with more and more releasing titles. I believe that you may not have encountered a DVD which baulks at it, but you will. I used to use it, and it worked well enough until 18 months ago when notably Ripguard and other new CP schemes started appearing with increasing frequency on new release titles. Its days of coping with EVERY title are ancient history.

I used DVDfabdecrypter to get round the problem for free for a while, but it's no longer freeware TMK. That's why I finally decided to bite the "buy it" bullet. Evaluating the choices, for me it came down to deciding between Alcohol 120% or AnyDVD & the Slysoft group of products. I chose to buy AnyDVD, in fact the entire product package during their Xmas promo. My only regret is that I wish I'd done so much earlier. This is one product really worth paying for. It represents superb value. Stunning support and update frequency which sets a standard others can only envy. Keep up the great work Slysoft. Word of mouth recommendation from me anytime. Love your products. :agree:

still trying

Thanks websliger and sigrun,
1st attempt with Anydvd & Clonedvd2, at 98%, gave "the read failed because the sector is encrypted error". File named was D:/VIDEOTS_/VTS_01_0.VOB.
This is a dual layer dvd, plays perfectly on dvd player and computer.

I tried webslinger's #2 method and imported direct into Nero 6. Similar result, Nero stalled at 98% without reported any erros.

I will give up on this one and try some others. I don't have the skills to look at the file itself or directly at the sector to see the problem.

I just hate being half smart, or is it half dumb.

Thanks for the clues guys.:bowdown:
I will keep trying, 19 days to go on the trial version.
dragon:D

the sector is encrypted error". File named was D:/VIDEOTS_/VTS_01_0.VOB.
This is a dual layer dvd, plays perfectly on dvd player and computer.

There's a good chance the original disc is at fault and needs to be exchanged (even if it looks fine and plays fine, chances are there's still a problem with it; this happens more frequently than people realize).

But to help ensure what the problem is in the future when you run into problems, please answer these questions first:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

a happier dragon

Thanks webslinger,
And to Slysoft for this forum.:clap:
I am having great success.
Your method #1, drag VIDEO_TS to the desktop and then use Clonedvd2 from there is an absolute pearler.

regards
dragon:D

AnyDVD is best...never had problem copy any DVD. I love it..:clap:

Another satisfied customer

"2. With the latest version of Anydvd running, drag and drop the video_ts folder to your desktop using Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you don't need to rip at all and can just directly import the disc into whatever burning application you want, provided Anydvd is running in the background. You don't necessarily need to rip first at all. Not having to rip first is one major advantage of using Anydvd."

That's the help you offered and they all work well. :agree:
The only other burning software I have is Nero 6.6.1.4 and above methods you described work with it as well. But Clonedvd2 2.9.0.3 is much faster and user friendly and reliable. :clap:

I think I'm sold on the Slysoft pair unless I run into any snags.

Thanks
dragon :D

Dvd43 is deadware; it is no longer developed. Consequently, the program, by itself, cannot handle newer protections.
Frankly, dvd43, by itself, is next to useless.

DVD43

WHAT'S NEW in v4.40: Nov 17, 2008
Updated: better handling of DVDs with corrupt UDF table.

DVD43

WHAT'S NEW in v4.40: Nov 17, 2008
Updated: better handling of DVDs with corrupt UDF table.

You've just bumped a thread from Jan. 2007 with nothing terribly interesting.

Last edited:
Back