• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.3.2 released

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
6.1.3.2 2007 03 15
- New (DVD): Added support new versions for the "Protect DVD-Video" copy
protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
Examples: "Wer früher stirbt..." and "Perfume", both R2, German
- Note: With the help of AnyDVD, discs protected with "Protect DVD-Video"
can now be played on Windows MCE 2005, with Windows Media player or
Zoom Player. WITHOUT ANYDVD RUNNING, THESE DISCS CANNOT BE PLAYED!
Shame on the makers of this really bad protection.
They don't do their customers a favour, if they cannot watch the
original disc!
We really hope that they get these discs slapped in their faces by
their (ex)customers.
- Fix (HD DVD): Discs with volume labels ending with a blank character
could not be decrypted
Example: "Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time", US
- Fix (HD DVD): Discs without iHD menus did not work
Example: "Heart - Alive in Seattle" (US & Japan)
- Fix (Blu-ray): Files with non consecutive sections were not decrypted
correctly. Example: Many Blu-ray discs like "Prestige" (US)
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe (clear your broswer cache before downloading)

6.1.3.2 2007 03 15
- New (DVD): Added support new versions for the "Protect DVD-Video" copy
protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
Examples: "Wer früher stirbt..." and "Perfume", both R2, German

Bravo!:clap: Bravo!:clap: AnyDVD is still THE ONE!!!:D

Why were there (at least) two different builds of 6.1.3.2 posted? One was 1.69MB and the other was 1.37MB...packaging error?
:confused:

I can confirm this.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.2 downloaded at 4:14 PM EST on 2007.03.15

Digitally signed: Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:57:47 PM
Size: 1.69 MB (1,776,528 bytes)
MD5 Hash: 3BF4987E7504AC61C5775816E5390EBA

AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.2 downloaded at 12:06 PM EST on 2007.03.16

Digitally signed: Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:55:37 PM
Size: 1.37 MB (1,443,256 bytes)
MD5 Hash: BDBD2642B4DB765C8AE2681BC83B68B0

There was an initial download that was 1.69MB and signed on Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:57:47 PM. I downloaded & installed this on my laptop while at work.

This morning I downloaded it directly from SlySoft for my home PC, and the file size was 1.37MB and signed Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:55:37 PM.

So I'm wondering what the difference was and if I need to re-install it on my laptop. Undoubtedly there'll be another version coming down the pike soon, so I just want to know if it's something critical that I need to take care of immediately.

There was an initial download that was 1.69MB and signed on Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:57:47 PM. I downloaded & installed this on my laptop while at work.

This morning I downloaded it directly from SlySoft for my home PC, and the file size was 1.37MB and signed Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:55:37 PM.

So I'm wondering what the difference was and if I need to re-install it on my laptop. Undoubtedly there'll be another version coming down the pike soon, so I just want to know if it's something critical that I need to take care of immediately.

Oh weird . . .

Sorry, I have no clue. That's something Slysoft will need to answer. I've never seen two different file sizes for the exact same version of Anydvd.

So I'm wondering what the difference was and if I need to re-install it on my laptop.
None and no.
EDIT: The big version was just bigger, because a useless file was inside the installation package.

Greetings,

Has anyone else noticed slower copying with the latest version of AnyDVD? I just installed the latest version, and have copied 3 DVD's since. All of these took about 55 minutes, where they used to take 30 minutes before the latest upgrade.

I don't recall doing anything else that would cause a problem, so I figured I'd ask here before troubleshooting further.

Thanks,
Rusty

Greetings,

Has anyone else noticed slower copying with the latest version of AnyDVD? I just installed the latest version, and have copied 3 DVD's since. All of these took about 55 minutes, where they used to take 30 minutes before the latest upgrade.

I don't recall doing anything else that would cause a problem, so I figured I'd ask here before troubleshooting further.

Thanks,
Rusty

AnyDVD has nothing to do with burn times. I would suggest checking for PIO Mode.
(1) Control Panel, (2) System, (3) Goto the Hardware Tab, (4) Device Manager, (5) IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, (6) Right Click on Primary IDE Channel --> Properties, (7) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK,(8) Right Click on Seconady IDE Channel --> Properties, (9) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK, (10) Reboot.

AnyDVD has nothing to do with burn times.

I agree, but since it's the only thing I changed, followed by the required reboot, it would seem like the most likely place to start.

I've done some testing with an older disc that I had copied prior to the new version, and it took 53 minutes. For grins, I then rebooted the system, and it took 30 minutes. Normally, a reboot would be the first thing I'd try, but since the program requires a reboot, and since I didn't to anything else prior to copying a disc, I didn't figure rebooting again would help. I was wrong :p

Anyway, I'll chalk it up to some computer fluke that we're not meant to understand. No reason to believe this was any sort of Slysoft problem.

Thanks,
Rusty

AnyDialog problems?

Did anyone have 6.1.3.2 fail during installation with this error message:

Can't write: C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDialog.dll​

Does this mean I have to re-install 6.1.3.0?

thanks
jim

Last edited:
Did anyone have 6.1.3.2 fail during installation with this error message:

Can't write: C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDialog.dll​

Does this mean I have to re-install 6.1.3.0?

thanks
jim
No, this means AnyDVD is running (hangs). Open task manager and terminate the AnyDVD process and try again.

I agree, but since it's the only thing I changed, followed by the required reboot, it would seem like the most likely place to start.

I've done some testing with an older disc that I had copied prior to the new version, and it took 53 minutes. For grins, I then rebooted the system, and it took 30 minutes. Normally, a reboot would be the first thing I'd try, but since the program requires a reboot, and since I didn't to anything else prior to copying a disc, I didn't figure rebooting again would help. I was wrong :p

Anyway, I'll chalk it up to some computer fluke that we're not meant to understand. No reason to believe this was any sort of Slysoft problem.

Thanks,
Rusty

The way I update AnyDVD is always the same and has never failed me:

I make sure nothing strange (including AnyDVD) is running in the tray on my machine except my Nvidia drivers and my HP printer drivers.

I make sure my optical drives are empty.

I run the install program and reboot.

Then I go into the tray (on the right) and right click AnyDVD and de-select Autostart. (WHY do so many "limited use" programs, including AnyDVD think they are so damn important that they need to load at boot-up?? <sigh>)

Then I re-boot - again.

Now AnyDVD is ready to use it when I need it. And not in the picture when I don't.

And I've never had a problem with it - ever.

-W

Last edited:
Then I go into the tray (on the right) and right click AnyDVD and de-select Autostart. (WHY do so many "limited use" programs, including AnyDVD think they are so damn important that they need to load at boot-up?? <sigh>)

Well, you might have a limit need but thankfully Anydvd is not limited to your requirements. Suping your friends movies?

We leave it on all the time as we play movies from multiple regions. We have never had a problem with it running in the backgound

Well, you might have a limit need but thankfully Anydvd is not limited to your requirements. Suping your friends movies?

I think that last line was uncalled for. Play nice or put on your asbestos underwear. :eek:

We leave it on all the time as we play movies from multiple regions. We have never had a problem with it running in the backgound

My HTPC gets it movies off my network. So I have to rip any movie I want to watch to a hard disk - even my friends movies. :p

My whine wasn't that AnyDVD has an Autostart feature. It was directed to the fact that it defaults to ON - like so much other software that feels it needs to load in the tray every time a machine boots up. I can see turning on auto-start on a machine that watches a lot of strange DVD's like in your case. But the casual user, who uses AnyDVD once a week (on Tuesday in the US) to back up his new DVD aquisitions, doesn't need yet another driver running 24/7 on his computer. I'm a minimalist when it comes to software on my machine, stuff don't get to run unless I put it there and told it to run.
I'm of the opinion that ALL software with Autostart should default to OFF, and let the user turn Autostart ON if he really wants it that way - like you want it that way. Get it now??

-W

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that ALL software with Autostart should default to OFF

I couldn't agree more. I would venture to say that 90% of the PC's that I repair have a multitude of apps starting on boot. The owners just can't understand why it takes their PC so long to boot.

Oh ya... it's by no means unique to AnyDVD. I truely don't understand why everything with an Autostart feature has to default to "ON" when it's installed. Particularly specialty use stuff.

All the self-important crap that loads on bootup reminds me of the Capital One ads: "What's in Your Wallet?" - only it's "What's in Your Tray?? :D

Next month I might start a poll in the group to get a read on Autostart opinions. Personally I find it annoying. I'd do a poll now, but I don't want James to think that busting his ballz is my personal hobby. :D

-W

Next month I might start a poll in the group to get a read on Autostart opinions. Personally I find it annoying. I'd do a poll now, but I don't want James to think that busting his ballz is my personal hobby. :D

I want Autostart on by default. Anydvd blocks all kinds of horrible stuff I don't want on my system (and I don't want to have to mess with autoplay settings on my system when Anydvd blocks them automatically). Anydvd blocks the sony rootkit junk, and by having "Pc-Friendly" enabled in Anydvd it also blocks the alpha-disc protection rootkit. Anydvd's footprint is tiny; the benefits for me far outway the small, insignificant disadvantages (and I'm aware of them; memory and cpu usage are important to PC gamers, but Anydvd barely uses resources).

And I've never had an issue updating Anydvd.

Last edited:
I want Autostart on by default. Anydvd blocks all kinds of horrible stuff......

For me it's not just about AnyDVD by any means.... but about all software that thinks it needs to autostart by default. IMHO, unless it's needed to recognize a piece of hardware, I want a choice by default.

Were it me... I'd add an install question checkbox that asks if I want autostart - or not.

I was very pleased to see AnyDVD asked if I wanted an Icon or not. A lot of programs feel free to add an Icon to your desktop - unsolicited.

Call it a minimalist mentality, or a gamers thing, or just being a controll freak even, but I like it when stuff asks my permission before changing a single setting on my machine(s).

Back